Transfer portal 2022

Kansas Basketball.
MICHHAWK

Re: Transfer portal 2022

Post by MICHHAWK »

the kids services are now open to the highest bidder.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

the moral to the story is...don't get attached to the name on the back of the jersey.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

twocoach wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:08 am
ISU fans are claiming that Hunter is insisting on a huge NIL deal wherever he ends up but none of them have any actual proof that this demand exists. I assume that it is just spurned ex-girlfriend caliber hurt feelings but has anyone heard anything about Hunter looking for a big NIL package as part of his transfer?
That's against the rules. Sounds like an easy way to get caught because whatever schools you don't choose will be able to turn you in.

These deals aren't like adidas/nike bag men handing over cash in the shadows. There are contracts and paper trails for both parties involved in the NIL deals.

I am not naive enough to believe the school choices aren't tied to NIL opportunities being available, but I do not think they are negotiating ahead of time in that manner. Especially not the big $$$ NIL agreements. It wouldn't make sense for either party because it wouldn't be an enforceable contract at that point.
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:09 am Just taking a look at Hunter's top 6 schools, I absolutely think NIL is on his mind in some capacity.
As it should be.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:27 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:09 am Just taking a look at Hunter's top 6 schools, I absolutely think NIL is on his mind in some capacity.
As it should be.
Of course. Transfer or not, should be on every player's mind.

The grumbling about free agency is over the top. NIL is not creating the haves vs. have nots.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"That's against the rules. Sounds like an easy way to get caught because whatever schools you don't choose will be able to turn you in."

What?
Why would they do something stupid like that and ruin any future chances at landing a recruit by paying them ( oops i mean just connecting them with a brand that for sure is profiting off their well known publicity LOL )? And then also possibly incriminating themselves.

If I had to cover up a crime, Illy might be the last person i'd want there.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

It is over the top for you.
For others, it is not.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:33 am It is over the top for you.
For others, it is not.
It's going to take some time for the market to settle. I have no idea if we're seeing early-adopter discounts, or premiums.

I know many will stamp their feet and insist this cannot possibly be true, but: in five years, NIL is going to be background noise, not any more meaningful to fans than fancy dorms or locker rooms, or chartered flights, or boondoggle road trips. NIL will just be part of the fabric, and everything will be ok.
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:31 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:27 am
As it should be.
Of course. Transfer or not, should be on every player's mind.

The grumbling about free agency is over the top. NIL is not creating the haves vs. have nots.
Using Pack as an example....NIL aside, he is upgrading coaches schools fanbases teammates facilities and probably a handful of other things. Miami is just a flat out better program to be at the KState.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:39 amin five years, NIL is going to be background noise, not any more meaningful to fans than fancy dorms or locker rooms, or chartered flights, or boondoggle road trips. NIL will just be part of the fabric, and everything will be ok.
As much as I believe NIL is the just and fair rule and needs to be here to stay, I don't particularly care about any kind of rankings of which players are earning the most and where. That part is not interesting to me.

I do want KU to be good at it and provide good resources for my own fandom's sake, but that doesn't necessarily mean KU needs to help find the players the most money.

It's just really not that much different than it has always been. Nearly everyone is always a free agent and that also goes way beyond college sports. Bill's been here a long time and most years we have seen transfers in and/or out.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

and in 5 years the kids will not be required to be enrolled in classes while they are playing.

and in 5 years the kids will be able to transfer without penalty multiple times.

and in 5 years the kids will get 12 years to play 10.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:39 am
pdub wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:33 am It is over the top for you.
For others, it is not.
It's going to take some time for the market to settle. I have no idea if we're seeing early-adopter discounts, or premiums.

I know many will stamp their feet and insist this cannot possibly be true, but: in five years, NIL is going to be background noise, not any more meaningful to fans than fancy dorms or locker rooms, or chartered flights, or boondoggle road trips. NIL will just be part of the fabric, and everything will be ok.
No dude.
It won't.

Or rather, yes, everything on the scale of what is important will be ok, but in this particular specific instance, it will not, for many fans.

It will be ok for you.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:44 am and in 5 years the kids will not be required to be enrolled in classes while they are playing.

and in 5 years the kids will be able to transfer without penalty multiple times.

and in 5 years the kids will get 12 years to play 10.
Can you calculate how many acres it took to make this many strawmen?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Problem right now is it pays better to transfer than to stay put for most players...
Which again is the same thing happening with all employees rn
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

It's like if the NFL completely removed the salary cap, no luxury tax, just spend as much as you want.
I would not like that for being the fan of the team that I am.
It's a reason why I don't like MLB.

Some fans come out and say, "i'm going to like this product less. I may stop caring about it as much."

And, to justify what is noble and right and ethical, JFish comes driving in his luxury SUV, rolls down the window, and tells those fans how they should really feel.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Mjl wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:51 am Problem right now is it pays better to transfer than to stay put for most players...
Right.

And, as always, the NCAA is way too light on tampering.

All of this stuff does need to be fine-tuned.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:53 am
Mjl wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:51 am Problem right now is it pays better to transfer than to stay put for most players...
Right.

And, as always, the NCAA is way too light on tampering.

All of this stuff does need to be fine-tuned.
lol.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"We don't like this, whatever this is."
JFish: "Get over it. You'll like it. And if you don't like it, it's a you problem."

What? Why?
And to be honest, kind of fuck right off.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

this is gonna be the best of all the worlds. no rules. no salary cap. no rules. the wild wild west.

the kids are going to be able to retire from college(tee hee) athletics.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I thinks its high Larry ious that the same people saying "this always happened, the rules were always broken" are the same ones now saying "well no, NIL doesn't work like that, thats against the rules, thats not happening. Nope, thats not legal or allowed"
Just Ledoux it