Ugh.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: 2024

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

259 pages in to this thread, today's date is 10/08/24, and all I have to say is......
Harris absolutely sucks (and Walz sucks too) and Trump absolutely sucks (and Vance sucks too).
Our country is FUCKED!
On that note, have a nice rest of your day.
randylahey wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:33 pm
Rainbows I'm sorry you have nothing better to do than to go digging stuff up on a message board.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Well thanks Gutter. Holding back as usual
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Sparko wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2024 6:16 pm Well thanks Gutter. Holding back as usual
Hey, I would love for someone to convince me I'm wrong.
My worthless take.... Approximately 25% of those who will vote for Trump, a major reason why they will vote for him is because he's not Harris. Approximately 25% of those who will vote for Harris, a major reason why they will vote for her is because she's not Trump.
The other 50%, are dildos. How can anyone possibly like either candidate? They both are horrendous.
Rainbows I'm sorry you have nothing better to do than to go digging stuff up on a message board.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2024 6:29 pm
Sparko wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2024 6:16 pm Well thanks Gutter. Holding back as usual
Hey, I would love for someone to convince me I'm wrong.
My worthless take.... Approximately 25% of those who will vote for Trump, a major reason why they will vote for him is because he's not Harris. Approximately 25% of those who will vote for Harris, a major reason why they will vote for her is because she's not Trump.
The other 50%, are dildos. How can anyone possibly like either candidate? They both are horrendous.
Might be the most I've agreed with one of your views in awhile
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2024 6:09 pm 259 pages in to this thread, today's date is 10/08/24, and all I have to say is......
Harris absolutely sucks (and Walz sucks too) and Trump absolutely sucks (and Vance sucks too).
Our country is FUCKED!
We went over this several tens of pages ago. No matter who the nominee is one subset of the population is going to bellyache. They will never be satisfied. Show me one person who you think “doesn’t suck” and I’ll show you twenty people who will say that that person “sucks”. There’s no satisfying some people.

Have a nice day.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

word
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

zsn wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2024 7:00 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2024 6:09 pm 259 pages in to this thread, today's date is 10/08/24, and all I have to say is......
Our country is FUCKED!
We went over this several tens of pages ago. No matter who the nominee is one subset of the population is going to bellyache. They will never be satisfied. Show me one person who you think “doesn’t suck” and I’ll show you twenty people who will say that that person “sucks”. There’s no satisfying some people.

Have a nice day.
What I may or may not have gone over several tens pages ago is that this single subset of the population is bellyaching because BOTH candidates truly suck. If anyone is enamored with either one of them, my message is.... You're crazier than I am - and I'm bat shit fricking crazy. That, and have a nice day.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i don’t think Harris is as bad as you seem to be insinuating

she isn’t perfect, but who is? she seems more than competent enough to get the job done. most importantly, imo, is that she’ll put the right people around her to help get the job done (not just yes-men)

she also may very well have the opportunity to fill a SCOTUS seat (if not two). allowing trump to put two more uber conservative judges on the court will hamstring this country for a generation
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Gutter has a lifetime of self sabotage. He needs to recognize this is part 10000000 and stop. We all want him to be happy.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

KUTradition wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2024 8:55 pm i don’t think Harris is as bad as you seem to be insinuating

she isn’t perfect, but who is? she seems more than competent enough to get the job done. most importantly, imo, is that she’ll put the right people around her to help get the job done (not just yes-men)

she also may very well have the opportunity to fill a SCOTUS seat (if not two). allowing trump to put two more uber conservative judges on the court will hamstring this country for a generation
Thank you!!!!!!! I truly appreciate the effort!

I feel/think/believe Harris is bad. Is she as bad as I am making her out to be? All depends on how someone is interpreting me. Also, I have a big range of "bad" in regard/s to her. One moment I think to myself, ah - she's not so terrible. Another moment I think to myself - she's God fucking awful.

"No one is perfect".
BINGO!
That we definitely agree on.

I can honestly say I don't know if I feel/think/believe she is (or even seems to be) "more than competent enough to get the job done".
Someone else could counter that by saying Trump has already proven he was competent to get the job done. I might/could/would argue he proved he was incompetent at times but truth be told, one person running for office has served in that role and one person has not.
Or, someone could support that by saying old balls brain dead Joey sits comatose on a beach chair looking at the ocean and thinking he's watching It's a Wonderful Life and he's still "competent" enough to be serving in the role despite the Dems feeling he's not competent enough to serve another four years.
I admit, it's all a bit mind boggling to me.

