2020 offseason thread

Kansas Football.
NewtonHawk11

Re: 2020 offseason thread

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah the KDHE screwed the pooch with the way they reported it. Called it a cluster, but they said the cases were over the span of the last 28 days. Not a current case count.... jeebus.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Do we know if the players are potential starters?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

No one will know because they won't give that information out. But the beat writers who know the roster and whatnot will be able to gather by kickoff Saturday night.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

If it's not a current cluster, then I would say the team has not be transparent.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

NiceDC wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:13 am If it's not a current cluster, then I would say the team has not be transparent.
Maybe I'm mistaken but didn't they basically shut workouts down in early August. Don't know if it was because of uncertainty in season or if it was due to a cluster.

Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

lol...allowing 16k to be in attendance?

what could possibly go wrong

edit: whoops...meant for nfl thread
Last edited by Deleted User 89 on Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

McAnderson on the sidelines for radio:

https://kuathletics.com/brandon-mcander ... -reporter/

"One of McAnderson’s most memorable performances in a Kansas uniform was against Nebraska in 2007, when he set a then-single game record with four touchdowns en route to a 76-39 victory over the Huskers."
Deleted User 318

Whoa, BMac. I hung out with him after Orange Bowl for a bit. Shame he never got much traction in the league.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:24 am McAnderson on the sidelines for radio:

https://kuathletics.com/brandon-mcander ... -reporter/

"One of McAnderson’s most memorable performances in a Kansas uniform was against Nebraska in 2007, when he set a then-single game record with four touchdowns en route to a 76-39 victory over the Huskers."
Kling went to the Chiefs. Big step up for him and good for Kling. But BMac has been on the postgame shows on ESPN+ regularly to provide insight and he's pretty good at it.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Corinne Harris suspended one game. Will be back after a Coastal game. Was arrested for drug and gun charges over offseason but Les mentioned a few weeks ago he was doing well in legal proceedings and was suspected to rejoin team.

Deleted User 318

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah not ideal. They’re going to have to hold onto Neal from Lawrence High. They need to keep him excited about program.

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

We all knew that was happening and he won't be the last. It was a miracle he is the only one that has de-committed thus far.
That's why I am so frustrated with KU's results so far. Kids don't want to hear about how the previous regimes screwed up. They want results and if you can't deliver they will find some where else.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

holidaysmore wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:18 am We all knew that was happening and he won't be the last. It was a miracle he is the only one that has de-committed thus far.
That's why I am so frustrated with KU's results so far. Kids don't want to hear about how the previous regimes screwed up. They want results and if you can't deliver they will find some where else.
Definitely agree here.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

We as fans, well at least those who are left have patience. I've been a Jayhawk my whole life and will be till the day I die. Probably stupidly I will be right in front of my TV for the game against WVU and so forth.
These recruits have to make a business decision because very few of them have personal ties to KU like we do as fans. If I watch on TV the team I committed to getting absolutely embarrassed and wasting talent like Pook, Robinson and Parchment and another school comes calling you best believe I will entertain that. KU has made it way to easy for schools to negatively recruit against us. So while I understand that we have to have patience as we rebuild these recruits sure as hell won't and they are our only hope for a better future.
Holidaysmore - 2005
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Need 5 straight years of recruiting and developing FBS offensive and defensive linemen. Several stated that year 2 would be worse than year 1 because of personnel and overloaded upperclasses that were left by previous regime. The beatdowns will keep coming.

QB injuries, the carousel, and lack of development is a symptom of piss poor management from the very top down. Stay the course with the entire staff.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Les not making the trip--about the only Covid-related decision by CFB this season.

Josh Eargle coaching instead of Eliot is kind of surprising.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Eargle is the guy with the most experience head coaching. In all of Eliot’s days as a coach, never been a HC at any level. Surprising.

Also surprised it wasn’t Emmitt Jones. But Eargle and Les are the two closest guys on the staff. Eargle was right beside Les on the sidelines a ton last year.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

"Not COVID related, nyuk nyuk nyuk."

https://twitter.com/JayhawkSlant/status ... 54854?s=20
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

KU should do the right thing and just cancel the rest of the season.
Holidaysmore - 2005