Ugh.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Re: No One Cares Because Nothing Matters Anymore

Post by DCHawk1 »

Mjl wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:49 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:28 pm
Feral wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:35 am
So considering how concerned potus is with corruption among foreign gummints, does this mean he’s withholding aid to Israel now too??
So, a question: American aid to Israel is, currently, not contingent on settlement matters. If a president were to say to the PM of Israel: "No more aid until you quit building and dismantle current settlements," is that a quid pro quo?
This is beneath you.
Ah. But blaming Trump for Bibi's corruption is all good.

Also, it is, right?
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

zsn wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:38 pm
So considering how concerned potus is with corruption among foreign gummints, does this mean he’s withholding aid to Israel now too??
So, a question: American aid to Israel is, currently, not contingent on settlement matters. If a president were to say to the PM of Israel: "No more aid until you quit building and dismantle current settlements," is that a quid pro quo?
Are dismantling and suspension of building going to personally benefit the president?
That's precisely the point.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

This is beneath you.
Not any more.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

But it is, right?

Don't get pissy with me because you have trouble keeping up.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

lulz
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:42 pm
zsn wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:38 pm

Are dismantling and suspension of building going to personally benefit the president?
That's precisely the point.
I'll put you down on the opposite camp as Moscow Mitch and Pretzel Lindsey, I think....I'm having a hard time keeping score at home and knowing what the "point" exactly is!
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

The issue is now and always has been whether there is anyway to explain POTUS's obsessions as anything other than personal obsessions.

The quid pro quo took place. That is inarguable and always has been.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

The question is "Whatcha gonna do about it?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

No.

We know what is going to be done about it.

That much has been a given -- since January 20, 2017, if not earlier.

Two questions remain: does Trump have the ability to make the case that there was anything even resembling the national interest? And does he have the discipline and emotional stability to allow that case to be made on his behalf by competent surrogates (assuming he can find competent surrogates).
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

No, and no.

But, in the end...it won't matter.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

For me, and just my opinion, the GOP is gone.

I grew up a Republican. As a 40+ adult, I grew into a fiscally conservative...but mostly liberal leaning adult.

What Trump is doing to this country...our norms...and the very literal Constitution of our nation is not at all surprising. Trump serves no one outside of himself. He couldn't care less about anything outside a few feet of his atmosphere.

The fact that the Republican party can stand shoulder to shoulder with this despicable excuse for an American reinforces to me that any and every single one of them cannot die enough personal and political deaths to satisfy me.

FUCK.....EVERY....SINGLE...ONE....OF...THE ...CUNTS
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Sorry, but...

SIX years after Nixon was forced to resign in disgrace, leading to a HUGE 49 seat midterm House-seat pickup for the Democrats (unprecedented for a majority party), the GOP presidential candidate won 44 states (and 489 EVs) against an INCUMBENT president.

Parties rebuild and benefit immeasurably from the fact that elections are a binary choice.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:09 pm No.

Two questions remain: does Trump have the ability to make the case that there was anything even resembling the national interest? And does he have the discipline and emotional stability to allow that case to be made on his behalf by competent surrogates (assuming he can find competent surrogates).
Nah. He really doesn't have to show it was in the national interest. He will just deny everything and the senate will say "if you think what he did is so bad then don't vote for him".
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

I honestly hope they don’t rebuild the bigoted, corrupt, hypocritical cesspool. Time to burn it down and start over.

Do you really want the Jordans, Nunes’, Pompeii’s and Scalises anywhere near the rebuilding process?
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:41 pm

This is beneath you.
Ah. But blaming Trump for Bibi's corruption is all good.

Also, it is, right?
is that what happened?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Mjl wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:32 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:09 pm No.

Nah. He really doesn't have to show it was in the national interest. He will just deny everything and the senate will say "if you think what he did is so bad then don't vote for him".
Maybe
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

He’ll show it was against the interests of the demonrats, which makes it more than justifiable in the minds of the base. Next, he’ll stir in a heaping scoop of self-victimizing WiTcHhUnT rhetoric. Then, just sit back and let the demonrats fuck the rest up for themselves.

Man, I’m good at this. I should be a republican campaign strategist!

...if not for my ability to experience shame, combined with my desire to avoid prison.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

This is beneath you.
Let the record show that DC incorrectly quoted a post of mine that included that reply, but that's not what I posted.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

what, something wrong with trophy selfies?