Site Admin

Re: Meltdown Thread

Post by pdub »

KU drops out of the top 25.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The Top 25 helped provide Illini with even more bulletin board crap. Team needs to focus. Jalen needed more reps than he has gotten. Everyone needs to execute better. Lost in the meltdown was several players also played poorly. It was easily Casey's worst game. Skinner blew several reps and fumbled. The secondary was too porous. Focus. No hype.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Illinois receives most votes for just out of top 25 ( so they're 26th ).
Our defense did well, held Illinois to under 2.5 ypc -- just blew the opportunity, up 4 with 12 minutes left, on 2nd and 17, and instead let them convert that which ultimately led to the TD.

But this was clearly more on our offense, offensive coordinator and Daniels, who went 18/32 for only 141 yards and 3 interceptions.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Jalen confused by disguised coverages. They had rewatched the game several hundred times. They probably had a near perfect profile of Jalen's tendencies because there never seemed to be separation. A real problem is tight end. We miss Fairchild a lot. The injury had a real impact on productivity. The secondary esp. on the first and last drives gave too many easy pass options to Altmeyer.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Well, if they had rewatched the game several hundred times, we should have watched the Illinois game several hundred times too to be prepared to face them on the road.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I agree. I said last week this would be the biggest challenge of the season.

And again, God placing a long pass in the sticky left glove of a receiver and kicking the fumble into the end zone was not helpful. Picking up the flag because of fan anger was also bush league. You need to build in additional points in the road because the home team generally gets deferrence. We don't seem to, but most hone teams
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Sparko wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 1:09 pm I agree. I said last week this would be the biggest challenge of the season.

And again, God placing a long pass in the sticky left glove of a receiver and kicking the fumble into the end zone was not helpful. Picking up the flag because of fan anger was also bush league. You need to build in additional points in the road because the home team generally gets deferrence. We don't seem to, but most hone teams
Maybe playing at arrowhead this year, and the way the refs call games there in favor of the home team, it’ll rub off and be the same for the hawks this year.

I’m just goofing, don’t ban me, especially for speaking mostly truth ha ha. Fucking Titans that goes here right, being the meltdown thread.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

That's a silly stupid narrative and also doesn't belong in this thread.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

pdub wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 2:08 pm That's a silly stupid narrative and also doesn't belong in this thread.
^^^This. So tired of the pissing and moaning about the refs helping the Chiefs.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Pretty good article on Through The Phog about who to blame for the loss.

https://throughthephog.com/posts/blame- ... j780svqdrb
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

AlOerter wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 4:50 pm Pretty good article on Through The Phog about who to blame for the loss.

Why am I and GQ not listed? We're bad luck schlep rocks. At least I am. KU Football doesn't win road games that I attend.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

JKLivin wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 3:58 pm
pdub wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 2:08 pm That's a silly stupid narrative and also doesn't belong in this thread.
^^^This. So tired of the pissing and moaning about the refs helping the Chiefs.
I’m not putting anything like this in an actual ‘serious’ thread.

I don’t think it’s as bad as social media would have one believe if they used that as their news source, but the Chiefs for sure get calls. As have every top team.

And Chiefs fans don’t think it’s ’a thing’ as no elite teams’s fans ever do.

It, both the haters and diehards are wrong. But fan away.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 6:22 pm
AlOerter wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 4:50 pm Pretty good article on Through The Phog about who to blame for the loss.

Why am I and GQ not listed? We're bad luck schlep rocks. At least I am. KU Football doesn't win road games that I attend.
If you didn’t act like a bag of dicks like many dumb drunk Hawk fans did as they left the stadium, you weren’t part of the problem. Haha.

Their fan base and ours seemed to be a similar mix of wealthy dipshit bro-hams with at least a slight condescension problem and really nice midwestern folk.

I’m looking forward to another game at CMS. I don’t think I’ll be going to any games in Missouri. Yuck.