Let’s have a war!

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by ousdahl »

Yea, don’t talk to cops.

And yea, let’s learn from history.

ETA just saw fish’s comment.

While “attacked” may be a strong word, our decades of overwhelmingly cold relations with Russia, including the last 10 or so years of our shameless hubris exhibited with regard to Ukraine in particular, and absolutism and good guy bad guy rhetoric upon which we insist now, are all material to what would have and has happened, and is happening now.

I mean do we wanna learn from history or don’t we?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

grunt, grunt
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:48 pm Yea, don’t talk to cops.

While “attacked” may be a strong word, our decades of overwhelmingly cold relations with Russia, including the last 10 or so years of our shameless hubris exhibited with regard to Ukraine in particular, and absolutism and good guy bad guy rhetoric upon which we insist now, are all material to what would have and has happened, and is happening now.

Ten years, you say? Google "Russia Ukraine 2014" and report back! Learning from history and so on.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

as an American, it is my god given duty, my birthright to hate russia. what else can i do.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:54 pm
ousdahl wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:48 pm Yea, don’t talk to cops.

Ten years, you say? Google "Russia Ukraine 2014" and report back! Learning from history and so on.
viewtopic.php?p=323501&hilit=Maidan#p323501
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

No one can doubt your commitment to the bit.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Oh, forgive me.

I forgot that learning from history only applies to everyone else.

When it comes to learning from history in a look-in-the-mirror, how might our own country have contributed to this conflict kinda way, well…do we have to do that each time something happens? Because it seems silly. This isn’t hard.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

You may answer at any time.
jfish26 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:31 am
ousdahl wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:22 am
jfish26 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 7:43 am

Flares and chaff. Flailing around in janky, discombobulated search of goalposts when they are right in front of you, you just don’t like that the ball you kick doesn’t go through them.

Other people can (and do) speak for themselves on what you’re doing in this thread, and how it’s making engagement impossible and dragging down this and other threads. For me, it’s all of the shit in the blender, endlessly.

Please focus, and explain how “WMDs in Iraq” makes everyone else wrong, and you and Vlad and Don and Kim right, on what has happened and is happening in Ukraine.

What exactly is the “WMDs in Iraq” argument, as relating to Ukraine?
Considering what a deception the "WMDs in Iraq" rhetoric turned out to be, then why should dipshits who perpetrated it be trusted about anything subsequent?

If somebody told you they had some oceanfront property in Idaho they wanted to sell you, and you bought it, and you pack your shit and get up there and realize oh shit Idaho is landlocked, then they say oopie lol, but btw for real this time the oceanfront property I have for you is actually in Wyoming, would you start packing your shit again?

Cuz the way you sound right now is, yeah, you would start packing your shit again. Your friends try to say, I dunno fish maybe this oceanfront realtor dood is trying to pull another one on you, but you accuse them of flares and chaff, and very stubbornly keep packing, cuz this is all very simple.

and, no offense, but speaking of flailing - why did you dodge the questions about Taiwan and China?
I am beginning to think the only person who knows the actual argument you are trying to make is your summer camp girlfriend who lives in Canada and is totally real, but no we can’t see her.

“Bush lied about WMDs in Iraq” is evidence that supports (I would hope) a specific argument about Ukraine. Not a free-form jazz-blues odyssey of US foreign policy riffs.

A specific argument.

What, in one sentence, IS that argument?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

this thread was almost readable and productive for a chunk of time this morning. So much for that.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 1:38 pm You may answer at any time.
ousdahl wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:22 am

Considering what a deception the "WMDs in Iraq" rhetoric turned out to be, then why should dipshits who perpetrated it be trusted about anything subsequent?

If somebody told you they had some oceanfront property in Idaho they wanted to sell you, and you bought it, and you pack your shit and get up there and realize oh shit Idaho is landlocked, then they say oopie lol, but btw for real this time the oceanfront property I have for you is actually in Wyoming, would you start packing your shit again?

