Uncle Joe

Ugh.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Uncle Joe

Post by jfish26 »

This is pretty much where I’m at.
Those who rushed to call for him to step down without poll evidence to substantiate their predictions of disaster and without affording him the chance to course correct acted irresponsibly and arguably only made the dilemma worse. Pundits’ arrogant effort to boot out a party’s democratically selected nominee with no care for the chaos it might unleash or the relative merits of dumping the advantage of incumbency didn’t help. Such overreach coupled with the media’s ongoing effort to normalize Trump (despite his obvious mental liabilities, personality defects and tyrannical plans) naturally pushed Biden to dig in his heels.

[…]

Biden needs to deliver vibrant appearances, conduct town halls and give tough interviews on this subject, removing doubt as to his fitness and electability. His appearance on Monday was a solid start. He looked and sounded strong, but he needs to be freed from the teleprompter and to speak easily at length about critical topics. His planned interview on Friday with ABC’s George Stephanopoulos, if it goes well, will help soothe anxious Democrats. However, waiting so long to provide that reassurance and appearing so little during the week only fueled Democrats’ anxiety. Where was he?

If Biden cannot appear in a free-flowing setting to erase doubts, he is obligated to make way for Harris to accept the nomination. It would be unconscionable and foolhardy for Democratic elites to pluck someone else out of a field of unvetted candidates and skip over the first African American female vice president. If earnest Democrats feel that Biden’s retirement is the best option, it behooves them to rally around Harris, making the transition as smooth as possible.
https://x.com/jrubinblogger/status/1809 ... q_-8Yt1KMA
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Like I said before, I will vote for a box of forgotten leftovers in my fridge if it is named the Dem nominee to keep Trump out of the White House.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

twocoach wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 9:18 am Like I said before, I will vote for a box of forgotten leftovers in my fridge if it is named the Dem nominee to keep Trump out of the White House.
You are not alone, and it's a pretty sad statement when people feel they know they are choosing a moldy sandwich but they feel it's better than choosing a maggot filled bowl of soup. How's that for an analogy?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 9:40 am
twocoach wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 9:18 am Like I said before, I will vote for a box of forgotten leftovers in my fridge if it is named the Dem nominee to keep Trump out of the White House.
You are not alone, and it's a pretty sad statement when people feel they know they are choosing a moldy sandwich but they feel it's better than choosing a maggot filled bowl of soup. How's that for an analogy?
I am voting for a platform not an individual and I more closely associate to the Dem platform than that of Trump. Trump has said out loud all of the horrible things he plans to do and if Project 2025 hasn't opened some eyes then people aren't taking it seriously enough. I am honestly kinda surprised that someone hasn't opened a thread here to discuss it on it's own.

My 21 year old was griping about how crappy her first Presidential election is because of who she has to choose from and I reminded her that keeping Donald Trump out of office may make this one of the most important elections of the next 20 years.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

On one hand, there is an actual choice between a shit sandwich and a gas station wrapped sandwich. That is this election; either might win.

On the other hand, there is a carnival game choice between a shit sandwich and a wagyu burger. That might well be 2028: the Dems will run a MUCH better candidate, but there is no real chance of that candidate winning.

In other words, if anyone doesn't like the choices they have now, they may look to "elections" in places like Russia, Hungary and Belarus.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

if i were Biden, and fully confident in my mental fitness, i would’ve held an Oval Office addressing of the nation…teleprompter or no
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 11:17 am if i were Biden, and fully confident in my mental fitness, i would’ve held an Oval Office addressing of the nation…teleprompter or no
The whole thing is maddening.

There is no doubt in my mind that Russia is amplifying messaging around Biden's fitness, and lord fucking knows that the mainstream media is pretty much exclusively either Team Knives Out or Team Horserace.

In other words, NOBODY learned a single goddamn thing from 2016 (or, when you think about it, from 2016 forward).

But I think the writing is on the wall: Biden could come out and perform Simone Biles' floor routine and then run a sub-2:00.00 marathon while taking press questions on a live mic, and the next time he stutters, we're right back where we started.