Which brings us to.......
"she’ll put the right people around her to help get the job done".
BINGO!!!! Same exact reason why I was hesitant to vote for Obama in 2008 but convinced myself to vote for him.
THAT is why if I do vote, it would be a major reason why I will have less of an issue voting for Kamala than I would have voting for Trump.

"she also may very well have the opportunity to fill a SCOTUS seat (if not two)"
BINGO! But..... I am not a fan of Supreme Court justices being Presidential puppets. Regardless, what happens if we have a majority Republican House and Senate? Wouldn't that make that more difficult for her to fill the seat with a "liberal"?
Last edited by RainbowsandUnicorns on Wed Oct 09, 2024 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Sparko wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2024 11:13 pm Gutter has a lifetime of self sabotage. He needs to recognize this is part 10000000 and stop. We all want him to be happy.
I appreciate people wanting me to be happy!
I'll stop when I stop living in a world of insanity. Which I'm not counting on happening any time too soon.
Ok, since I can't change the world, I can change my world so I do stop when I go for a bike ride, or read a book, or go to a sporting event or concert, or go to a museum, or travel, or.......
I don't stop when I come on here and read a lot of shit on the "Poli-Bored". ;)

Back to 2024.....
I admit my ignorance. I believe there are 7 swing states (per se) give or take one or two. I haven't taken the time to research what ifs. What I have taken the time to think about is after ALL the votes are counted, if the loser has won more states and more popular votes, the system is broken. Agree or disagree?
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 6:08 am What I have taken the time to think about is after ALL the votes are counted, if the loser has won more states and more popular votes, the system is broken. Agree or disagree?
Agree. Maybe not more states but definitely more votes. A Republican has not won the popular vote since 1988 except once (in 2004), yet have had the Presidency for 12 years and appointed 5 Supreme Court justices. If that’s not the sign of an F-ed system (broken is but a euphemism) I don’t know what is.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

zsn wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 8:04 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 6:08 am What I have taken the time to think about is after ALL the votes are counted, if the loser has won more states and more popular votes, the system is broken. Agree or disagree?
Agree. Maybe not more states but definitely more votes. A Republican has not won the popular vote since 1988 except once (in 2004), yet have had the Presidency for 12 years and appointed 5 Supreme Court justices. If that’s not the sign of an F-ed system (broken is but a euphemism) I don’t know what is.
but, but, but…Harris didn’t go through a primary!!!!!
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Today's edition of Gutter's God Bless America......

Sorry, while this country is great in many ways, I am reminded that this exists, and is a substantial part of the American culture. As American's were are all NOT on the same team.

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Preparing to renew a passport for my youngest, and dealing with all of the paperwork that comes with having a second parent who won’t be at the application site (and who has a different legal name than what’s on the kiddo’s birth certificate).

This process is exactly why voter ID laws are suppressive - governmental agencies can make both the paperwork and the process as byzantine and impossible as they’d like. It’s a pain in the ass for MY family, and we have a fairly normal profile (to say nothing of having official records on hand, English as a native language, access to a printer/scanner/copier and job flexibility that lets me do this during post office hours).
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 7:36 am
More time to create fake ballots and try to steal the election. Not happening again.

Get out of the way or get run over.
“I wouldn’t sleep with your wife because she would fall in love and your black little heart would be crushed again. And 100% I could beat your ass.” - Overlander
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

JKLivin wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 10:12 am
jfish26 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 7:36 am
More time to create fake ballots and try to steal the election. Not happening again.

Get out of the way or get run over.
Let’s bookmark this sentiment, then, for when Trump loses North Carolina and claims that his loss was due to the Harris Regime’s response to Helene.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Hurricane is not an excuse to change voting rules making it easier to cheat lol. That's what they voted against
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 10:28 am Hurricane is not an excuse to change voting rules making it easier to cheat lol. That's what they voted against
Did I stutter?

Let’s bookmark this sentiment, then, for when Trump loses North Carolina and claims that his loss was due to the Harris Regime’s response to Helene.