Dumbfuck in charge

Ugh.
Deleted User 62

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by Deleted User 62 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 6:00 pm
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 5:57 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 5:36 pm I am more upset at my governors response than trumps tbh.
Yeah, that is also part of the plan...
I'm not buying into the conspiracy theories that he has a master plan.

I live in a blue state. I'm much more happy with my states response than I am of the responses of Florida Georgia Texas etc. I've been much happier with blue states repsonse than red states response, so for me that debunks your theory that he has turned me against my governor...but im sure for some he has, although I dont think the people you're speaking of needed any convincing.
Let's see how this plays out late November.
No fucking way that dipshit leaves office without a scorched lawn
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 6:07 pm

I live in a blue state. I'm much more happy with my states response than I am of the responses of Florida Georgia Texas etc. I've been much happier with blue states repsonse than red states response, so for me that debunks your theory that he has turned me against my governor...but im sure for some he has, although I dont think the people you're speaking of needed any convincing.
I dont know about scorched lawn, but if law enforcement drags him out I wouldn't be shocked if his face leaves an orange streak on the carpet.
Deleted User 62

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 6:13 pm

I dont know about scorched lawn, but if law enforcement drags him out I wouldn't be shocked if his face leaves an orange streak on the carpet.
Yeah, we can rest easy that Barr will send the troops right in to roll Dear Leader right out the door
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Pitting the nation's governors against each other and making them compete on an international scale thus driving the price of already scarce medical supplies even higher making the fiscal situation of the states worse and making them even more dependent on the central government and increasing his power over them while not even yet coming up with a national testing and tracing policy and encouraging heavily armed Americans to violate the White House' own social distancing policies to gather in groups and threaten governors of the democratic party was just what we've all come to hope for and expect from our president.

Right?

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 3:56 pm
ousdahl wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:40 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:23 pm That's the fucking problem with politicizing everything. It LOCKS you into a position based not on practical considerations but on the "YAY Team!" narrative.

You get Republicans refusing to wear masks, cuz freedom! And you get Democrats locking the world down for months and hoping for extended political damage cuz Orange Man Bad.

It's all fucking gross.
care to elaborate on how Democrats locking the world down is motivated by extended political damage?
You should read more carefully. Geezer too.

I didn't say anything about the motivation behind the lockdown.
I realize you're going all CoyDC by now, but can I ask again? Please try to answer the question without dodging it over terms like "motivation."

you seem to suggest dems hope to keep the world on lockdown primarily for political damage. When did lockdown become a "politicized" issue? Is this your own conclusion? Did you read it somewhere? Did a dem lawmaker have some Mitch McConnell-type moment, and shamelessly state it as a goal?

Do you perceive political damage as the only motivating factor behind locking the world down? Could lockdowns be motivated by other, less partisan, goals?

How would you prefer to see dems respond? Should they oblige and just un-lockdown the world?

are Dems the only ones locking the world down? Are (as Geezer mentions) republican lawmakers (and other world leaders) also in on the scheme to make Orange Man look bad too?

Should Orange Man bear any responsibility of his own for any of the "political damage?"

Where can we draw the line between a leader who locks down out of, say, public health concerns; and a leader who locks down cuz they hope to cause political damage?

and you mention the Dem hopes for political damage from lockdowns in the same breath as republican refusals to wear masks. Do you mean to compare the two, or suggest the two are related?
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

You are going to come absolutely unglued when he wins again in November.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Is that a part of the Plandemic?
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 5:56 pm
Grandma wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 5:42 pm I'm curious, what part/s of his "response" are you upset about?
Well, I think it's silly that weed dispensaries are open for recreational sales, small liquor stores open, cigarette shops open...but for a month I couldn't golf and you still can't go walk by the lake...i also think for a long time his response was based too much off of chicago area while not realizing that those strict restrictions weren't as necessary in the much smaller rural counties (which fwiw is not my county)...that has caused many of the smaller counties to rebel against his restrictions and now aren't following any of them. Whereas I think if it was done more on a county by county or regional approach from the beginning that people wouldn't have become as upset as they have.

