Let’s have a war!

Ugh.
Overlander
Contributor

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by Overlander »

Ousdahl picked up the Illannoy torch when Illy decided to hang out for a bit.

Sad to see. I mean, I crashed a pop up Latino late night bar with Ousy. Sure, he seemed pretty out of his element, but there was no moral breakdown of who was the true oppressor afterwards.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Overlander wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 9:44 pm Ousdahl picked up the Illannoy torch when Illy decided to hang out for a bit.

Sad to see. I mean, I crashed a pop up Latino late night bar with Ousy. Sure, he seemed pretty out of his element, but there was no moral breakdown of who was the true oppressor afterwards.
hey now, how did I come up in that situation? is it me...it's me right? damn it.
Just Ledoux it
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

You wish.

Turned out, in this scenario, the Mexicans held the power.

Ousy was afraid Overlander was going to wind up face down in a potato field.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Overlander wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 10:48 pm You wish.

there are worse places to spend the night
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 8:08 am please refrain from personal attacks. No need to bring personal lives into this, and it's really not on topic within this thread.

Besides, we've got plenty to discuss within this thread that IS on topic.

There's the plan to get Palestinians to "register to live in fenced-off geographic islands located next to their neighborhoods and guarded by the Israeli military:"

https://www.wsj.com/world/middle-east/i ... e-bf36d1c9

There may or may not be historic precedent here, but I'm kind of afraid to ask.

There's also news of another attempted coup in Ukraine. Now, do you guys think it was a good guy coup or a bad guy coup?
Let me guess, you didn't bother to read the article? Or at least read the very next sentence?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 6:11 am
ousdahl wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 8:08 am please refrain from personal attacks. No need to bring personal lives into this, and it's really not on topic within this thread.

Besides, we've got plenty to discuss within this thread that IS on topic.

There's the plan to get Palestinians to "register to live in fenced-off geographic islands located next to their neighborhoods and guarded by the Israeli military:"

https://www.wsj.com/world/middle-east/i ... e-bf36d1c9

There may or may not be historic precedent here, but I'm kind of afraid to ask.

There's also news of another attempted coup in Ukraine. Now, do you guys think it was a good guy coup or a bad guy coup?
Let me guess, you didn't bother to read the article? Or at least read the very next sentence?
He was too excited to run here and post it.

Also, Q doesn't strike me as a guy with a WSJ subscription.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

It’s a message board, yada yada. But god damn, the imminent capture of our government by Putin sure puts all of this past-sins pantswetting in perspective.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

has there been a time in our history when we were closer to both a civil war and a world War at the same time?

playing right into the Putin Xi plan....
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

TDub wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:31 am has there been a time in our history when we were closer to both a civil war and a world War at the same time?

It is here I will generally note that the boomers' parents are probably not, up in valhalla, saying very good things about their kids.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

TDub wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:31 am has there been a time in our history when we were closer to both a civil war and a world War at the same time?

and the old uncle that you want 4 more years. is sitting in our bigboy chair.

4 more years.

can the world handle 4 more years.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:41 am

and the old uncle that you want 4 more years. is sitting in our bigboy chair.

4 more years.

can the world handle 4 more years.
maybe, maybe not.

But, I am certain it cannot withstand 4 more years of Trump.
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

If we have decided that Presidents have unlimited power in some areas, and effectively unlimited power in others (so long as the Court likes them), I would think that a vegetable President (that the Court doesn't like) isn't as dangerous as a great many alternatives.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

The Kremlin said any peace plan proposed by a possible future Trump administration would have to reflect the reality on the ground but that Russian President Vladimir Putin remained open to talks.

"The value of any plan lies in the nuances and in taking into account the real state of affairs on the ground," Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told Reuters.

"President Putin has repeatedly said that Russia has been and remains open to negotiations, taking into account the real state of affairs on the ground," he said.

Ukrainian presidential adviser Mykhailo Podolyak said on Tuesday that freezing hostilities at the prevailing front lines would be "strange," given Russia had violated international law by invading Ukraine.
Maybe it's just that Western propaganda I so pliantly lap up, but it feels to me like "give the aggressor what it's already taken by force" is not peace.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 3:36 pm
The Kremlin said any peace plan proposed by a possible future Trump administration would have to reflect the reality on the ground but that Russian President Vladimir Putin remained open to talks.

"The value of any plan lies in the nuances and in taking into account the real state of affairs on the ground," Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told Reuters.

"President Putin has repeatedly said that Russia has been and remains open to negotiations, taking into account the real state of affairs on the ground," he said.

Ukrainian presidential adviser Mykhailo Podolyak said on Tuesday that freezing hostilities at the prevailing front lines would be "strange," given Russia had violated international law by invading Ukraine.
Maybe it's just that Western propaganda I so pliantly lap up, but it feels to me like "give the aggressor what it's already taken by force" is not peace.
cuz it worked so well 10 years ago
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 4:49 pm

cuz it worked so well 10 years ago
Now now, I have been led to believe that Putin would be afraid to attack Ukraine if Trump is back in the big chair, or something.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

TDub wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:00 pm
Overlander wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 10:48 pm You wish.

there are worse places to spend the night
Only when you enter into play the dozens of perforations it would take to get me there.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

cuz it worked so well 80 years ago
You're welcome
Defense. Rebounds.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:03 pm

cuz it worked so well 80 years ago
You're welcome
yes, absolutely

though, that might be a bridge to far for some