NBA 24/25

Kansas Basketball.
randylahey

Re: NBA 24/25

Post by randylahey »

DeletedUser wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 5:23 pm I don't see him getting more assists than Haliburton, Luka, or Jokic. But he could be better than what he was per game last year, which was 12th in the league.
Chris Paul to wemby are going to be the most effortless lobs of all time
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Jacque rumored to be a top target for the Lakers as an assistant.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DeletedUser wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:23 pm Bronny got himself a nice 4 year contract.
Nearly the same as the 4 year, $7,639,302 contracts signed by last year's 57th pick, Trayce Jackson-Davis, and 58th pick, Chris Livingston.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

DeletedUser wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 1:07 pm Jacque rumored to be a top target for the Lakers as an assistant.
Yes, that is/was the rumor. I'm not really understanding it. Just doesn't seem the culture JV would want to associate himself with. Although...... He grew up in the LA area and might be a good ying to the yang.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

It really is a joke.
Drafting Bronny with the 55th pick isn’t that big a deal by itself—those picks rarely hit on anything—but to then double down and pretend like it wasn’t simply so LeBron would stay and THEN to pay him a ludicrous contract—well it’s ammo for those who hate LeBron and I can’t blame them for this particular shenanigan.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 7:27 am It really is a joke.
Drafting Bronny with the 55th pick isn’t that big a deal by itself—those picks rarely hit on anything—but to then double down and pretend like it wasn’t simply so LeBron would stay and THEN to pay him a ludicrous contract—well it’s ammo for those who hate LeBron and I can’t blame them for this particular shenanigan.
Maybe he will actually develop into a decent NBA player. I think he's got a chance. It'll help make this not seem so laughable in 10-15 years.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

YES. That part is a BAD joke.
Other than that, I am on team Bronny. Kid is just trying to live his dream. Worked his ass off to get to where he is today. Good for him.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 8:24 am
Other than that, I am on team Bronny. Kid is just trying to live his dream. Worked his ass off to get to where he is today. Good for him.
I'm sure he worked hard. He also had absolutely every available advantage since birth, including personal trainers, chefs, blah blah....He didn't work any harder than the guys who spot he took in the Draft.
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

TDub wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 11:49 am
I'm sure he worked hard. He also had absolutely every available advantage since birth, including personal trainers, chefs, blah blah....He didn't work any harder than the guys who spot he took in the Draft.
I'm not going to find fault in/with him because he grew up fortunate.
Your last sentence is based on what? All I said is he worked his ass off to get where he is today. I didn't say he worked any harder (or less hard) as anyone else.
I look at it as he took one spot in the draft. There were 59 other spots and then the ability for guys to become free agent signings - if they were/are worthy of playing in the NBA.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Nobody was entitled to that spot either. But I understand what you're saying.

I did see an interesting stat that children of former professional athletes outperform their draft position at a pretty high rate compared to athletes who don't come from parents with pro sport backgrounds.

So I think there is absolutely reason to think Bronny is capable of outperforming his 55th draft position.
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

DeletedUser wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 1:34 pm

I did see an interesting stat that children of former professional athletes outperform their draft position at a pretty high rate compared to athletes who don't come from parents with pro sport backgrounds.

So I think there is absolutely reason to think Bronny is capable of outperforming his 55th draft position.
That matches my perception, interesting that someone has actually analyzed it.

Tim Hardaway Jr, Jalen Brunson, Seth Curry, Steph too for that matter to an extent, Gary Payton II... Who am I forgetting?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

mjl2 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 1:56 pm

Tim Hardaway Jr, Jalen Brunson, Seth Curry, Steph too for that matter to an extent, Gary Payton II... Who am I forgetting?
Take your pick....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_s ... BA_players
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

More than I realized...(not a complete list)

Klay, Cole Anthony, Bol Bol, Darius Garland, Jerami Grant, Al Horford, Jaren Jackson Jr, Damontis Sabonis
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 1:04 pm

Your last sentence is based on what? All I said is he worked his ass off to get where he is today. I didn't say he worked any harder (or less hard) as anyone else.
I look at it as he took one spot in the draft. There were 59 other spots and then the ability for guys to become free agent signings - if they were/are worthy of playing in the NBA.
lots of guys averaged 4 pts 2 rebs a game in college. They all worked hard, why did Bronny get the spot? it wasn't based on his college performances. Thats my only point. Saying he worked hard is great....Im sure thay he did, so did lots of other guys with better performance based merits but less pedigree.
Just Ledoux it
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Eh. He averaged that after having a serious heart issue that cost him a lot of important time preparing for the season. He was a legit top 100 recruit. I think he would have been a decent college player next year with his health back and a true opportunity to prepare with a clear mind for the season. The kid almost died. There has to be some hesitation internally going back out onto the floor.

He was drafted on his potential, just like many players before him who didn't put up crazy good stats in college before turning pro. Pedigree matters. And yes, so does being LeBron's son. The contract he received shows that as well. He was overdrafted and then overpaid because his dad is an all time great.

He doesn't totally suck. He isn't a total bum. But he absolutely benefitted from the situation with the Lakers and his dad being the 2nd best player of all time. The Lakers would have been smart to either dodge the questions or be honest, rather than JJ try to make us think we're all stupid for thinking the LeBron connection had nothing to do with it.

Bronny is more deserving of an NBA spot than Giannis brother. Nobody seems super bothered than Thanasis is taking up a roster spot to dance on the bench and fuck around during blowouts.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

TDub wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 5:51 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 1:04 pm

lots of guys averaged 4 pts 2 rebs a game in college. They all worked hard, why did Bronny get the spot? it wasn't based on his college performances. Thats my only point. Saying he worked hard is great....Im sure thay he did, so did lots of other guys with better performance based merits but less pedigree.
Illy said it better than I could but I'll share some of my own thoughts and feelings...
I 100% agree his getting drafted 55 wasn't based on his college performances. There were definitely other factors. As I mentioned, one of the factors in his getting "the spot" included his having a pretty darn good all around combine.
I 100% agree there were lots of other guys with better COLLEGE performance based merits but less pedigree.
Don't get me wrong, I ABSOLUTELY feel his being LeBron's son played a factor in his being drafted 55.
I can debate his merit/s until I am blue in the face, and I honestly have mixed feelings about his being drafted 55, but I am not at all upset/angry/appalled about it.

I fully admit years ago I used to be a LeBron "hater". I'm not anymore. Sure I still find fault/s in some of his past antics, including a personal interaction I had with him, but overall, I'm a pretty big fan of him and the rest of the James family and I wish them all well.
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

DeletedUser wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 2:39 pm

Klay, Cole Anthony, Bol Bol, Darius Garland, Jerami Grant, Al Horford, Jaren Jackson Jr, Damontis Sabonis
I meant specifically the ones you referred to that outplayed their draft spot. Which a bunch of those guys did... I suppose all but Bol Bol. Horford maybe is right around what you expect for where he was drafted - unless you heavily factor in longevity.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

mjl2 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 10:52 pm
DeletedUser wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 2:39 pm

I meant specifically the ones you referred to that outplayed their draft spot. Which a bunch of those guys did... I suppose all but Bol Bol. Horford maybe is right around what you expect for where he was drafted - unless you heavily factor in longevity.
Hell, even Bol Bol, at round 2 pick 44, probably has outperformed the guys picked at that same spot historically.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

DeletedUser wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 6:02 pm
his dad being the 2nd best player of all time.
clarity
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy