Chiefs 2023

Kansas Football.
twocoach

Re: Chiefs 2023

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:49 am and i’m sure the swift effect is adding juice to any anti-Chiefs feelings
That's probably added more KC fans than people cheering against them. But many like me are probably already sick of hearing/seeing it.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

japhy wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:13 am That game was painful to watch. I should have turned it off at the end of the first quarter and read about it on line today.
I got so frustrated that I went to bed after Mahomes threw an INT on the first series of the second half. It was just brain-dead football on offense and defense. No reason for it.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

twocoach wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:45 am
pdub wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:32 am Also, Collinsworth clearly wanted the Jets to win last night.
His bias was slobbering all over Zach Wilson's knob.
Can I say knob?

Complaining about the clear hold, shown on replay twice to confirm it was a hold, because they were letting them ( Jets cornerbacks ) get away with that all night? Take a breath Collinsworth.
Collinsworth is awful. Some of the shit he says during a game is so absurd. "I hate to say it but this is the play". It was not even halftime. He wants to be Tony Romo so bad but now even Tony Romo sucks at being Tony Romo.

That said, all announcers pander to the underdog. There are more people watching cheering against the favorite than for the favorite. See every KU hoops broadcast of the last 20 years.
Bingo.
Type in Chris Collinsworth on Twitter/X
A lot of people complaining he was riding Mahomes dick last night. As he should when people are watching one of the best to have ever played the game. Kind of nice he noticed there was another QB on the field.
That's what he does - hypes ups players and tries to increase the magnitude of the moment/s.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

JKLivin wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:45 am
japhy wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:13 am That game was painful to watch. I should have turned it off at the end of the first quarter and read about it on line today.
I got so frustrated that I went to bed after Mahomes threw an INT on the first series of the second half. It was just brain-dead football on offense and defense. No reason for it.
I get it, players are going to have off games. I have to give Mahomes credit. Once he seemed to understand that he didn't have his A game going, he tucked the ball and used his legs to make some big plays. He does whatever it takes to win.

We should keep him and give him a chance to redeem himself.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

japhy wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:34 am
JKLivin wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:45 am
I get it, players are going to have off games. I have to give Mahomes credit. Once he seemed to understand that he didn't have his A game going, he tucked the ball and used his legs to make some big plays. He does whatever it takes to win.

We should keep him and give him a chance to redeem himself.
I'm not advocating getting rid of Mahomes. I do think we need to check the free agent market for one or more receivers who can get some separation. Teams are sagging off on Kelce because they know Skyy Moore and the rest of them can't catch a cold.
Imagine a life so devoid of accomplishments that you feel the need to lie about working at McDonald’s.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Rice has some potential.
Skyy Moore not so much.
MVS is overpaid.

Kill for some Jakobi Meyers right about now.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Next someone will say we missed badly on CEH.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I wanted Swift.
Or Trevon Diggs.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Why pass up an undersized slower RB who misses holes and cannot block? Would have been a tragedy.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I didn't pay that much attention to the preseason. What a day.

The Entire chiefs QB room went Crazy vs Cardinals
Derek Cressman
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think that our version or Prince Harry and Megan is actually Kelce and Swift.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

I see Reid is telling the KC media that they are not looking for another WR and “don’t need” one. Not sure what games he’s watching, but I have no confidence in Moore and Toney, and until they have at least one legitimate threat out there, Kelce is going to continue to struggle to get open.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

pdub wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:11 pm I think that our version or Prince Harry and Megan is actually Kelce and Swift.
After Megan wins the senate seat in California left vacant by Diane Feinstein's death, does that mean Taylor will then have to run for office, too?
Derek Cressman
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

President Swift
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Mahomes has been not throwing when guys are open again. That is either confidence in them issues or he is staring down one guy. It is a mixture I think with the interceptions.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Sparko wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:51 am Mahomes has been not throwing when guys are open again. That is either confidence in them issues or he is staring down one guy. It is a mixture I think with the interceptions.
When half of your options have stone hands, it’s not hard to understand.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I also don’t agree that his guys are open.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/platform ... g-problems
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

There is truth to that; but they have also isolated Skyy and Rice running free several times. Kelce is being bracketed because teams are okay in single coverage against everyone but Watson.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The truth of the matter is there are probably 40 WRs better in the NFL than our best…who I guess would be Toney?

Rice might end up being the best of this bunch but it’s too early this season for him to make a huge impact.

Imagine we had lucked out on Nacua.