the jacket throw was classic
PhDhawk

Re: Ochai senior season

Post by PhDhawk »

TDub wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:48 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:46 pm
TDub wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:37 pm

Its a shame you missed Roys years
Depth matters more when you're trying to score 130 points and running your opponent to death, and when there weren't as many media timeouts.
True. But his full team swaps were rarely anything more than an angry reaction to poor play and usually ineffective....and i liked roy more than most here.
Oh for sure, espcecially when he'd throw in a couple walk-ons.

But, at least some teams, 1997 for example, he'd play a 9 man rotation.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

True. But his full team swaps were rarely anything more than an angry reaction to poor play and usually ineffective....and i liked roy more than most here.
I always respected what he did at KU, but you can throw me in the group that 2008 put an end to any dislike I had for the guy.

Also, getting older I realized what "going home" means to some people. Had to kill him to turn the job down in 2000 just as much as it killed him to tell the current team he was leaving in 2003.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

NDballer13 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:59 pm
I always respected what he did at KU, but you can throw me in the group that 2008 put an end to any dislike I had for the guy.

Also, getting older I realized what "going home" means to some people. Had to kill him to turn the job down in 2000 just as much as it killed him to tell the current team he was leaving in 2003.
Oh i was pissed in 03. But thats because I liked him. So many KU fans hold a hatred for him that doesnt allow them to see the good he did for KU in the 15 years he was here. I think thats silly.
Just Ledoux it
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I just wonder how things would have gone if he'd recruited the entire country and not just west of the Mississip.

I mean, I guess his success at UNC tells you how he'd do recruiting nationally instead of regionally.

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

TDub wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:01 pm

Oh i was pissed in 03. But thats because I liked him. So many KU fans hold a hatred for him that doesnt allow them to see the good he did for KU in the 15 years he was here. I think thats silly.
Agreed.

But, when a coach does leaves, all the annoying shit you never liked but didn't say anything about becomes fair game.

I always hated the dad-gum, this good keed, I'm just a good ole boy who cries at end of season press conferences act he played in front of the media. I tolerated it when he was here, but then when he left I could vent. Same thing with the lack of emphasis on defense.

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Also fair.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

PhDhawk wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:03 pm
TDub wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:01 pm

Agreed.

But, when a coach does leaves, all the annoying shit you never liked but didn't say anything about becomes fair game.

I always hated the dad-gum, this good keed, I'm just a good ole boy who cries at end of season press conferences act he played in front of the media. I tolerated it when he was here, but then when he left I could vent. Same thing with the lack of emphasis on defense.
you think that was all an act?
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Roy was a good coach, a class act and a douchebag.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I dont think the breakdown crying was an act but some of his dad gum coke bottle keeds was, I think, embellished.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Cascadia wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:56 pm Roy was a good coach, a class act and a douchebag.
🤣🤣🤣 for sure.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I liked and appreciated Roy.

But, I wanted Bill at KU when was at Tulsa.

Fucking defense.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy