Ugh.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: 2024

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 2:39 pm they replace old uncle with gretchell whitmer. and they have my vote.
If this is true, then my personal opinion is that withholding a vote for Biden does not make sense.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

not voting for old uncle. is different than withholding my vote for old uncle.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 3:06 pm not voting for old uncle. is different than withholding my vote for old uncle.
In your state, it's not. There is not a voter in the country with MORE power than what you've got.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 2:53 pm i would vote for bill clinton.
Did you mean to type mean bill compton?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Overlander wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 1:04 pm Greeting people at WalMart at 70 would be hell on earth for this guy.
When it looked like we would retire in Denver I had a plan to get hired as a greeter at the Walmart on Colfax. The plan was to be the most popular greeter in Denver and to see what it would take for them to fire me. The Alamosa Walmart does not have clientele that is as adventurous/interesting. Working in a visitor's center answering people's questions at the help desk might be fun though.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 3:00 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 2:39 pm they replace old uncle with gretchell whitmer. and they have my vote.
If this is true, then my personal opinion is that withholding a vote for Biden does not make sense.
The thing that does not make sense, is that mich and I have the same opinion about a political candidate. Fuck me, what am I missing?
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

japhy wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 4:20 pm
The thing that does not make sense, is that mich and I have the same opinion about a political candidate. Fuck me, what am I missing?
At this point, I think the Ds' odds go:

1 - Someone else, with Biden's money and support
2 - Biden

[enormous gap]

3 - Someone else, without Biden's money and support

In other words, this is up to Biden (and Harris). I think Harris is electable.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I like George Clooney as a celebrity with progressive leanings. But may need someone more aggressive. I am a big Gretchell fan myself too
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Can Biden still win? I am not very confident at this point.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 4:44 pm
japhy wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 4:20 pm

At this point, I think the Ds' odds go:

1 - Someone else, with Biden's money and support
2 - Biden

[enormous gap]

3 - Someone else, without Biden's money and support

In other words, this is up to Biden (and Harris). I think Harris is electable.
I don't think Harris is electable. I think if you dump Biden and promote Harris you're handing the election to Trump.

If you pivot....it needs to be a forceful change of direction not an oopsie, that was a mistake......next man/woman up. Pete would be my choice for the democrats If not him the somebody who can be strong and decisively different than Biden.

Harris has 4 years of very little tangible action, and lots of holes that can be picked apart and magnified by the lie machine.
Just Ledoux it
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Harris would be fine. But like the economy not a good job advertising her work. She has done a lot of the heavy lifting. Biden has delegated his work to about the youngest and most diverse staff in history. And then there was Trump the dictator.

But cannot let Trump get close. Must win. No throw-away votes
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I feel, at this point, that within the universe of plausible replacements, there isn’t really much ground to be gained or lost on policy.

I absolutely agree with TDub that if you’re doing this, it has to be a clean cut and quick cauterization. And I’d add that it needs to come from Biden himself.

The more I think about it, the surer I am that it would be Harris and. Harris knows the people and processes in place. There wouldn’t be an issue with the money. In an election that, that little monarchy thing aside, is about women’s rights, she is possibly even additive. She certainly shores up and probably adds to (in a good way) some turnout issues with Black voters.

Being the professional services firm social liberal I am, I’m a gigantic Pete fan. I think he has everything you could ask for. And he is truly gifted in front of the camera, whether the interviewer is friendly or otherwise.

However, I do wonder if a Harris/Pete ticket would just be too much for too many.

I have a feeling that if he isn’t the lead man, Newsom is going to wait for his turn at the top of the ticket. And I’m not sure you really want to go California/California anyway.

Which would seem to leave…Shapiro?

Could you get Christie or even Haley to do it?

I think a Harris/R combo (a unity ticket) wins sprinting away from the orange lardass. And it might also be how you convince Biden this can work - his legacy could be kingmaking a unity ticket that saves democracy. That’s worth some middle schools and community centers, at least.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

If it comes across as feeling like the power dems passed over a qualified woman of color for a different white male they risk alienating a large portion of the people dems need to win.

Harris is probably who it'll have to be. Especially if it's going to be a unified thing Biden is going along with willingly (somewhat).
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DeletedUser wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 8:24 pm If it comes across as feeling like the power dems passed over a qualified woman of color for a different white male they risk alienating a large portion of the people dems need to win.

Harris is probably who it'll have to be. Especially if it's going to be a unified thing Biden is going along with willingly (somewhat).
I agree with this. For this and many other reasons (boring logistical ones, and also money ones) I am feeling like it is highly unlikely there will be a change that does not involve bumping Harris up to the #1 spot.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i’d love to see Pete absolutely destroy trump in a debate

Harris would likely perform well, also, but she has a tendency to use waaaaay to many words and complicate the narrative
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

I think a Harris/R combo (a unity ticket) wins sprinting away from the orange lardass. And it might also be how you convince Biden this can work - his legacy could be kingmaking a unity ticket that saves democracy. That’s worth some middle schools and community centers, at least.

i love this idea
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I think it would be an absolute kill shot.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Harris/Kinzinger 2024?

(sadly, i think two women would be too much for some)
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 9:10 pm Harris/Kinzinger 2024?

Not sure he moves the R needle.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 9:10 pm Harris/Kinzinger 2024?

Exactly why Pete won’t work.

And I truthfully would fully endorse Pete. I think he is amazing, smart and a good orator.

Those 3 qualities are probably why the Right would hate him.

Plus….the gay thing.