Kansas Basketball.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: NBA draft

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

DeletedUser wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:23 am
randylahey wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:21 am
DeletedUser wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 8:47 am

I am assuming he meant in the same draft....

Either way, did those Florida teams have 2 lotto picks? Horford and Noah? Or maybe Corey Brewer?
I beleive all 3 were top 10
That was a fun team to watch.

Beating them in Vegas (iirc) early during their 2nd championship season was one of the most fun regular season games I remember during the Self era.
Overtime W.
4 bench points for Kansas in that game. 2 bench points for Florida.
3 out of 4 guys on our bench who played in that game played in the NBA.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/bo ... orida.html
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Darrell Arthur's performance against Florida is an all time moment. True freshman, early in the season, showing up big against the defending champ florida gators and their upperclassmen lotto pick front court
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

randylahey wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:07 pm Darrell Arthur's performance against Florida is an all time moment. True freshman, early in the season, showing up big against the defending champ florida gators and their upperclassmen lotto pick front court
Shady's Freshman season game/s log.....

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/pl ... melog/2007
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Furphy talks about going to Indy......

https://twitter.com/PrioritySports/stat ... 2578920770

Pacers GM
https://twitter.com/Pacers/status/1806473509935215005

Coach Self chimes in....

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

So lemme guess:

Lebron had no say either in the lakers decision to draft Bronny?

Watch him get cut anyway lol
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Lulz. Here come the Bronny haters!!!!
I wonder how many people will say "Knecht sucks too"!
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 4:44 pm Lulz. Here come the Bronny haters!!!!
I wonder how many people will say "Knecht sucks too"!
LeBron comments on Bronny's first bucket.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C9GNk6IyE_b ... _copy_link
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

James scored four points and made just two of his nine field goal attempts in his much-anticipated NBA debut, while adding two rebounds, two assists and one steal. He was tied for a team-worst -15 while struggling on the defensive end of the floor as well.
gutter wrote:JUNK!
:lol:
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

KUTradition wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 7:42 am James scored four points and made just two of his nine field goal attempts in his much-anticipated NBA debut, while adding two rebounds, two assists and one steal. He was tied for a team-worst -15 while struggling on the defensive end of the floor as well.
gutter wrote:JUNK!
:lol:
It’s so dumb to that this was story 1 as I opened ESPN.

But, it’s billionaires making millions.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

"Late 2nd round pick scores 4 points off 2-9 shooting"

Front page news lmfao
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Furphy gets a healthy salary at 8.6 mill for 4 years but only 6 of which is guaranteed…the 4th year being an option.

Get picked at 18 ( very reasonable ) that deal in the first four years is 14 million with a 5th year option that would make the deal 23 million in total.

So in this scenario ( if he was drafted at 18 ) he lost at minimum 5.5 million but possibly up to 17 million.

This argument again assumes he would increase his stock next year to around what the mocks had him going this year which is a very reasonable estimate.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

It's a reasonable estimate for sure. But after seeing him fall so far this year, it makes me think there was something they weren't quite sure about. And this draft class was weak according to some.

I think I'd put the odds he was a 1st rounder after next year at 65%. And top 20 at maybe 40%. How well he does next year against NBA level competition will be interesting to see.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

We are dealing with maybes and what ifs.
It's very possible (probable?) he lost future earnings by not returning to KU.
It's slightly possible (doubtful?) he would have lost future earnings by returning to KU.
So be it.

The kid was supposed to be a first rounder. There were teams that told him, his agent, and media members (off the record), they were strongly considering taking him in the first round.
That's why he was not just IN the draft but was AT the draft.
Based on that, he made the right decision - for him - AT THE TIME.
Turns out MAYBE it wasn't the right decision in hindsight - but we will never know for sure.
He's on a team that is deep and doesn't need him to produce right away. My guess is a lot of people are going to say - "See, he should have stayed at KU" - based on his lack of production his rookie year. I can't say they will be wrong for saying it - but - like I said, I can say, they will never know for sure if that is true.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Right.
You and I disagree here - I think it's more than probable.
I won't be convinced he couldn't come back and be within the top 18 picks and possibly a lotto pick given his previous usage and the standard of improvement of players under Self:

viewtopic.php?p=407474#p407474

I'm very confident he lost money and I think he knows it ( hence some of his disappointment in interviews afterwards ). That said, he's going to make 6 million guaranteed in 3 years, he's gonna be just fine as mentioned before.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

mjl2 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:59 pm I don't understand how Terrence Shannon hasn't been picked. That guy is incredible.
After he got drafted I think I posted on this or another thread that he and Ant playing on the floor together could/would be a big problem for their opponents.
One game does not make a player but last night he showed flashes that he will inevitably have people other than you and I (and fucking Illini fans) saying - how the heck did he fall to 27?
Then again, if/when he MAY get arrested for something stupid, there will be the people who will say - that's why he fell to 27.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

He's the type of player that can thrive in the NBA regular season when the defense isn't quite as intense as the playoffs. He will love the up and down pace.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

I know it's just Summer League and it's not a great indicator but.....
I can't help but re-think draft choices if I was to think solely on Summer League performance.

1. Risacher. Not worthy of being the #1 pick.
2. Sarr. Are you kidding me? Dude wouldn't be a first rounder based on his Summer League performance.
11. Buzelis. Legitimate potential to be rookie of the year. Is he going to be better than any of the 10 taken ahead of him? He was better than many if not most of them in Summer League.
35. Furphy. Should have been a first rounder.