I also think its terrible optics that his wife went to florida, but I am not freaking out about it like some.
I agree about the what can be open and what can't be open not making much sense. Can't blame the Governor for the lakefront being closed. That was 100% Mayor Lightfoot. My 86 year old mother can't sit in a small park near her home. What good reason is there for that when I can walk 4 blocks and sit in a beautiful park? No rhyme or reason as to which parks are open and which are not. My mother can't walk well so there really are no other options for her to take a short walk and sit on a bench unless she wants to sit on a bench at a bus stop. It's bull-shit. I told her to contact the Alderman. Not sure if she has.
I agree a lot of Pritzker's response was and still is based off of Chicago. That's where the "numbers" hit hard. At first it was basically an all or nothing conundrum for him. Now it probably should be on a community basis but as the Washington Post pointed out (I think it was yesterday) we have people going back and forth all over the state and going to neighboring states and that in no way is going to stop the spread. You and I say, well then you might as well "open" the entire state. Unfortunately it's not our decision.
As far as his wife going to Florida, probably not a smart move but as he said/alleges, they went before the "stay at home order". I admit I have several family members who have done similar things - leaving the state to go to other homes. I don't blame/fault them - at all.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Geezer wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 7:36 pm Is that a part of the Plandemic?
AGENDA 30! Bazing!
Deleted User 62

HouseDivided wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 7:07 pm

Whether he wins or not, it will be the beginning of some very dark times for this country.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 7:49 pm

Whether he wins or not, it will be the beginning of some very dark times for this country.
No way. If we all just stay at home, they’ll have a vaccine for us all by 2022 and everything will be great! Dr. Fauci says so.
Deleted User 62

HouseDivided wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:02 pm

No way. If we all just stay at home, they’ll have a vaccine for us all by 2022 and everything will be great! Dr. Fauci says so.
See what I mean?

You laugh and call people sheep......
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

I don't know about Jeeper but I know I will. I'm already unglued with him as my President.
In his 2nd term the man could find a cure for cancer and make me a billionaire and I would still feel he's a terrible person.
Deleted User 62

Grandma wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:07 pm

I don't know about Jeeper but I know I will. I'm already unglued with him as my President.
In his 2nd term the man could find a cure for cancer and make me a billionaire and I would still feel he's a terrible person.
If he is this horrific with the thought of possible re-election.......
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Grandma wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:07 pm

I don’t think he’s a good person, either. Then again, it’s been awhile since we had a POTUS in office who was. Maybe Reagan?
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:03 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:02 pm

See what I mean?

You laugh and call people sheep......
I do so because I hear a lot of bleating.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

This is 100% true but holy shit there is no way Trump can dig the USA out of this hole...
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

ousdahl wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 6:35 pm

care to elaborate on how Democrats locking the world down is motivated by extended political damage?

I realize you're going all CoyDC by now, but can I ask again? Please try to answer the question without dodging it over terms like "motivation."

you seem to suggest dems hope to keep the world on lockdown primarily for political damage. When did lockdown become a "politicized" issue? Is this your own conclusion? Did you read it somewhere? Did a dem lawmaker have some Mitch McConnell-type moment, and shamelessly state it as a goal?

Do you perceive political damage as the only motivating factor behind locking the world down? Could lockdowns be motivated by other, less partisan, goals?

How would you prefer to see dems respond? Should they oblige and just un-lockdown the world?

are Dems the only ones locking the world down? Are (as Geezer mentions) republican lawmakers (and other world leaders) also in on the scheme to make Orange Man look bad too?

Should Orange Man bear any responsibility of his own for any of the "political damage?"

Where can we draw the line between a leader who locks down out of, say, public health concerns; and a leader who locks down cuz they hope to cause political damage?

and you mention the Dem hopes for political damage from lockdowns in the same breath as republican refusals to wear masks. Do you mean to compare the two, or suggest the two are related?
The Bubbas I know can’t seem to understand that Dems don’t want a lock down any more then they do. The problems Dems have revolve around things like: 1- There is no plan. 2- We don’t want to do this shit again later this year.

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Man has issues...

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 6:35 pm

CHEEZEUS KREYEST, DC! KWIT DOJING BYE TAWKING ABOWT MOTERVAYSHUN! I DIN'T SEIGH THET!

"care to elaborate on how Democrats locking the world down is motivated by extended political damage?"

Also, you should look into the meaning of the word "and."
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto