Ugh.
TDub
Contributor

Re: 2024

Post by TDub »

I know people who like Joe Biden, I know people who hate Joe Biden.

I do not know anyone that actively likes Harris.

I see that as a potential problem.
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

TDub wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 3:29 pm I know people who like Joe Biden, I know people who hate Joe Biden.

I do not know anyone that actively likes Harris.

I see that as a potential problem.
Interesting you used the word like instead of love in your first sentence.
I have never bothered asking anyone other than my mother and sister how they feel about Harris.
Overall, I'm indifferent. There are things I like about her, there are things I dislike about her.

Anyway/s, I am willing to bet a lot of money that at least 25% of Americans can't tell you who Kamala Harris is. In regards to the possibility of her being the Democratic Presidential candidate - is that a good or a bad thing - at this moment?
Of course some of those 25% would quickly learn who she is if she runs for President.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Joe needs to go, let's just hope he realizes it. Soon.

Stop scheduling any thing after 8pm and get more sleep?
"Jet lag" 11 days later?

Tell us you're not up to the job of being president without telling us you're not up to being president, Joe.

For reasons already expressed here, Harris is the most viable alternative. In addition to having better name recognition than any of the other Democratic alternatives, she's also the only one who can seamlessly use Biden's campaign funds and campaign infrastructure. And, I don't want to think about the potential reaction by Black female Democratic voters if she isn't the choice. #shudder

Of course, Republicans have tried to do the same thing to Kamala they've done to other Democratic women they're afraid of like Hillary and Pelosi, but their #1 attack on Kamala is...her laugh, her "cackle"...smfh.
(Full disclosure: I don't care for it either.)

Blacks in general and women in particular, both Black and White, would be energized by Kamala's candidacy. VP Harris is popular with young people and they would be thrilled at the generational change. I love the idea of a Republican VP "unity" ticket, and I admire the hell out of Liz Cheney, but do you have any idea how CONSERVATIVE she/her record is? Kenzinger, although not as conservative, lacks name recognition. Christy? NO! That being said, I dare you to try and find a "moderate" Republican that isn't named Mitt Romney with any name recognition.

All that makes Kamala the (nearly) obvious alternative choice. I don't necessarily love her, but we're not getting married, we're tying to save our republic.

Trump usually polls around 43% and never polls above 47%, and he only gets that high when it's him against Biden, lately. Democrats are eager to rally around someone, anyone other than Biden who can defeat Trump, and she'd likely attract some of the independents who are put off by Biden's infirmity.

Let Biden maintain his dignity by taking his time, (by this Monday), to make the obvious decision. And the sooner the better, so we can try and salvage our nation from the fascists and their Project 2025 fever dreams.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Anyone who can use Biden's advisors and backhand Trump gets my vote. But Trump must be cast aside with the shards of the Hermitage Foundation. With due respect to Jackson.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Ja'Mal Green
@JaymalGreen

When you pull up to the barbecue and your cousin got on a gangster Trump T-shirt he ordered online 😂 I said man, what are you wearing? He said “he gone win!” 😆😆

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Can wear that to the cross burning I suppose
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Sparko wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 6:33 pm Can wear that to the cross burning I suppose
Come on Sparko, who doesn't like a winner?

so much winning
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas