Ugh.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: 2024

Post by Shirley »

Sparko wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 1:29 pm
JKLivin wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 11:17 am
ousdahl wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 5:48 pm JD Vance looks like the love child from an affair between Al Borland from Tool Time and a racist care bear.
Racist? You are aware that his wife's family is from India? And that they have three mixed-race children together?
You mean the woman MAGA loons are making racist comments about? Because that is what is happening. There is none so blind Psych.
https://www.rawstory.com/jd-vance-wife-usha/
Vance's wife is a practicing Hindu.

You know the MAGAts have to love that.

From Sparko's link:

From Raw Story:

Do we really expect that the guy who has an Indian wife and named their kid Vivek is going to support white identity?" asked neo-Nazi podcaster and one-time Trump dinner guest Nick Fuentes recently.

"There is an obvious Indian coup taking place in the US right before our eyes," complained far-right podcaster Stew Peters.

"JD Vance gets tapped as VP and immediately there's a Hindu prayer at the RNC," said Vincent James Foxx, a Trump supporter who attended the "Stop the Steal" rally in January 6th, 2021. "Next we'll see Sen. Mike Lee and JD Vance team up to convince Trump to let in 10 million Indian immigrants. Green cards on diplomas!"
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

JKLivin wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 5:25 pm

Racist? You are aware that his wife's family is from India? And that they have three mixed-race children together?
You mean the woman MAGA loons are making racist comments about? Because that is what is happening. There is none so blind Psych.
He was saying that Vance was racist. I was refuting that. I can’t speak for everyone who might vote for Trump. Not sure how that makes me blind.
You were refuting he was racist by countering with but, but, but, his wife's family is from India - and I felt you were trying to imply that means he is not racist because of it.
If you think someone having an Indian wife excludes them from being (a) racist, never-mind.
Last edited by RainbowsandUnicorns on Thu Jul 18, 2024 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 2:12 am
He was saying that Vance was racist. I was refuting that. I can’t speak for everyone who might vote for Trump. Not sure how that makes me blind.
You were refuting he was racist by countering with but, but, but, his wife's family is from India - and I felt you were trying to imply that means he is not racist because of it.
If you think someone having an Indian wife excludes them from being (a) racist, never-mind.
So, what people group, specifically, is he racist against? Cuz, apparently, brown people in general and Indian people specifically are not a problem for him.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 2:22 am Image
stolen
Derek Cressman
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

JKLivin wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 6:40 am

So, what people group, specifically, is he racist against? Cuz, apparently, brown people in general and Indian people specifically are not a problem for him.
I don't know, and take a moment to think about this - neither do you.
Yet, you chose to use the fact his wife's family is from India and he has "mixed race" kids to (I felt) - imply he's not racist because of it.
If true, then I will be harsh and say I feel that's extremely ignorant.
My cousin is Jewish. He married an Asian woman who's family was from Japan. To you does that translate to/means he's not or can't be racist towards, Blacks, Mexicans, Arabs, etc.? Thankfully he's not but I promise you there are people in this country that are racist towards specific groups and are not racist toward others.
P.S. I never said nor implied JD Vance is racist - and I have never said nor implied he isn't racist.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Video link
Derek Cressman
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

That.

Celebrating criminals.

Chanting “Fight! Fight! Fight!”

Signs calling for bending the knee to Russia.

This isn’t your Uncle MICH’s Republican Party.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I dunno if one can really reconcile the "no political violence" ideal with the "fight fight fight" that happened literally in the immediate aftermath of an assassination attempt, among a long list of other violent rhetoric
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

You can’t reconcile ideals with reality generally.

That’s kinda the issue here.

You are - each of us is - faced with a choice of which candidate would at the very least have ideals that are somewhat directionally aligned with yours.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

yea.

and as far as choice of which candidate goes, I still think I'm leaning toward Cornel West.

at lest somewhat.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 7:59 am yea.

and as far as choice of which candidate goes, I still think I'm leaning toward Cornel West.

at lest somewhat.
You do you I guess. But if less than an AFH’s worth of people in a few states do this, then we all get the shit-and-cyanide sandwich.

That is why I take such an absolutist stance on the false equivalencies etc. The margins are SO thin, and the stakes SO high, that irresponsibly amplifying right wing-friendly talking points truly is contributing to the Putin-Trump ticket.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I know.

but, if we aren't allowed to vote for who we'd like to vote for, and whose ideals we feel are most directionally aligned with our own, then democracy is no longer democracy.

the margins are thin, indeed. But the better move to counter that is for a politician to build coalitions and actually appeal to a broader base of voters, rather than try for guilt trips and fear mongering.

also, heads up, I reported your post. I didn't say anything here even remotely related to Putin. For you to keep doing this, again, comes across as just trolling.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

You are feeling trolled by the mere reference to one of the two 2024 candidates being aligned with Putin?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

No.

I am feeling trolled by me suggesting I’ll vote for a third party candidate, and you responding to it with yet another attempt to suggest I’m a Putin parrot.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 7:04 am

I don't know, and take a moment to think about this - neither do you.
Yet, you chose to use the fact his wife's family is from India and he has "mixed race" kids to (I felt) - imply he's not racist because of it.
If true, then I will be harsh and say I feel that's extremely ignorant.
My cousin is Jewish. He married an Asian woman who's family was from Japan. To you does that translate to/means he's not or can't be racist towards, Blacks, Mexicans, Arabs, etc.? Thankfully he's not but I promise you there are people in this country that are racist towards specific groups and are not racist toward others.
P.S. I never said nor implied JD Vance is racist - and I have never said nor implied he isn't racist.
Maybe I'm conflating racism and White supremacy. My thought was that, he has no qualms falling in love with and marrying a woman of color, hence, he has no issues with people of color. I suppose he could have a problem with specific groups, but I, like you, would ask for evidence of that. I've seen or heard nothing to that effect.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Shirley wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 7:08 am

Video link
Horseshit. Calling for enforcement of immigration law is not racism, no matter how much you would like it to be. You're smarter than that.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

https://www.facebook.com/brutamerica/vi ... 603594799/

Sounds pretty racist about the 1 minute mark. Why only concern yourself with white workers?
Of coarse, this was before trump got elected and vance flip flopped on what ever morals and values he claimed to have. Kissing the ring of the person he hated in order to advance his own political goals.
Broham
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Wait, conflating racism and white supremacy…how is white supremacy NOT racist?
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 8:31 am Wait, conflating racism and white supremacy…how is white supremacy NOT racist?
I would assume that White supremacy is a blanket proposition, while racism could (theoretically) be confined to one particular people group.