COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
randylahey

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by randylahey »

PhDhawk wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:01 pm
randylahey wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:55 pm Looking at it logically (not emotionally) :
The real question americans are asking themselves is does the perceived threat of covid warrant getting a controversial vaccine that was rushed through trials and testing? Does the potential risks offset the potential benefits and warrant getting the medical treatment. for a lot of americans the answer is a simple no. and that is why half the country is not vaccinated and does not intend to
This is not a true statement. Your argument hinges on believing a lie.

The vaccines have been shown to be incredibly safe.

Your scare tactics are emotional and not logical. Look at the data.
just out of curiousity. which part of this is a scare tactic? when saying its ok to weigh your options and think about things logically. scare tactics is what you are doing in demanding that everyone needs to get vaccinated. I got vaccinated. but perfectly respect why people are hesitant to do so, as i was too. the fact is.. its not needed. there are numerous other viruses within the human population that are far more deadly than covid. the human population continues to grow exponentially. we have a lot bigger problems than this overhyped covid virus. but people like you are clearly terrified. so what they are doing is working
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

randylahey wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:03 pm and once again we know for an absolute fact your odds of beating covid are really really good. even before there was any vaccine. this shit has been going on for approaching 2 years now. has spread all over the world. and all of us on here have survived are still just fine and able to log on and argue about it. most the stuff you read/hear about covid in this country is 5% about the virus and 95% about how is used to politically manipulate and divide the country
Would you play Russian roulette with a 50 or 100 chambered gun?

A 1-2% survival rate is very high when you talk about a pathogen that has infected more than 35 million Americans in less than 2 years.

And again, you're ignoring all the other comorbidities that occur at a much higher rate.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

I came up with a somewhat silly and facetious proposal about dropping insurance coverage for the unvaccinated. But now I’m not so sure that it’s silly. Genuinely curious: what’s the general policy on coverage for self-inflicted injuries? Obviously if you took a firearm and shot yourself in the foot you can’t expect the insurance company to pay for your foot reconstruction. Or, can you? What is legal and moral obligation for insurance coverage for injuries and illness caused by willful negligence?

I don’t think that insurance is going to cover the expense for someone who drives into a wall for the third time with a 0.2% BAC. How is refusing vaccines any different?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

PhDhawk wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:04 pm
randylahey wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:57 pm keep in mind if you look through the history of medicine. it is not uncommon to find out all the negative effects of a treatment after the fact as more research is done
3 billion doses administered.

I think we have an idea that they're safe.

The wait and see argument no longer holds water.
tell that to the families of the people who died from the vaccine. the vaccine they took for a virus that had a very very small chance of killing them. ask them if they wish they had been a little more hesitant
Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

randylahey wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:56 pm and it is a free country. always has been and always will be. and people need to learn to respect peoples choices and opinions and shut the hell up about it. bridge the gap.. there is no need for this cultural divide. nobody has to conform to your opinions
Sorry for the interruption........
To be technical, it's not really a "free" country. There are "rules" and there are legal punishable measures that occur for one's "illegal" (breaking the "rules") actions. Sure I have the "freedom" to kill someone but if caught and prosecuted, I'm hardly "free" any more.
Let's be thankful we are given many choices in this country but let's also realize sometimes our choices have serious consequences.
Normally I would agree that people "need to learn to respect peoples choices and opinions" but to be technical again, I don't and never will respect people's choices and opinions when they intentionally lead to and/or cause severe mental and physical harm to others.

Back to your dialogue with PhD and others........
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

randylahey wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:08 pm
randylahey wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:55 pm Looking at it logically (not emotionally) :
The real question americans are asking themselves is does the perceived threat of covid warrant getting a controversial vaccine that was rushed through trials and testing? Does the potential risks offset the potential benefits and warrant getting the medical treatment. for a lot of americans the answer is a simple no. and that is why half the country is not vaccinated and does not intend to

just out of curiousity. which part of this is a scare tactic? when saying its ok to weigh your options and think about things logically. scare tactics is what you are doing in demanding that everyone needs to get vaccinated. I got vaccinated. but perfectly respect why people are hesitant to do so, as i was too. the fact is.. its not needed. there are numerous other viruses within the human population that are far more deadly than covid. the human population continues to grow exponentially. we have a lot bigger problems than this overhyped covid virus. but people like you are clearly terrified. so what they are doing is working
You're misrepresenting the safety if the vaccine and how it was made.

Other more dangerous pathogens are not currently causing a global pandemic. Stop moving the goalposts.

I'm not terrified. I understand statistics. There are right and wrong answers here.

randylahey

Post by randylahey »

zsn wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:10 pm I came up with a somewhat silly and facetious proposal about dropping insurance coverage for the unvaccinated. But now I’m not so sure that it’s silly. Genuinely curious: what’s the general policy on coverage for self-inflicted injuries? Obviously if you took a firearm and shot yourself in the foot you can’t expect the insurance company to pay for your foot reconstruction. Or, can you? What is legal and moral obligation for insurance coverage for injuries and illness caused by willful negligence?

