Sports Gambling

You Love It.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Sports Gambling

Post by KUTradition »

Molly Mcgee’s were phenomenal
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I loved me some Molly Mcgee's in college.
5 dollar burger plate night.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I’m not doing futures anymore. Sticks in my craw that I have one $100 payout future that’s gonna hit (Paul George playing for the 76ers) and another that is getting better by the day (Bobby MVP). I am aware that you can sell these things, but that’s not a level of this degenerateness that I’m ready to do.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Jeeper owes me $31.
10th race at Parx (just NE of Philly). #6 Horse. Name is Jeeper. Rand about as well as Jeeper on here would have run. Fucking horse may finish the race next week.
Ok, in the horse's defense, it was a piss poor ride by the Jockey. Got boxed in. If you had the 10 horse to win at 70-1 odds. Congrats! You won a BIG chicken dinner. Paid $149.80 on a $2 win bet.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Thanks Chiefs!
Thanks Pacheco!
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Around 6:00pm I didn't realize I had $25 in my FanDuel account.
Thanks Chiefs! Now I have $29.76. ;)
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I sure hope DK brings back the weekly NFL 3 leg parlay, loose 1 leg and get money back.
I doubt it though - offers get worse and worse ( and it makes sense ) as time goes on.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Been a while since I wagered on the ponies.
Nice start to the day.
Might be hard to see. Bet a 50 cent pick 3. Cost me $24. Got back $184.95

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Thanks San Fran!
( I knew Rodgers was gonna blow it )
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Chicken dinner.....

Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Everyone knows I like to gamble so, no value judgements being made, just thought this was interesting, and imo, not unexpected.

Sports betting is bad for America’s financial health. New data shows it.

Lower credit scores, more bankruptcies come from our online betting obsession.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

“Together, these results indicate that the ease of access to sports gambling is harming consumer financial health by increasing their level of debt,” the study’s authors wrote. “While many states may have opted for legalization with the hope of increasing tax revenue, the negative effect we document can partially offset tax revenue benefits as more consumers’ financial health deteriorates.”

No doubt.
It's an addiction for many.

Me personally I have been only betting more than 5 dollars when the books are offering good deals and often I use deals on both sides to hedge so that I cannot actually loose on the bet.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Right on cue!
Asshole/idiot me was too busy posting 5 questions and responding to JK that it cost me a $535 W.
Thought I had time to place my superfecta wager for the 4th race at Scottsville in South Africa. Went to place it, race was already over.
I'm just as "addicted" to this place as I am to betting on horses - so the moral of the story is what?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 7:40 am Right on cue!
Asshole/idiot me was too busy posting 5 questions and responding to JK that it cost me a $535 W.
Thought I had time to place my superfecta wager for the 4th race at Scottsville in South Africa. Went to place it, race was already over.
I'm just as "addicted" to this place as I am to betting on horses - so the moral of the story is what?
Don’t give Psych so much of your band width?
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Overlander wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 4:04 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 7:40 am Right on cue!
Don’t give Psych so much of your band width?
Bingo
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

From the comments to the article, excellent point:

The headline is missing a critical letter - "n". The article documents the impact on "Americans'" financial health, not "America's". It's the enormous difference between microeconomics and macroeconomics. There was no evidence presented that this problem is impacting the American economy overall, aka "America's" financial health. The distinction is important because in this case, for every loser, there's a winner, which creates conflicting incentives to solve the problem.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman