Ugh.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: 2024

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I'm going to tell you kids what makes me laugh - and isn't funny at all.
Most of you hate (or at least very much dislike) Trump. You rip on him on here. You say our country is fucked if he gets elected.
Meanwhile, what if anything are you doing to help get Giggles elected - and/or Trump not elected? Other than your circle jerk on here.
Giggles loses and Trump wins, maybe one or two of you will say - Gee, Gutter may have had a decent point. Nah, who am I kidding?

I'll add that so many people in this country are also ignoring the fact that the House and Senate races are huge. My guess is if there is a Senate election in their own state, over 20% of the people voting on November 5th can't name the people running for Senator - and 70%+ can't name the candidates in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Arizona, Texas, etc.
randylahey wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:33 pm
Rainbows I'm sorry you have nothing better to do than to go digging stuff up on a message board.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

defixione wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 6:26 am Music calms agitated dementia patients.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Watching that clip felt like the Donny and Kristi Variety Hour.
“By way of contrast, I'm not the one who feels the need to respond to every post someone else makes”
Psych- Every Single Time
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Overlander wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 7:29 am Watching that clip felt like the Donny and Kristi Variety Hour.
If I understand it, though, it would be disenfranchisement were the Rs to get the goddamn net and fish this flailing, the-lights-are-dimly-on-but-nobody’s-home candidate out of the deep end of the kiddie pool in which he is drowning.

If Thiel’s, I mean Musk’s, I mean Vance’s plan really is to go all 25th on us…well this video will probably be in the file.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

The volume of alarming, disconcerting, disqualifying things that Trump has said and done just in the last week is insane.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 7:56 am The volume of alarming, disconcerting, disqualifying things that Trump has said and done just in the last week is insane.
Probably the worst part of all of this is that there is a very real chance that, within the electoral framework that we all know exists, this is the future we as a people may well in three weeks choose.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 8:00 am
twocoach wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 7:56 am The volume of alarming, disconcerting, disqualifying things that Trump has said and done just in the last week is insane.
Probably the worst part of all of this is that there is a very real chance that, within the electoral framework that we all know exists, this is the future we as a people may well in three weeks choose.
People think Biden looked lost and confused during the debate? What the fuck do we call it when Trump hosts a town hall, answers only 5 questions and then stand in awkward silence swaying to weird music for more than 20 minutes before being led offstage? The dude is cooked and his supporters just do not care. It's completely insane. Such fucking hypocrites. They do not give a fuck about this country at all. They just want the team they cheer for to win.

Fucking MAGA assholes.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 8:58 am
People think Biden looked lost and confused during the debate? What the fuck do we call it when Trump hosts a town hall, answers only 5 questions and then stand in awkward silence swaying to weird music for more than 20 minutes before being led offstage? The dude is cooked and his supporters just do not care. It's completely insane. Such fucking hypocrites. They do not give a fuck about this country at all. They just want the team they cheer for to win.

Fucking MAGA assholes.
There is no question whatsoever that the standards are not remotely similar. And that is probably generous: Trump's supporters seem to hold him to no standards at all.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 9:03 am
twocoach wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 8:58 am

Fucking MAGA assholes.
There is no question whatsoever that the standards are not remotely similar. And that is probably generous: Trump's supporters seem to hold him to no standards at all.
Or because he holds himself to no standards, they therefore hold themselves to no standards; once you adopt him as your personal lord and savior.

Nero is an angler in the lake of darkness
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

no standards = rampant lies…just like our local trumpers
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Stand for nothing, fall for anything.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I love Politics Girl:

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Shirley wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 11:07 am I love Politics Girl:

It feels like what is happening, I hope she's right.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Pretty good chance Trump wins the Electoral.
“By way of contrast, I'm not the one who feels the need to respond to every post someone else makes”
Psych- Every Single Time
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Barring another stolen election, Trump will win. Deal with it. And prepare for a much better country.
“You know what that makes me? It makes me a Comanche."
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 6:50 am I'm going to tell you kids what makes me laugh - and isn't funny at all.
Most of you hate (or at least very much dislike) Trump. You rip on him on here. You say our country is fucked if he gets elected.
Meanwhile, what if anything are you doing to help get Giggles elected - and/or Trump not elected? Other than your circle jerk on here.
Giggles loses and Trump wins, maybe one or two of you will say - Gee, Gutter may have had a decent point. Nah, who am I kidding?

I'll add that so many people in this country are also ignoring the fact that the House and Senate races are huge. My guess is if there is a Senate election in their own state, over 20% of the people voting on November 5th can't name the people running for Senator - and 70%+ can't name the candidates in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Arizona, Texas, etc.
Projecting much?
Listen, this is a basketball message board. This is not a PAC strategy room.
You don't know how many meetings or dollars or doors etc. that the rest of us are expending.
If your post was supposed to be a rousing call to action, you did not give or link to a single actionable item to make the first step as simple as possible for people.
btw, if they are on social media, someone has put a swing-state senator's ad in front of them because it would help the party up and down the ballot.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

JKLivin wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 11:35 am Barring another stolen election, Trump will win. Deal with it. And prepare for a much better country.
Nobody is stealing elections.
Psych- Every Single Time
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Overlander wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 11:32 am Pretty good chance Trump wins the Electoral.
I think it's well below 50%.

Fully recognize this could be little more than confirmation bias at work, but I keep coming back to (1) Trump needing to IMPROVE on his 2020 showing, (2) Dems consistently outperforming polling post-Dobbs, (3) "likely voter" polling samples missing what I suspect are disproportionately-D voters, and (4) Trump winning only 3/4 of the votes in his primary; if even just a meaningful chunk of Haley voters break for Harris (or even simply stay home), that's probably the ballgame.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Overlander wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 11:52 am
JKLivin wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 11:35 am Barring another stolen election, Trump will win. Deal with it. And prepare for a much better country.
Nobody is stealing elections.
I mean, his side tried and came damn close. Which is why his side changed its VP.