GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Geezer

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by Geezer »

Any reaction from the White House to Hong Kong?
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Geezer wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 9:08 pm Any reaction from the White House to Hong Kong?
Thumbs up asses is all.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

A Texas church canceled Mass services just days after reopening after a priest died and several members of his religious order tested positive for the coronavirus.

Holy Ghost Catholic Church in Houston reopened its doors on May 2, as the Lone Star State began loosening its stay-at-home orders.

But on May 14, the parish canceled all services after Father Donnell Kirchner died. Five members of the congregation tested positive for COVID-19, church officials said Monday.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/coronavirus- ... est-reopen
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

With the weather getting nice in most areas why don't churches look to hold some services outdoors where people can space out and airflow is safer?

This really isn't as hard as some people make it out to be. Most things can be modified in ways that make them significantly safer for participants.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Isn't it sad we live in a country that is so divided that we need to have people die to prove our point/s?
Yesterday our President felt the need to hold a presser stating that houses of worship are to be considered "essential". I have no problem with that. Why would I - as long as it's done safely - and that is why the "guideline/s" were created. All good as far as I am concerned.
My problem is that he walked away refusing to take questions and handed it off to the White House Press Secretary to be the extension of his asshole personality.
She actually has the audacity to say to the members of the media who were there - "Boy, it's interesting to be in a room that desperately wants to seem to see these churches and houses of worship stay closed".
Not a single reporter implied that. They did ask about the safety and expressed that Birx and Trump seemed to not be completely in tune with one another.
When the q&a turned in to the political bull-shit OAN set up - I loved that every network (at least 6 or 7) I changed the channel to cut away - except for FOX. Then even FOX called her out.
Trump called the presser to address houses of worship being "opened" and it turned in to a shit show because Kayleigh McEnany is a scripted asshole puppet. This has been a pattern with her and while I realize it's their job to report the news, at some point the media that are assembled need to get up (loudly to drown her out) and walk out on her. Thankfully the networks are cutting her off - as they should.

P.S. I have no issue with people (such as Kayleigh McEnany) who wear religious symbols and expose them for others to see. Except when they shit on the religious principles those symbols represent.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:18 am With the weather getting nice in most areas why don't churches look to hold some services outdoors where people can space out and airflow is safer?

This really isn't as hard as some people make it out to be. Most things can be modified in ways that make them significantly safer for participants.
Because actually solving the problem eliminates it from the list of things to bitch and whine about and if Trump doesn't have a list of things to bitch and whine about then he has to run on his actual accomplishments. If you remove all of the "yeah but fuck libs", "how dare you try to keep me from my church", "keep your hands off my guns" and "life begins at conception" people from Trump's base, he might not have enough votes to get on a primary ballot.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Grandma wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:36 am Isn't it sad we live in a country that is so divided that we need to have people die to prove our point/s?
Yesterday our President felt the need to hold a presser stating that houses of worship are to be considered "essential". I have no problem with that. Why would I - as long as it's done safely - and that is why the "guideline/s" were created. All good as far as I am concerned.
My problem is that he walked away refusing to take questions and handed it off to the White House Press Secretary to be the extension of his asshole personality.
She actually has the audacity to say to the members of the media who were there - "Boy, it's interesting to be in a room that desperately wants to seem to see these churches and houses of worship stay closed".
Not a single reporter implied that. They did ask about the safety and expressed that Birx and Trump seemed to not be completely in tune with one another.
When the q&a turned in to the political bull-shit OAN set up - I loved that every network (at least 6 or 7) I changed the channel to cut away - except for FOX. Then even FOX called her out.
Trump called the presser to address houses of worship being "opened" and it turned in to a shit show because Kayleigh McEnany is a scripted asshole puppet. This has been a pattern with her and while I realize it's their job to report the news, at some point the media that are assembled need to get up (loudly to drown her out) and walk out on her. Thankfully the networks are cutting her off - as they should.