I don’t think that insurance is going to cover the expense for someone who drives into a wall for the third time with a 0.2% BAC. How is refusing vaccines any different?
thats like proposing to refuse police protection/assistance to people who dont beleive in the 2nd amendment
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

PhDhawk wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:11 pm

Other more dangerous pathogens are not currently causing a global pandemic. Stop moving the goalposts.

I'm not terrified. I understand statistics. There are right and wrong answers here.
If you believe in statistics then you probably wouldve realized that you never needed the vaccine in the first place
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

randylahey wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:11 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:04 pm
randylahey wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:57 pm keep in mind if you look through the history of medicine. it is not uncommon to find out all the negative effects of a treatment after the fact as more research is done
3 billion doses administered.

I think we have an idea that they're safe.

The wait and see argument no longer holds water.
tell that to the families of the people who died from the vaccine. the vaccine they took for a virus that had a very very small chance of killing them. ask them if they wish they had been a little more hesitant
There are only 3 deaths linked directly to the vaccine. Blood clots caused by J&J vaccine. Out of hundreds of millions of doses in this country.

AND remember, the J&J vaccine was already traditional version of a vaccine not the "experimental" (safer) versions you're terrified of.

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

randylahey wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:13 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:11 pm

If you believe in statistics then you probably wouldve realized that you never needed the vaccine in the first place
Dumb statement and you know it.

randylahey

Post by randylahey »

heres my final post on the final on the subject mr phd. the vulnerable, elderly, immunocompromised, etc probably need to get vaccinated. thats it. everyone else can choose to if they want.. its up to them. everyone else should shut the fuck up about it and let people live there lives.

its also proven that healthier people (less obese, better gut bacteria/immune systems) have statistically a significant chance of not having covid complications. why are you demanding everyone eats a healthy diet and exercises daily then? its because you are not a free thinker and cant even consider the option of people thinking for themselves and making their own decisions
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

You've chosen to vax.

If you're comfy saying so (admittedly, "not" is a fair answer), why?
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

The numbers don't support your argument.

About 95% of covid cases in the US are in the unvaccinated.
A higher percentage than that for hospitalizations.
Almost 100% of the deaths are in unvaccinated.
This is in spite of the fact that there are more vaccinated people in this country than not, particularly among the elderly and immunocompromised.
The serious risks from the vaccine are miniscule, approaching 0....not ANYWHERE near the 1-2% lethality rate of the virus.

AND. IT'S NOT JUST ABOUT YOU. Getting vaccinated might save someone else's life or lives.

Stop being selfish.

Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

ChalkRocker wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:26 pm You've chosen to vax.

There are a lot of posts to go back through but he/she already answered why.
If you truly care, this was what he/she said in regards to getting the vaccine/s. "I got it fairly early on (elderly susceptible relatives)".
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

NotGutterGutter wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:49 pm

There are a lot of posts to go back through but he/she already answered why.
If you truly care, this was what he/she said in regards to getting the vaccine/s. "I got it fairly early on (elderly susceptible relatives)".
I didn't invest myself in the gentle q I asked.

I simply asked, you annoying mutt.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

And I don't research others' posting histories. I've told you twice now.

That's your thing.

No time or inclination.
Last edited by ChalkRocker on Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

2 elderly relatives with cancer that i see semi regularly
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

PhDhawk wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:28 pm The numbers don't support your argument.

About 95% of covid cases in the US are in the unvaccinated.
A higher percentage than that for hospitalizations.
Almost 100% of the deaths are in unvaccinated.
This is in spite of the fact that there are more vaccinated people in this country than not, particularly among the elderly and immunocompromised.
The serious risks from the vaccine are miniscule, approaching 0....not ANYWHERE near the 1-2% lethality rate of the virus.

AND. IT'S NOT JUST ABOUT YOU. Getting vaccinated might save someone else's life or lives.

Stop being selfish.
i am vaccinated you dumb piece of shit. Ive said 3 times already in this argument that i am vaccinated so i dont know why you are calling me selfish. so Im not convinced you read anything, and you clearly didnt comprehend anything. all I am voicing is my support for peoples right to choose. but i disagree strongly.. any persons medical choices for what they do to their own bodies is THEIR choice. your body and your individual rights freedoms opinions and choices is all your truly own these days. if someone is so concerned with the vaccine saving their life then they themselves should get vaccinated and stop blaming other people for stuff thats beyond all of our control
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

but i was pressured by other family to get vaccinated because we have vulnerable family members. I understood that both the vaccine and covid itself pose almost zero threat to me. im only 30, exercise and eat healthy (relatively) and I havent even been sick in 4 years. I didnt want to vax either but I went ahead and did it. but i think its important for people to know that they dont have to do it and shouldnt let scared brainwashed people like PHD pressure them into doing so. if you get vaccinated do it for your own reasons because you chose too. not because we live in a politically divisive climate where people demand you conform to their beleifs
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

and I'm really interested what PHD has to say now. at this point. I'm assuming nothing, if the dumb mother fucker can even read. I even apoligized to him quite awhile ago "sorry didnt mean to upset anyone" but PHD refused to relent and continued to make more of an ass out of himself. while he contined to try to tell me why I should get vaccinated even tho I had already mentioned 3 times that I already have been. so need need to try to be nice at this point