Overlander
Contributor

Re: 2024

Post by Overlander »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 7:37 pm
JKLivin wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 7:22 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 7:02 pm

As the great Jeeper would say - "JFC!"
I admit it, my head is spinning trying to make sense out of your post.
You listed things that DO matter to you. I asked if you bothered to learn the positive aspects of what our President and Vice President have done in regard to those things and you responded - "I don’t bother to learn things that don’t matter to me, i.e don't make my life better".
So please help me out. The economy, job market, and border, do matter to you - but they don't matter to you when it comes to educating yourself in regards to what our President and Vice President have done to try and improve them? Sorry, I just don't get that. I know, I know, you don't "THINK" you will find anything positive. Well, how are you going to know for sure it you don't try?
To me, "efficiency" is educating yourself on matters that DO "matter" to you and learning more about what our President and Vice President have done in regards to them. "Ignorance" is your "THINKING" you know and leaving it at that.
You’re implying that they did something positive within those domains? Doubtful.
You THINK it's doubtful.
I am doing more than "implying" - being that I KNOW Biden has done "something/s positive within those domains". My KNOWING is the result of my caring enough to educate myself.
When you are genius level, your learning days are behind you.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 7:02 pm

As the great Jeeper would say - "JFC!"
I admit it, my head is spinning trying to make sense out of your post.
You listed things that DO matter to you. I asked if you bothered to learn the positive aspects of what our President and Vice President have done in regard to those things and you responded - "I don’t bother to learn things that don’t matter to me, i.e don't make my life better".
So please help me out. The economy, job market, and border, do matter to you - but they don't matter to you when it comes to educating yourself in regards to what our President and Vice President have done to try and improve them? Sorry, I just don't get that. I know, I know, you don't "THINK" you will find anything positive. Well, how are you going to know for sure it you don't try?
To me, "efficiency" is educating yourself on matters that DO "matter" to you and learning more about what our President and Vice President have done in regards to them. "Ignorance" is your "THINKING" you know and leaving it at that.
You’re implying that they did something positive within those domains? Doubtful.
You THINK it's doubtful.
I am doing more than "implying" - being that I KNOW Biden has done "something/s positive within those domains". My KNOWING is the result of my caring enough to educate myself.
If, by positive, you mean the excuse he made in the debate of, “Well, it may be bad, but you should have seen what I started with,” then I’m not interested in excuses. I want results. I also don’t buy the “We created X number of new jobs last month” b.s. I know there are more part time jobs out there because I work six of them on top of my full-time job. I know inflation is out of control because I have made more than $200K each of the last three years, and I am breaking even after taxes. I’m not interested in LOOKING for positives, I want them to be readily apparent.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Overlander wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 8:13 pm

You THINK it's doubtful.
Dude, jealousy is a bad look for you.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

JKLivin wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 8:28 pm

You THINK it's doubtful.
Dude? Are you 14?
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

JKLivin wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 8:27 pm

You THINK it's doubtful.
If, by positive, you mean the excuse he made in the debate of, “Well, it may be bad, but you should have seen what I started with,” then I’m not interested in excuses. I want results. I also don’t buy the “We created X number of new jobs last month” b.s. I know there are more part time jobs out there because I work six of them on top of my full-time job. I know inflation is out of control because I have made more than $200K each of the last three years, and I am breaking even after taxes. I’m not interested in LOOKING for positives, I want them to be readily apparent.
What I feel is nice thing about your post is probably not a nice thing at all.
I am in agreement with you on.....
1. "I'm not interested in excuses".
2. As I basically said before, I feel the "we created X new jobs" is a good thing but let's not ignore the negative job news such as the unemployment rate rose last month.
3. I have no idea why you work 6 part time jobs (as opposed to 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 or 7 or 8 or 9) and I admit I don't know if there are or aren't more part time jobs available, but I THINK we are in agreement that there are probably (definitely?) more people who need part time jobs to make ends meet than there were before Covid hit.

Moving on...
I 100% disagree that inflation is currently "out of control". I 100% agree that it's a factor that is hurting a lot of people. You and me being two of them - to to lesser degrees than a lot of other people and to a greater degree than others.

You say you are not interested in LOOKING for positives but I feel you are IGNORING positives - and either pretending they don't exist or maybe don't want them to exist?
Maybe a bad analogy but did you ever evaluate/diagnose and treat psych patients? If so, did you stop trying to learn about a patient after you made your initial assessment?
I'm asking as someone who had a "breakthrough" with my therapist on Thursday. Something that neither she nor I thought about nor realized before.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Overlander wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 8:45 pm
JKLivin wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 8:28 pm

Dude? Are you 14?
You prefer “bruh”?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

You THINK it's doubtful.
I know there are more part time jobs out there because I work six of them on top of my full-time job.
Maybe you should have picked up a skill set that provides that 200k in just one position.

