Re: Uncle Joe

Post by MICHHAWK »

we do have a choice. who do we predict will be on the ballot in nov:
old uncle
dt
corny west
rfk
jill stein

is that about right? or am i missing someone? or is there someone on that list that will not be on the ballot.

we can even "right in" any person that we like, correct?

choices indeed.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

right

:lol:
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

As usual, MICH's spelling is a window into his soul.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

choices. one of the many reasons we are the greatest country in the world. by a wide margin.
Last edited by MICHHAWK on Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 10:43 am choices. one of the many reason we are the greatest country in the world. by a wide margin.
We would agree, then, that taking away someone's choice - disregarding or nullifying their legal vote - is bad?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Shirley wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 9:27 am
KUTradition wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 9:21 am one is a fascist, one isn’t
^^^
One is an incompetent fascist, one is a competent normal person.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:20 am
KUTradition wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 9:21 am one is a fascist, one isn’t
^^^
If Biden was your uncle, the day after family Thanksgiving you'd remark to your wife about how well he's doing.

If Trump was your uncle, the day after family Thanksgiving you'd remark to your wife about how far gone he is.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Ho-lee-shit.

“Compassion” and “empathy” and “not a fascist” and “a normal person” are quite the ways to describe a dood whose criticisms also include expanding the police state, gutting environmental protections, reneging migrant asylum, and waging multiple proxy wars with no end in sight…not to mention those pesky little accusations of genocide.

For real, Biden’s biggest accomplishment very well may be taking Trump’s controversial initiatives and making them appealing to liberals. (Remember when we were supposed to vote for Biden cuz the one who was gonna start WW3 was Trump?!)

I miss the days when Democratic scandals were mostly about blowjobs.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:49 am Ho-lee-shit.

“Compassion” and “empathy” and “not a fascist” and “a normal person” are quite the ways to describe a dood whose criticisms also include expanding the police state, gutting environmental protections, reneging migrant asylum, and waging multiple proxy wars with no end in sight…not to mention those pesky little accusations of genocide.

For real, Biden’s biggest accomplishment very well may be taking Trump’s controversial initiatives and making them appealing to liberals. (Remember when we were supposed to vote for Biden cuz the one who was gonna start WW3 was Trump?!)

So dramatic.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Right?

Genuinely wondering if Trump being reelected means liberals will go back to being opposed to that stuff again.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:49 am Ho-lee-shit.

There are load-bearing distortions and falsehoods in your criticisms. That is why they fall apart.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yea, I know.

Just like Clinton said, he did NOT have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Ousdahl would take the shark instead of the battery electrocution. That's all he is saying. We are saying he is falling for a false choice and don't sink the boat out of spite.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:59 am Yea, I know.

Just like Clinton said, he did NOT have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky.
Ok.

Since you know that there are load-bearing distortions and falsehoods in your criticisms, and you post them anyway, then you really shouldn’t get pissy when people don’t take you seriously.

It’s troll (or even shitposter) stuff, which is not the reputation you say you are going for.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

It’s troll (or even shitposter) stuff…

its a day of the week ending in “y”

color me unsurprised
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 12:31 pm

Ok.

Since you know that there are load-bearing distortions and falsehoods in your criticisms, and you post them anyway, then you really shouldn’t get pissy when people don’t take you seriously.

It’s troll (or even shitposter) stuff, which is not the reputation you say you are going for.
No kidding. The "police state" has not expanded under Biden (I doubt he could even give some sort of means to measure whether it has expanded or not). I assume the non-dramatic answer is actually "he did something that supports police". Environmental protections have not been "gutted". I assume the non-dramatic answer is actually "he did something that supports oil companies". Biden hasn't reneged migrant asylum, he has temporarily put a daily cap on it. And Biden hasn't waged any proxy wars, nor has he committed genocide.

Honestly, I don't even know why I respond to him at this point. It's beyond stupid any more.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Beyond stupid?

OK, then don’t respond any more.

The fact you even take the time to acknowledge there is maybe some truth to what fish otherwise knee-jerked as falsehoods seems to cast doubt tho.

And the fact you can so confidently say things like “nor has he committed genocide” even tho entities as significant as the ICC have alleged just that, I mean come on.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 12:31 pm

Ok.

Speaking of load-bearing, “distortions and falsehoods” are pretty heavy terms.

If you’d like to articulate why any or all of my criticisms are so, please do. But unless you do, your terms just don’t seem to carry much weight.

I don’t mean to troll. But I do mean to offer someperspective beyond the echo chamber this place can so often be. There’s got to be a gray area there.

That’s another way of saying, DC’s comment about hollowed-out carcasses seems to ring so true.
Last edited by ousdahl on Wed Jun 12, 2024 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:33 am
twocoach wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:20 am

^^^
If Biden was your uncle, the day after family Thanksgiving you'd remark to your wife about how well he's doing.

If Trump was your uncle, the day after family Thanksgiving you'd remark to your wife about how far gone he is.
Speaking of distortions…

I think there really is some critical mass of concern about Biden’s age and cognitive condition, just like there is about Trump.

The fact you will only express that concern about the dood you don’t like, but give such benefit of the doubt to the dood you do like, says an awful lot here.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 12:39 pm It’s troll (or even shitposter) stuff…

its a day of the week ending in “y”

color me unsurprised
Oh come on bro, it’s not like I suggested other posters would be in the right to kill you.