COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
randylahey

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by randylahey »

There are a few examples of people who had previously had covid and recovered from it on their own. Later got vaccinated thinking they were doing the right thing, and then died because of vaccine complications. these are really rare examples but still. should they have gotten the vaccine???

There were healthcare workers who were heavily pressured into getting the vaccine and died from it too. did they make the right choice to get vaccinated?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

randylahey wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:53 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:14 am Here you go Randy.

Even if you do get covid, if you're vaccinated you're significantly less likely to spread the virus.

Stop being a selfish asshole. Get vaccinated and you might save someone else's life.

80% of vaccinated COVID carriers didn’t infect anyone in public spaces — report

https://www.timesofisrael.com/80-of-vac ... es-report/
I am vaccinated. Never said I wasn't. I got it fairly early on (elderly susceptible relatives). But I hold a lot of libertarian views and feel that no people, business, or governing body has any right to tell you what to put into your body. Especially when there is so much evidence as to why it isn't necessarily needed or helpful. there is also documented studies that a big chunk of the population has some degree of natural immunity... so why the fuck would we all need to be forced vaccinated
I hold libertarian views too. You don't have to wash your hands after you shit either but you're a dumbfuck if you don't.

Having an option doesn't mean there's not a right answer.

The bolded statement is just absolutely false. You don't know what you're talking about.

The only people who have any immunity are people who've gotten the virus.

Everyone should choose to get vaccinated because statistically it significantly reduces your chances of being infected, having symptoms, being hospitalized, and dying. It reduces community spread. It alleviates the burden on hospitals. It reduces Healthcare and insurance costs. It keeps the economy going. It prevents shutdowns. It keeps schools open. It allows for travel..........
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

randylahey wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:55 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:51 pm Shut up idiot. You don't know shit.
see and its people like this that is why our country is going down the drain. they dont want to have a realistic conversation. if someone disagrees or presents evidence that differs from their opinion they start calling people names. I am vaccinated. I am just encouraging people to make their own educated decision.. because for a lot of us it really isn't necessary. we own our bodies.. the government doesn't. Nothing should be forced. If the founding fathers were here today...... this is a very different country in a very bad way
Wrong. You and your antivax rhetoric are the problem. There is no conversation to be had because you're making up false data. Turn off Facebook, understand the science, then we can have a conversation. Until then you're just spreading lies.

I'm not saying the govt should mandate vaccines. The data OVERWHELMINGLY and CONVINCINGLY shows that morally and mathematically EVERYONE who can get vaccinated, should get vaccinated and there's not a good argument suggesting otherwise.

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

randylahey wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:58 pm There are a few examples of people who had previously had covid and recovered from it on their own. Later got vaccinated thinking they were doing the right thing, and then died because of vaccine complications. these are really rare examples but still. should they have gotten the vaccine???

There were healthcare workers who were heavily pressured into getting the vaccine and died from it too. did they make the right choice to get vaccinated?
Please site your sources. These just aren't happening. It's a false narrative.

Shut off Facebook. Follow the science. Stop spreading lies.

randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I don't even have a facebook. do some of your own research you can find examples of people who have mysteriously died following their vaccination. And I literally said they are rare examples but should also not be ignored. and a large ammount of documented cases of the vaccine doing stuff from making you feel slightly sick for awhile to stuff like heart inflamation. Do you not recall the waiver you had to sign? stating there could be side affects and you couldnt legally hold anyone accountable for vaccine side affects
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

PhDhawk wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:09 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:51 pm Shut up idiot. You don't know shit.
see and its people like this that is why our country is going down the drain. they dont want to have a realistic conversation. if someone disagrees or presents evidence that differs from their opinion they start calling people names. I am vaccinated. I am just encouraging people to make their own educated decision.. because for a lot of us it really isn't necessary. we own our bodies.. the government doesn't. Nothing should be forced. If the founding fathers were here today...... this is a very different country in a very bad way
Wrong. You and your antivax rhetoric are the problem. There is no conversation to be had because you're making up false data. Turn off Facebook, understand the science, then we can have a conversation. Until then you're just spreading lies.

I'm not saying the govt should mandate vaccines. The data OVERWHELMINGLY and CONVINCINGLY shows that morally and mathematically EVERYONE who can get vaccinated, should get vaccinated and there's not a good argument suggesting otherwise.
all the stuff i mentioned was literally reported by the CDC in their studies. we have gathered more research/data on covid in a year than any illness in human history. it is understanding the science. weve known all along that a decent percentage of the population was completely asymptomatic to covid. why vaccinate them with an imperfect vaccine to treat them for an illness that wont affect them? Its illogical
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I'm sorry if Ive upset anybody. I understand its weird times we are living in and some people are scared but its important to breath and rationalize that there isn't a "one size fits all" type method for covid and its ridiculous to try to force the whole world to get vaccinated just because its your opinion. Like I said a decent percentage of the human population is completely unaffected by covid, or has low to mild symptoms. weve known all along that there is about a 98/99 percent survival rate
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

And none of this even mentions the genuinely scary aspect of the situation. the world population is rapidly approaching 8 billion people. its been increasing exponentially for the past century. we are in the middle of a mass extinction... not of people, but of life on the planet in general. the oceans are dying, so are most species at an alarming rate. there is a lot of evidence suggesting covid did come from a lab. both biden and trump (bipartisan) were looking into chinas involvement into why the wuhan labs were researching enhanced virus strains. china is the most heavily populated country. was this an accident? a study? or an attempt to solve a problem? we are reaching a tipping point where we must either really look at how our society goes about life on this planet or begin to gradually reduce our global population. Because what our species is doing to earth is not sustainable and far more devastating than what covid is doing to us.

