Facebook, Google, et al

Coffee talk.
randylahey

Re: Facebook, Google, et al

Post by randylahey »

KUtradition. Do something simple as Googling it. You'll find dozens and dozens of articles dating back to may when musk first began talks of buying Twitter. Thats how threatened liberals are by the idea of free speech. Obama, Clinton, soros backee organizations were already talking about boycotting it long before he even bought it
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

something tells me elon musk don't care.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:10 pm run on tin-foil, aisle 9
Get some for your buddies having a liberal meltdown over Twitter. Everyone who isn't an extreme leftist seems to think its a good thing
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

lefty's, extreme or not extreme. really only exist on the social medias. i don't know one real life liberal in real life. they don't exist.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:23 pm lefty's, extreme or not extreme. really only exist on the social medias. i don't know one real life liberal in real life. they don't exist.
They do. They are just scared to voice their opinions without the safety of a screen to hide behind
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

blubber yapping internet liberals grow on trees. but in real life. not so much.
StayCurious

Post by StayCurious »

It's funny how they loved Musk when he was tweeting meme stocks and making people money. But now, he's the "Bad guy" because he is pushing for free speech. Actually, if Twitter dies forever, I won't mind at all. It's brought society nothing but problems.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

If Musk is about Truth and Fairness he will institute a Capcha like test with the question “Who won the 2020 US Presidential Election?” to be allowed on the platform. Doesn’t get any simpler, does it?!!
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Elon musk is one of the most innovative people on the planet. Look at his companies and the global problems he's dedicating his life to tackling. Electric vehicles, renewable energies, you'd think the liberals would absolutely love him. They used to. But all it took was him speaking up for free speech and suddenly he is public enemy #1
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

liberals only love what they can control.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

StayCurious

Post by StayCurious »

Many are kicking, but nothing is likely hitting his balls. He's probably laughing about it all.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

StayCurious wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:35 pm Many are kicking, but nothing is likely hitting his balls. He's probably laughing about it all.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

randylahey wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:54 pm Elon musk is one of the most innovative people on the planet. Look at his companies and the global problems he's dedicating his life to tackling. Electric vehicles, renewable energies, you'd think the liberals would absolutely love him. They used to. But all it took was him speaking up for free speech and suddenly he is public enemy #1
This is among the biggest bunch of crock peddled here. Brilliant people who have made the greatest contributions to human advancement have been scoundrels and bigots of the first order. Two names come immediately to mind: William Shockley (co-inventor of the transistor and integrated circuits; cofounder of the company that would become Intel) and Fritz Haber (father of synthetic fertilizers) were known eugenists. Both were Nobel laureates.

One could argue that much technological innovation occurred in support of the Third Reich, in Nazi Germany (eg. synthetic rubber). I loves me some great technical innovation but I’m also mature enough to separate the person from the product.

Btw, I know many Tesla employees: they don’t have a very favorable opinion of Musk. The company is successful in spite of him. More brilliant minds have left the company than are part of it.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

zsn wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:54 pm
randylahey wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:54 pm Elon musk is one of the most innovative people on the planet. Look at his companies and the global problems he's dedicating his life to tackling. Electric vehicles, renewable energies, you'd think the liberals would absolutely love him. They used to. But all it took was him speaking up for free speech and suddenly he is public enemy #1
This is among the biggest bunch of crock peddled here. Brilliant people who have made the greatest contributions to human advancement have been scoundrels and bigots of the first order. Two names come immediately to mind: William Shockley (co-inventor of the transistor and integrated circuits; cofounder of the company that would become Intel) and Fritz Haber (father of synthetic fertilizers) were known eugenists. Both were Nobel laureates.

One could argue that much technological innovation occurred in support of the Third Reich, in Nazi Germany (eg. synthetic rubber). I loves me some great technical innovation but I’m also mature enough to separate the person from the product.

Btw, I know many Tesla employees: they don’t have a very favorable opinion of Musk. The company is successful in spite of him. More brilliant minds have left the company than are part of it.
What in the actual fuck
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

So Musk already discussing bankruptcy for Twitter...
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:14 am So Musk already discussing bankruptcy for Twitter...
They were going bankrupt before he bought it. Thats why they sold. When he inherited the company it was losing like 4 million a day. Because they grew the company tooo quick. Musk knew the risk there that he would have to fix a lot
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

That kinda makes his decision to drop $44 BILLION on twitter that much more foolish.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

He’s such a great, brilliant business mind that he paid $44B for a company losing $4M per day 😂😂😂😂