Cuz the way you sound right now is, yeah, you would start packing your shit again. Your friends try to say, I dunno fish maybe this oceanfront realtor dood is trying to pull another one on you, but you accuse them of flares and chaff, and very stubbornly keep packing, cuz this is all very simple.

and, no offense, but speaking of flailing - why did you dodge the questions about Taiwan and China?
I am beginning to think the only person who knows the actual argument you are trying to make is your summer camp girlfriend who lives in Canada and is totally real, but no we can’t see her.

“Bush lied about WMDs in Iraq” is evidence that supports (I would hope) a specific argument about Ukraine. Not a free-form jazz-blues odyssey of US foreign policy riffs.

A specific argument.

Already did!

And you played dumb like, “fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, well, there’s no sense in learning from history here.”
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Oh, and speaking of WW3…

Over a million Gazans may soon die of starvation, lots of fighting and various other saber rattling between Israel and Lebanon, China says they’re gonna kill people calling for Taiwanese independence, and a failed coup in Bolivia.

That last one is little surprise tho, cuz apparently since Bolivia became a country like 2 centuries ago they’ve averaged almost a coup a year.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

TDub wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 1:38 pm this thread was almost readable and productive for a chunk of time this morning. So much for that.
it’s obnoxious…and at this point, intentionally so
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 1:41 pm
jfish26 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 1:38 pm You may answer at any time.

A specific argument.

Already did!

And you played dumb like, “fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, well, there’s no sense in learning from history here.”
I honestly cannot tell, in your posts since these questions were asked, what sentence you would even LIKE me to consider as an answer.

So let's make it very simple.

The question is:

In one sentence, what exactly is the “WMDs in Iraq” argument, as relating to Ukraine?

Your one-sentence answer can follow here:
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

If the rhetoric about WMDs in Iraq turned out to be mistakes and lies and propaganda in hindsight, then future rhetoric from the exact same sources should be regarded with at least the possibility of skepticism.

I’ve said this all along. I’ve said it a lot of different ways. Even DC said it was the best part of the thread.

Now, since I so sportingly provided you an answer, and since I think it might actually be a new angle yet worth discussing, and since we’ve already discussed Putin’s prescribed propaganda, would you kindly answer this question for me:

What exactly would you consider to be the western propaganda being prescribed right now?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Haven't you said all of this enough times?

When will you be content with your stance? Because repeating yourself weekly (daily) is fucking annoying.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

lmao…apparently, the car that putin gifted kim was actually made with SK parts
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 7:28 am lmao…apparently, the car that putin gifted kim was actually made with SK parts
lol
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 6:29 pm If the rhetoric about WMDs in Iraq turned out to be mistakes and lies and propaganda in hindsight, then future rhetoric from the exact same sources should be regarded with at least the possibility of skepticism.

I’ve said this all along. I’ve said it a lot of different ways. Even DC said it was the best part of the thread.

Now, since I so sportingly provided you an answer, and since I think it might actually be a new angle yet worth discussing, and since we’ve already discussed Putin’s prescribed propaganda, would you kindly answer this question for me:

What exactly would you consider to be the western propaganda being prescribed right now?
What a croc. I'd think you'd have been embarrassed after my GW Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, et al post.

Thanks for reminding me why I so rarely engage with you.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Shirley wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 7:55 am
ousdahl wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 6:29 pm If the rhetoric about WMDs in Iraq turned out to be mistakes and lies and propaganda in hindsight, then future rhetoric from the exact same sources should be regarded with at least the possibility of skepticism.

What a croc. I'd think you'd have been embarrassed after my GW Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, et al post.

Thanks for reminding me why I so rarely engage with you.
Well I didn’t wanna engage you cuz I’d prefer to just try and get along with you, but since you’re gonna be condescending, let me at least tell you what I WAS gonna say.

My initial response was gonna be, “how’d Biden vote on Iraq?”

But I think the better question is, “what lessons did the United States learn from Iraq, and how have we applied those lessons to our contemporaneous conflicts?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

man, those goal posts sure have legs