And of course Biden's fitness IS very much a valid question.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I don't understand why someone his age even wants to do this for 4 more years.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DeletedUser wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 1:45 pm I don't understand why someone his age even wants to do this for 4 more years.
Some non-unpackable mix of selfishness and selflessness.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

JESUS FRICKING CHRIST!

This is NOT edited.

https://twitter.com/mazemoore/status/18 ... 3212638406
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 9:03 am This is pretty much where I’m at.
Those who rushed to call for him to step down without poll evidence to substantiate their predictions of disaster and without affording him the chance to course correct acted irresponsibly and arguably only made the dilemma worse. Pundits’ arrogant effort to boot out a party’s democratically selected nominee with no care for the chaos it might unleash or the relative merits of dumping the advantage of incumbency didn’t help. Such overreach coupled with the media’s ongoing effort to normalize Trump (despite his obvious mental liabilities, personality defects and tyrannical plans) naturally pushed Biden to dig in his heels.

[…]

Biden needs to deliver vibrant appearances, conduct town halls and give tough interviews on this subject, removing doubt as to his fitness and electability. His appearance on Monday was a solid start. He looked and sounded strong, but he needs to be freed from the teleprompter and to speak easily at length about critical topics. His planned interview on Friday with ABC’s George Stephanopoulos, if it goes well, will help soothe anxious Democrats. However, waiting so long to provide that reassurance and appearing so little during the week only fueled Democrats’ anxiety. Where was he?

If Biden cannot appear in a free-flowing setting to erase doubts, he is obligated to make way for Harris to accept the nomination. It would be unconscionable and foolhardy for Democratic elites to pluck someone else out of a field of unvetted candidates and skip over the first African American female vice president. If earnest Democrats feel that Biden’s retirement is the best option, it behooves them to rally around Harris, making the transition as smooth as possible.
https://x.com/jrubinblogger/status/1809 ... q_-8Yt1KMA
His planned interview on Friday with ABC’s George Stephanopoulos, if it goes well, will help soothe anxious Democrats. However, waiting so long to provide that reassurance and appearing so little during the week only fueled Democrats’ anxiety

You can be rest assured that this interview will be slickly edited if George S has anything to do with it. There will appear to be no snafus, no stuttering, no gaffs by Biden. George is a dyed in the wool Democrat and one of the strongest Trump haters. So all you Dems can relax, George will get Biden back on track to win the nomination for President.
Originally Imzcount (Why do politicians think “hope” is a plan ?)
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 3:57 pm JESUS FRICKING CHRIST!

This is NOT edited.

Uh, OK, Gutter. Good find!

I'll point out that Biden did restate his talking-point seconds later saying "2024". I'm not defending the old dodderer, but I'm not a fan of selective snipping, when it's done so to make something seem even worse than it already is. My point is, you played more than 10 seconds before the blooper, and basically 0 seconds after, and obviously there's a reason for that.

Don't be like MSM.

4:11 PM · Jul 5, 2024
Last edited by Shirley on Fri Jul 05, 2024 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 11:36 am
KUTradition wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 11:17 am if i were Biden, and fully confident in my mental fitness, i would’ve held an Oval Office addressing of the nation…teleprompter or no
The whole thing is maddening.

There is no doubt in my mind that Russia is amplifying messaging around Biden's fitness, and lord fucking knows that the mainstream media is pretty much exclusively either Team Knives Out or Team Horserace.

In other words, NOBODY learned a single goddamn thing from 2016 (or, when you think about it, from 2016 forward).

But I think the writing is on the wall: Biden could come out and perform Simone Biles' floor routine and then run a sub-2:00.00 marathon while taking press questions on a live mic, and the next time he stutters, we're right back where we started.

And of course Biden's fitness IS very much a valid question.
^^^

Not that it would have made any difference in the long run, but WTF was Biden and his staff thinking when they let this stew for an entire week before acting on it? If he could have done something to allay America's fears before now about his ability to do the job, he would have. But he couldn't, so he didn't.

And just like you point out, (with another of your stiletto metaphors), there isn't anything Biden can do at this point to put those fears to rest. Nothing. That ship has already sailed.
Derek Cressman
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Shirley wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 6:10 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 3:57 pm JESUS FRICKING CHRIST!

