21-22 lineup

Kansas Basketball.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: 21-22 lineup

Post by pdub »

Yes.
There was a lot of frustration with the twins that year.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Freshmen Morrii were were airballs waiting to happen, and played so soft that at one point they were loosing their starting spot in favor of Quintrell Thomas.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:07 pm
pdub wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:58 pm Not sure if we remember back to what Marcus was in 2009.
Wish those boreds still existed so we could see what was said.

It wasn't Morris 2010 and 11, I can promise you that.

And 09 was a pretty down year when it comes to the B12 ( why we were only a 3 seed despite winning the thing ).

Both Marcus and Jalen made the all-rookie team.
i remember both bros getting clowned for “not being able to dunk”
It was worse, they said they chose not to dunk. I'm not sure why you'd say that out loud.

They made major strides on and off court while here. Their story could have been so much worse. Having a strong parent like they did really helped.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

funny how that works
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Angel!

And whatever you do, don’t ever say anything bad about her...
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Certainly don't send her inappropriate texts or they may jump you, break your nose and beat you unconscious.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

And worse yet, have a fall guy ready to take the blame.

That’s 5 ass kickings for the price of one
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:13 pm Angel!

And whatever you do, don’t ever say anything bad about her...
If the glove don't fit . . .
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Sorry, pols bored joke alert!

technically I think it was mittens...

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

The twins were terrible as freshmen, but you could see they weren't near their ceiling.

I'm not sure Jalen has as much room for improvement, physically...I think he could improve his shooting/scoring.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:09 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:07 pm
pdub wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:58 pm Not sure if we remember back to what Marcus was in 2009.
Wish those boreds still existed so we could see what was said.

It wasn't Morris 2010 and 11, I can promise you that.

And 09 was a pretty down year when it comes to the B12 ( why we were only a 3 seed despite winning the thing ).

Both Marcus and Jalen made the all-rookie team.
i remember both bros getting clowned for “not being able to dunk”
It was worse, they said they chose not to dunk. I'm not sure why you'd say that out loud.

They made major strides on and off court while here. Their story could have been so much worse. Having a strong parent like they did really helped.
They were tired. (also something they said out loud)

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:37 pm The twins were terrible as freshmen, but you could see they weren't near their ceiling.

I'm not sure Jalen has as much room for improvement, physically...I think he could improve his shooting/scoring.
All true.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:51 pm Morrii were overwhelmed as freshmen.

But the thing about freshmen is, they become sophomores.
Unlike Jalen, who was a freshman. And then became a freshman. And then was a freshman again.

Look - I'm not at all saying he can't be a great player for us. It's just a bit weird to say he's going to be, because look at his freshman stats, when (1) he'd been in the program for a year and (2) our roster was dogshit.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Also, keep in mind, he made huge strides physically over the summer in terms of getting in shape. So, it was like his So year in the system, but also physically.

Outside of Dok, guys don't normally have multiple massive improvements physically.

Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:48 pm Also, keep in mind, he made huge strides physically over the summer in terms of getting in shape. So, it was like his So year in the system, but also physically.

Outside of Dok, guys don't normally have multiple massive improvements physically.
to that point, bulking up fucks with a jumper

you gotta work really hard to keep your stroke (presuming he had one before)
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Jalen, like the Morriseses, is less a freak athlete type player and more a polished skill set type player.

He’s already shown flashes of a j, plus above average handles, particularly for a stretch 4.

This was his first year of high level D1 ball, and last year it’s not like he redshirted just to train. Dude was out hurt. That not exactly conducive to development.

Not to mention he’s already our best rebounder, and poised to be a double double machine either way.

I think skill-type things like jumper and handles will show great improvement next year.

Well, maybe not next year next year, since he’ll still be a freshman. but the year after that!
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:04 pm Jalen, like the Morriseses, is less a freak athlete type player and more a polished skill set type player.

He’s already shown flashes of a j, plus above average handles, particularly for a stretch 4.

This was his first year of high level D1 ball, and last year it’s not like he redshirted just to train. Dude was out hurt. That not exactly conducive to development.

Not to mention he’s already our best rebounder, and poised to be a double double machine either way.

I think skill-type things like jumper and handles will show great improvement next year.

Well, maybe not next year next year, since he’ll still be a freshman. but the year after that!
Is he a stretch 4 though, or a classic 3 (SF) playing out of position?

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Not sure he can guard true wings. At least at the nba level.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

tweener.

I mean, maybe he's just an undersized 4. He's a great rebounder for his size. He's also a good post defender, especially good at keeping his man off his spot prior to getting the ball. He does his work early, to keep his size from being exploited.

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:45 pm
ousdahl wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:51 pm Morrii were overwhelmed as freshmen.

But the thing about freshmen is, they become sophomores.
Unlike Jalen, who was a freshman. And then became a freshman. And then was a freshman again.

Look - I'm not at all saying he can't be a great player for us. It's just a bit weird to say he's going to be, because look at his freshman stats, when (1) he'd been in the program for a year and (2) our roster was dogshit.
My expectations of Wilson after his "been in the program for a year" season spent recovering from a broken leg are a bit different than most guys who have actually been in the system for a year practicing.