P.S. I have no issue with people (such as Kayleigh McEnany) who wear religious symbols and expose them for others to see. Except when they shit on the religious principles those symbols represent.
If all he was asking for was for state governors to please work to find a way to put guidelines in place to open churches in a safe manner then I wouldn't have a problem with it. However, a church is no more essential than an ice rink or a swimming pool or a bowling alley. It's shameless pandering and a feeble attempt to weaponize people's faith.

And to listen to conservative voters, who spend all their time bitching about how the federal government should let states decide what is best for them, sit here with their thumbs up their asses while Trump takes a giant shit on that, is so typically hypocritical that it makes me laugh.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Happened to speak with the most Catholic friend that I know, who said she is perfectly happy watching Mass on TV and is not going back for a very long time, because she's read their parish plans and doesn't think it's very safe. And she's in a place where services are being held outside and everyone is asked to wear masks.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 310

twocoach wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:01 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:18 am With the weather getting nice in most areas why don't churches look to hold some services outdoors where people can space out and airflow is safer?

Because actually solving the problem eliminates it from the list of things to bitch and whine about and if Trump doesn't have a list of things to bitch and whine about then he has to run on his actual accomplishments. If you remove all of the "yeah but fuck libs", "how dare you try to keep me from my church", "keep your hands off my guns" and "life begins at conception" people from Trump's base, he might not have enough votes to get on a primary ballot.
Why do you need trump to solve all the problems?

I am not looking for politicians to solve the problems. I am looking for people to solve their own problems.
Deleted User 310

twocoach wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:06 am
Grandma wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:36 am Isn't it sad we live in a country that is so divided that we need to have people die to prove our point/s?

If all he was asking for was for state governors to please work to find a way to put guidelines in place to open churches in a safe manner then I wouldn't have a problem with it. However, a church is no more essential than an ice rink or a swimming pool or a bowling alley. It's shameless pandering and a feeble attempt to weaponize people's faith.

And to listen to conservative voters, who spend all their time bitching about how the federal government should let states decide what is best for them, sit here with their thumbs up their asses while Trump takes a giant shit on that, is so typically hypocritical that it makes me laugh.
I'm not a religious person, but churches are more essential than bowling alleys skating rinks and indoor swimming pools imo.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:11 am
twocoach wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:01 am

Why do you need trump to solve all the problems?

I am not looking for politicians to solve the problems. I am looking for people to solve their own problems.
Exactly.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:14 am
twocoach wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:06 am

I'm not a religious person, but churches are more essential than bowling alleys skating rinks and indoor swimming pools imo.
To religious people churches are "more" essential. To bowlers, skaters, and swimmers who exercise to stay physically (and mentally) healthy - maybe bowling alleys skating rinks and indoor swimming pools are more "essential" to them. Can't fault them if they are.
I say that as someone who suffers from "mental illness" and when I feel the need to be "spiritual", I go to my "sanctuary" which is the lakefront - that my Mayor is not allowing me to visit. Yes, it's fucking frustrating.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I don't roll on Shabbos
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

him not wearing a mask is infuriating, and it definitely makes others (supporters I’d assume mostly) not wear a mask too.

I live in ag and oil land, and it’s a good 50-50 split on those wearing vs not. I’d guess (and suspect it’s fairly accurate) that it goes down voting lines. And if that is actually true, it’s sick.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

That's the fucking problem with politicizing everything. It LOCKS you into a position based not on practical considerations but on the "YAY Team!" narrative.

You get Republicans refusing to wear masks, cuz freedom! And you get Democrats locking the world down for months and hoping for extended political damage cuz Orange Man Bad.

It's all fucking gross.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:23 pm That's the fucking problem with politicizing everything. It LOCKS you into a position based not on practical considerations but on the "YAY Team!" narrative.

You get Republicans refusing to wear masks, cuz freedom! And you get Democrats locking the world down for months and hoping for extended political damage cuz Orange Man Bad.

It's all fucking gross.
Well-put. Everybody is scrambling to make the most of the crisis for their agenda rather than doing what is best for the people. Gross, indeed.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

ousdahl wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 1:13 pm I don't roll on Shabbos