The Worst People in the World...

Coffee talk.
TDub
Contributor

Re: The Worst People in the World...

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 9:27 am
TraditionKU wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 9:22 am
ousdahl wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 9:10 am All public health aside, I’m surprised more hasn’t been made of the fact it’s company policy.

I imagine these non-sheep patriots will soon be raging against various “no shirt no shoes no service” policies, as evidenced by fat boy’s follow up vid.
lol

i almost added the mandatory sport coat/tie policy at high end restaurants
I dunno how frequently the no-mask types ever went to those sorts of restaurants in the first place.

(Y’all wanna go get kicked out of Applebee’s again?!)
Yea Im not with you here. This is the attitude i dislike. Its amazing what people spend their money on, that includes rich people, and poor people, elites and non elites, mask wearers and dudes with Kevlar
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I would wager a lot of Olive Garden gift certs though that the couple in that video do not frequent sport coat/tie required restaurants.

In fact if someone gave me, oh, 2/1 odds that neither of them have ever been in a restaurant requiring that, i'd bite.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I dunno how you could wager he's never been to a coat/tie restaurant, considering he's not even wearing a shirt.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 10:32 am
TraditionKU wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 9:22 am
lol

i almost added the mandatory sport coat/tie policy at high end restaurants
I dunno how frequently the no-mask types ever went to those sorts of restaurants in the first place.

Yea Im not with you here. This is the attitude i dislike. Its amazing what people spend their money on, that includes rich people, and poor people, elites and non elites, mask wearers and dudes with Kevlar
well. how frequently do you hear stories and see videos of dudes in a standoff at a fancy restaurant, protesting the coat and tie as a matter of freedom, and calling the host a pussy?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Very few restaurants require a coat and tie now.
Broham
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

ousdahl wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 10:43 am

well. how frequently do you hear stories and see videos of dudes in a standoff at a fancy restaurant, protesting the coat and tie as a matter of freedom, and calling the host a pussy?
Never. They just head to All of Garden.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

on second thought, I think it's all a conspiracy.

if you have to wear a mask then how are you supposed to binge eat?

it's just a deep state attempt to end the never ending pasta!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 10:46 am Very few restaurants require a coat and tie now.
thanks to our freedom fighters!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

to be completely fair, a good steak does taste better when you're wearing JNCO's .
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 10:43 am

Just because they don't protest there doesnt mean they dont eat there.

Personally I would choose a dive joint 99% of the time over fancy places but a lot of times people who arenr comfortable being who they are (which these people clearly arent) choose fancy places (and weae kevlar) to prove they are worthy of respect.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 10:48 am
jhawks99 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 10:46 am Very few restaurants require a coat and tie now.
I know you dont agree with these particular protesters (fair take) but keep in mind there are other protests and uprisings that have provided you with the ability to live your life the way you do and want to.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

there's a lot of social, cultural, economic, and other factors at play, I suppose.

but yeah, I'm with you. I'm not a fan of the fancy pants (and coat) type of restaurants. The couple of times I've been, I've been underwhelmed.

(I turn into my dad, who can't not audit the bill. So he and I look at the price of the steak dish and think, man that coulda got us a LOT of burgers and wings at a sports bar. In JNCOs, too.)

gimme a good dive any day!
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Ousiey prefers antifa. They are more in line with his way.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 10:55 am
I know you dont agree with these particular protesters (fair take) but keep in mind there are other protests and uprisings that have provided you with the ability to live your life the way you do and want to.
oh yeah. I'm all for a merited civil protest, and appreciate the historical challenges that have ultimately resulted in the freedoms we have today.

but, in the grand scheme of protests, it's just not real high on my merit scale to call the cart guy at Costco a pussy.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 11:01 am Ousiey prefers antifa. They are more in line with his way.
I mean, at face value, I can get behind the general sentiments of "anti-fascist."

but based on how much I know and how much attention I've paid to Antifa (not much), I can't say I always agree with their tactics.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 11:02 am

oh yeah. I'm all for a merited civil protest, and appreciate the historical challenges that have ultimately resulted in the freedoms we have today.

but, in the grand scheme of protests, it's just not real high on my merit scale to call the cart guy at Costco a pussy.

Who determines if its a merited protest?
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

that's a good question!

if we have some critical mass of Mericans who rally behind ol' "no shirt no mask no problem, cuz I GOT MAH FREEDOM!," then let's talk merit.

but til then, meh.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

TDub wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 11:05 am
ousdahl wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 11:02 am

Who determines if its a merited protest?
I volunteer as tribute!
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 11:08 am that's a good question!

if we have some critical mass of Mericans who rally behind ol' "no shirt no mask no problem, cuz I GOT MAH FREEDOM!," then let's talk merit.

but til then, meh.
Are they the same people who stand in front of and block the doors of places such as Planned Parenthood because of..... Freedom?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

ousdahl wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 11:08 am that's a good question!

but til then, meh.
What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right. -Albert Einstein
I don't think # of people is how you determine if a protest has merit. I mean, there probably weren't a critical mass of Germans who opposed Hitler, but I'd argue those that did had merit.

I think that the voice of people who are facing economic hardships NEEDS to be heard, I just wish they did it by some other method besides mass gatherings.

The people who are bored, or who, whilst assembling in public without being arrested, are arguing that stay at home orders infringe on their constitutional rights, can all go fuck themselves.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.