and its no coincidence that this covid situation is happening at this tipping point
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

randylahey wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:19 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:09 pm

all the stuff i mentioned was literally reported by the CDC in their studies. we have gathered more research/data on covid in a year than any illness in human history. it is understanding the science. weve known all along that a decent percentage of the population was completely asymptomatic to covid. why vaccinate them with an imperfect vaccine to treat them for an illness that wont affect them? Its illogical
Because they're less likely to contract it if vaccinated. If they do get it, they're less likely to transmit it. It's about breaking chains and lowering rates of infections.

And, there's no way of knowing who will be asymptomatic.

And, we don't know that asymptomatic people won't have long term effects. In many cases the people who get the worst cases of shingles had mild cases of chicken pox.

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

The notion that vaccines aren't effective because they aren't perfect is lunacy.

If you play Texas hold 'em, there are examples where deuce seven off suit can beat pocket aces. But, play it out a million times and see who wins the most hands. If given the choice only an idiot would choose deuce 7 over pocket aces. And no one would recommend that to someone they cared about.

The vaccine is pocket aces, choosing to not get vaccinated is picking deuce 7 offsuit.

randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pocket aces has what like a 98/99 percent chance of winning? which is identical to the global survival rate of covid over the course of the past year+

point is its perfectly justified to hold off on weigh your options when it comes to injecting something into your body. your odds of beating covid naturally are really really good. and it should be your choice what you do. your body your choice. that isnt a controversial statement
Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

randylahey wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:53 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:14 am Here you go Randy.

Even if you do get covid, if you're vaccinated you're significantly less likely to spread the virus.

Stop being a selfish asshole. Get vaccinated and you might save someone else's life.

80% of vaccinated COVID carriers didn’t infect anyone in public spaces — report

https://www.timesofisrael.com/80-of-vac ... es-report/
I am vaccinated. Never said I wasn't. I got it fairly early on (elderly susceptible relatives). But I hold a lot of libertarian views and feel that no people, business, or governing body has any right to tell you what to put into your body. Especially when there is so much evidence as to why it isn't necessarily needed or helpful. there is also documented studies that a big chunk of the population has some degree of natural immunity... so why the fuck would we all need to be forced vaccinated
I agree 100% that "no people, business, or governing body has (I would say - should have) any right to tell you what to put into your body".
Meanwhile, we live in a country full of ___________s that allow their religious and political beliefs to do just that. Tell them what they can and can not put in to their body and what they can and can't do with their body.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

randylahey wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:09 pm pocket aces has what like a 98/99 percent chance of winning? which is identical to the global survival rate of covid over the course of the past year+

point is its perfectly justified to hold off on weigh your options when it comes to injecting something into your body. your odds of beating covid naturally are really really good. and it should be your choice what you do. your body your choice. that isnt a controversial statement
It's a selfish, ill informed one that assumes the only possible bad outcome is death and that an individual is only impacted by things that happen to themselves. It ignores that it is spread communally at a high rate. It ignores that the vaccine is safe and effective. It ignores that viruses mutate.

Winning is not surviving covid19, it's never contracting it. A student of mine who is 21 was a three time State champion in track in Texas and is an avid runner got covid. She had severe symptoms and lung problems. If she has lung damage that lasts that will severely effect her quality of life.

There is not a governement law forcing people to feed themselves, you could let yourself starve to death. But I won't pretend that option is equally reasonable as eating food. The vaccine choice is no different.

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Large study finds COVID-19 is linked to a substantial drop in intelligence

https://www.psypost.org/2021/07/large-s ... ence-61577

Oh, but dying is the only negative outcome, right, randy.

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I think everyone’s patience is done with the anti-vax cult. Having real consequences now.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

and it is a free country. always has been and always will be. and people need to learn to respect peoples choices and opinions and shut the hell up about it. bridge the gap.. there is no need for this cultural divide. nobody has to conform to your opinions
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

keep in mind if you look through the history of medicine. it is not uncommon to find out all the negative effects of a treatment after the fact as more research is done
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

And once again I am pretty neutral about the vaccine issue. I am just very against this wave of forcing your opinions on others. most people on both sides of the issue have good just reasons for feeling the way they do. People have the right to assess the situation and make their own choice. that is what im fighting for. thats the basic principle this country was founded on.. freedoms
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

randylahey wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:55 pm Looking at it logically (not emotionally) :
The real question americans are asking themselves is does the perceived threat of covid warrant getting a controversial vaccine that was rushed through trials and testing? Does the potential risks offset the potential benefits and warrant getting the medical treatment. for a lot of americans the answer is a simple no. and that is why half the country is not vaccinated and does not intend to
This is not a true statement. Your argument hinges on believing a lie.

The vaccines have been shown to be incredibly safe.

Your scare tactics are emotional and not logical. Look at the data.

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

randylahey wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:57 pm keep in mind if you look through the history of medicine. it is not uncommon to find out all the negative effects of a treatment after the fact as more research is done
3 billion doses administered.

I think we have an idea that they're safe.

The wait and see argument no longer holds water.