Royals

Other Sports.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Royals

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:07 am Not bad considering one of the two prospects we gave up is the same age as Benintendi - and the Sox are paying part of his deal.
The risk is that Lee figures it out. But there's not a great track record of guys like him figuring it out.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:44 am This is what I'd do:

1. Whit (R) - 2B
2. Benintendi (L) - LF
3. Soler (R) - DH
4. Santana (S) - 1B
5. Perez (R) - C
6. Bradley, Jr. (L) - CF
7. Dozier (R) - 3B -OR- RF
8. Mondesi (S) - SS
9. Taylor (R) - RF -OR- Gutierrez (R) - 3B

In for a penny, in for a pound. Great L/R balance, no black hole at the bottom like the last couple years, can move things around if, for example, Mondesi breaks out or Whit or Salvy turn into pumpkins.
*Heart Eyes Emoji*
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Now, if they're about done, I'd expect:

1. Whit (R) - RF
2. Mondesi (S) - SS
3. Soler (R) - DH
4. Santana (S) - DH
5. Perez (R) - C
6. Benintendi (L) - LF
7. Dozier (R) - 3B
8. Taylor (R) - CF
9. Lopez (L) - 2B

If Mondesi isn't good (and needs to be moved down), you'll again have a situation where the bottom is just shit.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Like it's crazy to me the Royals are acquiring a player from a team that is somewhat doing a salary dump that is in the prime of his career for a relatively unknown and 2 PTBNL. The role has always been reversed (except for the salary part)

Man, I'd love the lineup of
1. Whit
2. Benintendi
3. Soler
4. Santana
5. Perez
6. Dozier
7. Mondesi
8. Taylor
9. Lopez

1-7 becomes one of the best lineups in baseball.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Let's hope there is bad energy for Cleveland trading their studs and Chicago hiring La Russa and they have deserved awful starts.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Royals do have a chance. Pitching has to come out well to start as the relatively new lineup gets o working together.

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:56 am Let's hope there is bad energy for Cleveland trading their studs and Chicago hiring La Russa and they have deserved awful starts.
The LaRussa thing cracks me up. You could hardly come up with a worse fit. It would be like Reid retiring, and Veach hiring like Dan Reeves.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Witt hits .560 in AA and is called up early. Ha! I like feeling optimistic again.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Pitchers, catchers report?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:02 am Pitchers, catchers report?
I cannot put into words how happy I will be to have baseball on TV again. And, competitive/interesting baseball to boot!
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Fox Sports and Sling still fighting, I think. No baseball on TV for me unless it's random games on FS1 or ESPN. Sucks.

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

It makes sense for me far away to get MLB.com. But it sucks that there is a blackout area.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah and I'm in the blackout obviously for Royals.

Just stinks. There's so much help out there for people far away from their teams markets, except the NFL. But all others have great abilities to watch games for the Royals if they live in like Denver or Nashville.

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:25 pm Yeah and I'm in the blackout obviously for Royals.

Just stinks. There's so much help out there for people far away from their teams markets, except the NFL. But all others have great abilities to watch games for the Royals if they live in like Denver or Nashville.
It is absurd that a sport in a precarious position (which baseball is) makes it so goddamned hard for fans to watch games on the device of their choosing.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:40 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:25 pm Yeah and I'm in the blackout obviously for Royals.

It is absurd that a sport in a precarious position (which baseball is) makes it so goddamned hard for fans to watch games on the device of their choosing.
Amen to that. It makes no sense at all. I used to enjoy the radio calls, but it is criminal not to get the TV Hudler version. Hoping that changes. It makes zero difference for attendance for KC. Lots of traveling fans and BBQ
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Duff wearing 30 to honor Ace. Cool move.

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:43 pm Duff wearing 30 to honor Ace. Cool move.
Yes? But it's also (characteristically, I guess) quite aloof of Duffy.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Duff is the only remaining starting pitcher from his time would be one reason, but I think Holland would be a good candidate too.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I wonder if Ventura would be with the Royals now - he'd be what, 29?
He was a year or two away from the average 'prime' pitching.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Seeing Wade Davis back in a Royals uniform with Salvi was great yesterday.