Strikes

Ugh.
Deleted User 863

Re: Strikes

Post by Deleted User 863 »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:07 pm Youz guyz have added about 10 pages to this today.

Anything worth reading?
Nope.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:03 pm You're just virtue signaling.

We all want more americans to be paid fairly (not equally) and for people to own homes (who can afford to own homes).

You think it's wrong for someone to own a vacation home because you don't.
Never said that.

But please, do tell more about how Americans should be paid fairly but not equally!
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:07 pm Youz guyz have added about 10 pages to this today.

Anything worth reading?
Nope.

Just more of ousdahl running circles around illy, twocoach and TDub
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:07 pm
Cascadia wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:05 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:03 pm

Your reading comprehension skills are awful
No they're not.

It's morally wrong for a McDonalds exec to own a million dollar vacation home because their burger "flippers" can't all afford to own a home.
The fact that you think that’s the argument being made is just more proof of your terrible reading comprehension skills.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I just got texted this article by a former poster who asked me to share it, on the condition that I also tell illy he’s bullshit, and to shove it up his ass:

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/23/how-muc ... -1940.html
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Not that I necessarily feel that way, so don’t shoot the messenger.

Illy, I’d still like to blaze some buds with you. But don’t be upset if I keep puffing without passing and tell you it’s cuz you don’t deserve more.

JK I wouldn’t actually do that. Don’t worry bro. Bong’s comin back your way!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:03 pm

No they're not.

It's morally wrong for a McDonalds exec to own a million dollar vacation home because their burger "flippers" can't all afford to own a home.
Where’d you get that from, the Bible or sumptin?
Deleted User 863

I think you're a good dude Ous. You definitely mean well. But you don't know a whole hell of a lot about a lot of things you preach about (and i mean that respectfully because i am someone who recognizes i am not as intelligent or informed (on everything other than golf) as most other people on this board.
Deleted User 863

Cascadia wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:11 pm

No they're not.

The fact that you think that’s the argument being made is just more proof of your terrible reading comprehension skills.
I am just acting in similar "good" faith as the other people engaging in this convo.
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:12 pm Not that I necessarily feel that way, so don’t shoot the messenger.

Illy, I’d still like to blaze some buds with you. But don’t be upset if I keep puffing without passing and tell you it’s cuz you don’t deserve more.

JK I wouldn’t actually do that. Don’t worry bro. Bong’s comin back your way!
I buy and smoke my own weed. I don't need or deserve any of your weed. So puff puff and don't worry about passing. We can relax together without feeling entitled to what the other has.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Thanks bro.

I too intend to be humble. I don’t try to posit myself as some economic expert. But please don’t use my lack of technical understanding as reason to discount every concept I try to suggest.

I’m just talking golden rule shit here. Sharing the toys at preschool shit. I’m an advocate for equality. I don’t think anyone needs a phd to understand that. The truth is, capitalism goes against so much of our preschool sharing is caring sort of ideals, and instead normalizes greed.

And on a practical level, I simply don’t think humanity will sustain itself with our current economic model and mindset. That’s not gonna end well! What are we gonna do, just use up all the resources on earth and bank on colonizing Mars?

We need to prioritize conservation over consumption, and community welfare over individual wealth.

Now do me a solid and pass that bong back this way.
Last edited by ousdahl on Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Anything worth reading?
Just the few that I posted.

But isn't that the truth for every thread?
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:27 pm
We need to prioritize conservation over consumption, and community welfare over individual wealth.

You're so radical bro!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Matthew 19:24

“It’s easier for a camel to pass thru the eye of a needle, than it is for a rich man to get to heaven.”

You guys that can only mean one of two things:

we either need smaller camels, or bigger needles.
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:27 pm Thanks bro.

I too intend to be humble. I don’t try to posit myself as some economic expert. But please don’t use my lack of technical understanding as reason to discount every concept I try to suggest.

I’m just talking golden rule shit here. Sharing the toys at preschool shit. I’m an advocate for equality. I don’t think anyone needs a phd to understand that. The truth is, capitalism goes against so much of our preschool sharing is caring sort of ideals, and basically normalizes greed.

And on a practical level, I simply don’t think humanity will sustain itself with our current economic model and mindset. That’s not gonna end well! What are we gonna do, just use up all the resources on earth and bank on colonizing Mars?

Now do me a solid and pass that bong back this way.
I don't discount anything you say (even if a make a smart ass comment that leads you to believe i do)...i try to honestly discuss nearly everything with you.

I think your heart is in the right place. I think you may have your enemies slightly confused and your solutions even more confused, but i genuinely think we both want very similar things (in theory/outcome) for society.

I just don't think using capitalism and rich people as the boogeyman to all our problems does anyone any good if productive discussion is really the goal.
Deleted User 863

Cascadia wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:31 pm
ousdahl wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:27 pm

You're so radical bro!
Nobody thinks that's radical. In fact i think most of us agree with those statements.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Living within your means is more conservation minded then paying everyone more so that they consume more like the next guy.
Last edited by TDub on Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 863

TDub wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:35 pm Living within your means is more conservation minded then paying everyone more so that they consume the more like the next guy.
Radical!
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:35 pm
TDub wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:35 pm Living within your means is more conservation minded then paying everyone more so that they consume the more like the next guy.
Radical!
lol you two

The "means" is the issue.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Cascadia wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:40 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:35 pm
Radical!
lol you two

The "means" is the issue.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.