It does help us understand why you are bitter.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Overlander wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 9:19 pm

You THINK it's doubtful.
I know there are more part time jobs out there because I work six of them on top of my full-time job.
Maybe you should have picked up a skill set that provides that 200k in just one position.

No, thanks. I’d rather not sell things for a living. It’s a slimy profession for dishonest people.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

well, you may not sell anything but you sure buy a whole load of shit....
Just Ledoux it
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

TDub wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 10:16 pm well, you may not sell anything but you sure buy a whole load of shit....
Good one.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

JKLivin wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 6:45 am
TDub wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 10:16 pm well, you may not sell anything but you sure buy a whole load of shit....
Good one.
it's my genius level intelligence shining through
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

JK for President in 2024!
He's slightly more cognizant than Biden is - on Biden's worst day.
He's slightly less egotistical than Trump is - on Trump's worst day.

Moving on.....
Harris.
The woman who ran for President in 2020 - and very few Democrats supported - is going to be their choice to try and beat Trump in 2024 if Biden drops out?
And there are people who feel she might/can/will beat Trump?

As I used to say instead of JFC, VGR!
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

JKLivin wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 9:21 pm

No, thanks. I’d rather not sell things for a living. It’s a slimy profession for dishonest people.
Nice try.

But, maybe you should stop your fucking whining then.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Overlander wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 9:54 am

Nice try.

Whining and stating facts are two different things. I get that you don’t like the facts, and that’s fine, but I’m not going to agree that it’s whining just to make you feel better.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

TDub wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 9:13 am
JKLivin wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 6:45 am
Good one.
it's my genius level intelligence shining through
Obviously.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

JKLivin wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 10:33 am
Overlander wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 9:54 am

Nice try.

Whining and stating facts are two different things. I get that you don’t like the facts, and that’s fine, but I’m not going to agree that it’s whining just to make you feel better.
Here we go again.
"I’d rather not sell things for a living. It’s a slimy profession for dishonest people."
Do you truly believe that?
Sure, like the psych field, I feel there are slimy and dishonest people in sales but that's a really broad based statement by you.
Thinking quickly, I know/knew 3 people in sales who I strongly feel are/were 3 of the most honest and virtuous people I know/knew.
I know/knew 2 people in the psych field that I strongly feel are/were two of the most dishonest and least virtuous people I know/knew.
Imjustsayin.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

TDub wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 11:51 am honest question. Despite the swirl of panic that potentially would ensue if candidates are switched, particularly if it'd not just a shift to promote Harris.

Are there voters that Kamala brings in that Joe doesn't? is that number of votes greater than rhe amount of votes potentially lost due to the switch?

If the answer to either of those questions is no, then it's not a winning move and they should either stick woth Joe....OR...move to a new ticket entirely and roll the dice.
Just saw this a little bit ago:

NBC Poll July 7-9

Support among Black voters:

Harris: 78%
Trump: 14%
= 64 point lead

Biden: 69%
Trump: 12%
= 57 point lead

Harris > Biden by 7points

Support Among Third Party Voters:

Biden 31%
Trump 32%
Biden = -1

Harris 46%
Trump39%
Harris 7 point lead

Harris 8 point > Biden
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Shirley wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 11:19 am
TDub wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 11:51 am honest question. Despite the swirl of panic that potentially would ensue if candidates are switched, particularly if it'd not just a shift to promote Harris.

Are there voters that Kamala brings in that Joe doesn't? is that number of votes greater than rhe amount of votes potentially lost due to the switch?

If the answer to either of those questions is no, then it's not a winning move and they should either stick woth Joe....OR...move to a new ticket entirely and roll the dice.
Just saw this a little bit ago:

NBC Poll July 7-9

Support among Black voters:

Harris: 78%
Trump: 14%
= 64 point lead

Biden: 69%
Trump: 12%
= 57 point lead

Harris > Biden by 7points

Support Among Third Party Voters:

Biden 31%
Trump 32%
Biden = -1

Harris 46%
Trump39%
Harris 7 point lead

Harris 8 point > Biden
fair enough, not sure how much I trust polls but probably more than my own personal experience.

I know nobody who is excited for Harris. zero.
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Realistically, the three choices for Democrats with 3.5 months until the election are:

1. Biden

2. Harris

3. Chaos

And even tho a pivot to Harris will be much less chaotic than trying to qualify a totally new pair of president/vice presidential candidates on 50 state ballots, once you can finally decide on the pair, even it will be messy. But, Biden was losing before the debate, is doing even worse in the battleground states now, and pulling down-ballot Demos down with him, since the debate.

The JD Vance pick, along with Project 2025, was a gift to Demos, but Biden is incapable of prosecuting the case. In addition, Biden is dominating the news cycle 24/7, so it's time to cut bait, change this back to a referendum on Trump, and the sooner, the better.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Biden just dropped out.