Where's the petri dish thread?

Coffee talk.
Back2Lawrence

Re: Where's the petri dish thread?

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Overlander wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 10:52 pm
KUTradition wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 5:22 pm bubonic plague case in pueblo co., colorado
I blame Boebert
I just saw this. Plague has always been in Colorado. When I was a season ticket holder for the Rapids, there were a few instances where signs had to go up warning not to approach the prairie dogs, as there were positive tests of plague coming back from animals in area.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 11:16 am
KUTradition wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 5:22 pm bubonic plague case in pueblo co., colorado
I blame Boebert
I just saw this. Plague has always been in Colorado. When I was a season ticket holder for the Rapids, there were a few instances where signs had to go up warning not to approach the prairie dogs, as there were positive tests of plague coming back from animals in area.
We had a massive prairie dog town 200 yards from our home in Highlands Ranch Co.

Cute lil guys
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

I blame Boebert
should i have clarified that it was a human case?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Overlander wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 11:19 am
Cute lil guys
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Have you ever considered that the prairie dogs put up those signs?
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Overlander wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 11:29 am Have you ever considered that the prairie dogs put up those signs?
Considering who did put them up, the behavior patterns might be quite similar.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

KUTradition wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 11:27 am

I blame Boebert
should i have clarified that it was a human case?
That would have made a difference, to the affect I’d have uttered ‘huh’ and then done a simple google search about the deadliness of the plague (bubonic and otherwise) today. I’d guess that’s more than most would do.

It’d be a great sensational headline though (not your intent, but the source from which you read, probably).
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

From Seeking Alpha:

Companies with products targeting the mpox virus will be in focus on Thursday trading after Thailand reported the first case in Asia linked to a new mpox strain called clade Ib, which has led to a recent outbreak in Africa.

According to Thailand’s health ministry, a European male who arrived in Bangkok from Africa last week was admitted to a hospital on Aug. 15, a day after his arrival, due to symptoms linked to mpox.

Noting that lab tests confirmed his infection was linked to the clade Ib variant, the ministry said it would report results to the WHO, which has already declared a global emergency over the virus, formerly known as mpox.

The new strain has been spreading across several African countries over the past few months and has led to 500 deaths in the Democratic Republic of the Congo alone, with a fatality rate of 3%.

The new strain is thought to be deadlier and more transmissible than the mild Clade 2b variant, which led to the previous mpox outbreak and prompted WHO to declare a global health emergency in 2022...
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

have we heard which undercover, US gov’t funded lab overseas came up with this one?

asking for randi and psycho
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

I don’t know what mpox is. But I bet it originated in china.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

absolutely…it’s the deep state october surprise brewing
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 10:03 am october surprise brewing
is that a seasonal ipa? with a hint of pumpkin.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

sigh…

The slow arrival of the shots – which have already been made available in more than 70 countries outside Africa - showed that lessons learned from the COVID-19 pandemic about global healthcare inequities have been slow to bring change, half a dozen public health officials and scientists said.

Among the hurdles: It took the World Health Organization (WHO) until this month to start officially the process needed to give poor countries easy access to large quantities of vaccine via international agencies.

That could have begun years ago, several of the officials and scientists told Reuters.

The first 10,000 vaccines on their way to Africa - made by Bavarian Nordic – were donated by the United States, not provided by the U.N. system...
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

the United States is the greatest country in the world. by a wide margin.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 9:55 am have we heard which undercover, US gov’t funded lab overseas came up with this one?

asking for randi and psycho
We’ll have to have another plandemic to subvert the election. I expect it all to hit the fan the first week of November.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

did you stock up on more tinfoil?
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

KUTradition wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 7:02 pm did you stock up on more tinfoil?
Well, duh.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

good

added entertainment
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

KUTradition wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 7:40 pm good

added entertainment
Tinfoil isn’t very entertaining, I’m afraid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »