Post by Sparko »

I think the Long firing was rock bottom. The Royals are going to make smile
CrimsonNBlue

Re: Royals

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

It was always level of pitching. Now he’s doing this against Urias who is a solid damn pitcher. It’s going to be hard to keep Witt down.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Also drew a 12 pitch walk.

I am thinking we see him.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Former Royals.com beat writer.

Swoon.

https://twitter.com/flannymlb/status/13 ... 99843?s=21
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

He is steady and solid. Watched the game last night just to see him. He draws fans. Hits. Fields. All class.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

https://www.mlb.com/news/royals-open-mi ... aking-team

So, it’s happening. No way you toss the possibility out there (to your captive beat writer, in these circumstances) if you had any serious intentions left of leaving him down.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Seattle is kryptonite though. Yow. Winning streak gonzo 13-0.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:15 am https://www.mlb.com/news/royals-open-mi ... aking-team

So, it’s happening. No way you toss the possibility out there (to your captive beat writer, in these circumstances) if you had any serious intentions left of leaving him down.
So I’m completely sold that the opening day 2B will be Witt with Lopez as utility.

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:49 am
jfish26 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:15 am https://www.mlb.com/news/royals-open-mi ... aking-team

So I’m completely sold that the opening day 2B will be Witt with Lopez as utility.
Seems to be the way the wind is blowing. And, certainly, if you bring him up, you're playing him.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I can't remember being so ready for games at Kauffman and Children's Mercy.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

He’s been too good to not play him. He’s shredding pitching. Bout had himself another dinger last night.

Deleted User 865

Post by Deleted User 865 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:02 am He’s been too good to not play him. He’s shredding pitching. Bout had himself another dinger last night.
Eh, I think I would rather see him hit well in AAA ball in 2021 and have an extra year of him when he has it figured out rather than see him struggle with Big League ball in June after having a decent first 50 games.

That said, I'm super stoked about his future. I just don't need to rush him to the K just because of the hype.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

vega wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:06 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:02 am He’s been too good to not play him. He’s shredding pitching. Bout had himself another dinger last night.
Eh, I think I would rather see him hit well in AAA ball in 2021 and have an extra year of him when he has it figured out rather than see him struggle with Big League ball in June after having a decent first 50 games.

That said, I'm super stoked about his future. I just don't need to rush him to the K just because of the hype.
AA* ball.

And I think you have the consensus feeling until he basically showed every hitting skill, including drawing walks in Spring Training. I think the Roys are going to do what's best for him, and the fact that they seem so willing to bring him up right now makes me think that they think he is ready.

It does seem risky, but not as much as it did a month ago.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:08 am
vega wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:06 am

AA* ball.

And I think you have the consensus feeling until he basically showed every hitting skill, including drawing walks in Spring Training. I think the Roys are going to do what's best for him, and the fact that they seem so willing to bring him up right now makes me think that they think he is ready.

It does seem risky, but not as much as it did a month ago.
I would bet 1,000 KCrim points that, were the minor league season starting on time, there wouldn't really be a question here. However, since it's not (and given the events of last year) - do you really want to put him in extended spring training until May?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

True, if I am not mistaken, there are a lot of minor leaguers that took a step back last year because of not playing.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:29 am True, if I am not mistaken, there are a lot of minor leaguers that took a step back last year because of not playing.
We won't really know until some time this summer, I'd think.
Deleted User 865

Post by Deleted User 865 »

Wait, I’m confused, did the minor league schedule get delayed? If so, that makes a little more sense why to put him on the opening day 25. But still seems like a risky proposition unless you think Royals are a contender in 2021, and they have the need.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

If you start him up in 2021, then I think you are saying you are a contender in 2021 and better act like that.

There's a new sheriff in town.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

vega wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:43 am Wait, I’m confused, did the minor league schedule get delayed? If so, that makes a little more sense why to put him on the opening day 25. But still seems like a risky proposition unless you think Royals are a contender in 2021, and they have the need.
Yes, minor leagues don't start until early May.

I understand where you're coming from on the service time point, but that's a game that Moore is pretty adamant about not wanting to play.