Strikes

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: Strikes

Post by ousdahl »

Know how I know you’ve never worked a job flipping burgers?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:23 am Know how I know you’ve never worked a job flipping burgers?
Know how i know you've never been an executive?
Deleted User 863

Also, McDonalds doesn't flip burgers. They are warmed in some strange warmer thingy.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Oh so machines is comin to take our jobs?

If that’s the case, then how come so many businesses are whining about being understaffed and blaming workers for not coming back to their shit wage jobs again?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

If you are screaming about the difficulty of flipping burgers I believe we have identified the issue.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

On a day to day level, I’d wager the average burger flipper gig is much more stressful, less flexible, and generally more demanding and difficult than the average executive position. It’s so much sweating and so few perks.

And if you don’t believe me, go work a burger gig for a while then tell me you don’t deserve more.

How often does a burger flipper get a multi million dollar severance package just for getting fired?

How often does an executive get fired for showing up 5 minutes late?
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:31 am Oh so machines is comin to take our jobs?

If that’s the case, then how come so many businesses are whining about being understaffed and blaming workers for not coming back to their shit wage jobs again?
I think the reason business owners were complaining is because to collect unemployment you're supposed to be actively looking for a job. Not refusing to work because not working + unemployment income is better than working for similar income. You aren't supposed to be able to collect unemployment while turning down offers to work or refusing to work your previous job.

BUT....some good has come from it. Companies are offering higher pay and sign on bonuses (even for burger flippers). Wendys has $500 sign on bonus running right now at some locations I have seen.
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:39 am On a day to day level, I’d wager the average burger flipper gig is much more stressful, less flexible, and generally more demanding and difficult than the average executive position.
You're fucking delusional.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:39 am On a day to day level, I’d wager the average burger flipper gig is much more stressful, less flexible, and generally more demanding and difficult than the average executive position. It’s so much sweating and so few perks.

And if you don’t believe me, go work a burger gig for a while then tell me you don’t deserve more.

How often does a burger flipper get a multi million dollar severance package just for getting fired?

How often does an executive get fired for showing up 5 minutes late?
Oh dear.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I hope that shitting all over the American working class really does make you guys feel better about yourselves.

And to think, this started with you guys saying more folks should buy homes.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:47 am I hope that shitting all over the American working class really does make you guys feel better about yourselves.

This is what religion and the Republican Party have achieved. Convincing middle class Americans to shit on poor and middle class people in favor of the rich.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Youve lost all credibility ous
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Burger flippers aren't "the working class" either
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:47 am I hope that shitting all over the American working class really does make you guys feel better about yourselves.

I am the american working class. I don't make 6 figures a year. I am not buying up those nice houses that you think you're entitled to and using them as vacation homes.

And we started by saying folks who can buy are usually better off than renting in the long term....not that every person is entitled to be a home owner.
Last edited by Deleted User 863 on Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Something like that.

I dunno. It sucks that so many can get so defensive.

I’m accused of being delusional, bullshit, loose all credibility, blah blah blah, just cuz I’d like to see a more equal distribution of wealth, and see more working class Americans be able to actually afford a home.

And I’m speaking in general terms, on behalf of entire communities here. I’m not just individually trying to blame someone else for my own condition, but go figure folks try to make that the narrative instead.
Deleted User 863

You're just virtue signaling.

We all want more americans to be paid fairly (not equally) and for people to own homes (who can afford to own homes).

You think it's wrong for someone to own a vacation home because you don't.
Deleted User 863

Cascadia wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:54 am

This is what religion and the Republican Party have achieved. Convincing middle class Americans to shit on poor and middle class people in favor of the rich.
That is true in many instances, but not what is happening here.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:03 pm

Your reading comprehension skills are awful
Deleted User 863

Cascadia wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:05 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:03 pm

Your reading comprehension skills are awful
No they're not.

It's morally wrong for a McDonalds exec to own a million dollar vacation home because their burger "flippers" can't all afford to own a home.
Last edited by Deleted User 863 on Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Youz guyz have added about 10 pages to this today.

Anything worth reading?
Broham