This is NOT edited.

Uh, OK, Gutter. Good find!

I'll point out that Biden did restate his talking-point seconds later saying "2024". I'm not defending the old dodderer, but I'm not a fan of selective snipping, when it's done so to make something seem even worse than it already is. My point is, you played more than 10 seconds before the blooper, and basically 0 seconds after, and obviously there's a reason for that.

Don't be like MSM.

4:11 PM · Jul 5, 2024
I completely agree with everything you said.
The reason why I chose that particular snippet was because EVERY thing he says and does is going to be under a microscope and will be judged and ridiculed (yes, or defended).

No matter how someone chooses to share the snippet/s of his speech, this was what he said and what occurred....
"I'll beat Donald Trump. I will beat him again in 2020".
Indeed, 5 seconds later he said, "Oh, and by the way, we are going to do it again in 2024".

'm not going to guess and I really don't care if it was someone in his ear who corrected him, or something he saw on the teleprompter, or if his brain stopped short circuiting and he came to the realization on his own, or whatever. No matter what happened or didn't happen, no matter how big or small of a deal people want to make of it, his saying, "I'll beat him again in 2020", wasn't a good thing.
Sure, the bottom line is, we all make mistakes. The problem for him, his supporters, and possibly our country is that he made a glaring mistake while being "under the microscope" - and right or wrong, I assume there are a considerable amount of people other than me who felt it was cringe worthy. People who support him as much if not more than those who don't.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Thanks, Joe!

Over 200,000 more jobs added to the economy again last month.

Nasdaq, S&P end week at record highs yet again...

(Things could be a whole lot worse.)
Derek Cressman
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Welp, I was wrong, Stephanopolous didn’t do anything to prop up Biden. Seems like the media are all together on shooing him out of the campaign now.
Originally Imzcount (Why do politicians think “hope” is a plan ?)
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Shirley wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 10:04 pm Thanks, Joe!

Over 200,000 more jobs added to the economy again last month.

Nasdaq, S&P end week at record highs yet again...

(Things could be a whole lot worse.)
Lulz. I mean not lulz.
You do realize that sure there were over 200,000 more jobs added but the unemployment rate rose. Right?

Thanks Joe?

P.S. IF (that's a big if) the June inflation rate number/s come back higher than expected, what blame will you give Joe for that compared to the credit you will give him if they come back lower than expected? ;)

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Quick overly critical assessment of the first 10 minutes.

https://twitter.com/OwenShroyer1776/sta ... 8686530950

Biden - "I was exhausted". Why? First excuse was the cold, then they used jet lag. Both neither? Neither were mentioned before the debate. Why after? Valid or not, excuses excuses excuses. What is to be believed, what isn't to be believed?
Biden - "I didn't listen to my instincts". That's troublesome.
Biden - "Because I was sick, I was feeling terrible".... "Just a really bad cold". I call bull-shit. (notice how he didn't say anything about jet lag?)
1:00 minute mark - "Are you suffering from a cold? "I have a sore throat". Ok, having a sore throat can be from a cold but why not say/answer - yes?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHvXlV-qPS4
Step - "Did you ever watch the debate afterwards"?
Biden - "I don't think I did, no". He doesn't THINK he did? He doesn't KNOW if he did or not?
Biden - "I just had a bad night, I don't know why". He says he doesn't know why and yet he came up with excuses why he did. So which is it? He does know why he did or he doesn't know why he did?
Step - "Are you more frail"?
Biden - "No". If he doesn't recognize and realize it, then he isn't self aware to me.
Biden - "He looked at me and said you're exhausted". Fair, but then why do 10 or however many events in the day/s after - and appear to be less exhausted?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

So biden identifies as a black woman now apparently? This dude has dementia. Every time he speaks in public he fucks something up. Not one of you can honestly say he's fit to run this country, and you know he isn't the one running it

https://x.com/OkayBiology/status/180926 ... lsOeg&s=19
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I'm voting for the guy that can walk and finish a sentence. I'm looking forward to cheaper groceries again. Maybe average American families will be able to afford vacations and can buy a home again

With biden we have had 4 years of unchecked government spending and constant inflation and we all know it