COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
jhawks99
Contributor

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by jhawks99 »

Unfortunately. I think banning standards should be high, but lobby has cleared about any bar.
Defense. Rebounds.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

randylahey wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:42 pm
By taking a neutral stance on something and encouraging people to think for themselves? If half the country feels one way and the other half feels the opposite, its obviously worth considering both sides.
This is the singular most dangerous piece of drivel that has brought us to where we are. Often one side is just plain stupid and ill-informed (eg. flat earth, evolution, vaccination). The proper response to a flat earther isn’t “ok, maybe you’re right…..let’s compromise and agree that the earth is round in the middle and flat on the ends, like a cylinder”. The proper response is “you’re an idiot. Now shut up and go away”. That we didn’t do it for evolution deniers has caused us many problems (cf. Texas).

I’m so glad we’re finally going down this path for antivaxxers of calling out their dangerous position

Oh, PhD ain’t no liberal 😄
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

lobs is so butt-hurt that he had to create a sock to have a friend

:lol:
Deleted User 89

i’m curious who pm’d lobs

illy?

mich?

himself?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Dude, you're melting down in multple threads about a lobster and his sock before 8am (central time....and you're in SLC, right?). I am sincerely not trying to be rude, but you're letting total stranger get the better of you. It's painful to watch.

Now we have mystery PM conspiracy theories...maybe it's time to take a break and just repsond and talk to people you like/agree with on the boreds? I truly think it'll improve your experience around here. You're an easy (and obvious) target for the trolls and you give them exactly what they want.

It's not worth it. So many "real" things to spend your time doing that are much more worthwhile.
Deleted User 89

so it was you

figured it was one of the logic-challenged
Deleted User 863

TraditionKU wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:52 am so it was you

figured it was one of the logic-challenged
I have never PMd lobster or his socks.

You're acting nuts dude. Take a break.
Deleted User 89

illy accusing me of following posters around all day?

Deleted User 89

serious question:

we’re you passed over for hall monitor multiple times in elementary/jr. high?
Deleted User 863

TraditionKU wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:56 am illy accusing me of following posters around all day?

It's what you do almost every single day man. I am not even being rude to you.

What did someone PM him that has you freaking out? PDub is more than welcome to verify my PM history for you. I can assure you whatever has you worked up didn't come from me.
Deleted User 89

nobody is freaking out but you, nancy
Deleted User 863

Oblivious is right.

I tried. Oh well.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TraditionKU wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:56 am illy accusing me of following posters around all day?

Chastising others for following posters around while chastising others for melting down is prime Illy. A comment chastizing people for being woke while also trying to prove he's the "wokest" here would be the cherry on top.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Sigh.
Deleted User 863

I wasn't chastising Trad, and if it appeared that way it wasn't intentional. I just think he'd be happier around here if he didn't allow himself to get so worked up by lobster (and a few select others).

I mean it was like 6am SLC time and he was in multiple threads talking about lobby...and then somehow developed the conspiracy theory that i was messaging lobster things about him (what those things are i have no idea).

Trad is a good dude. Not sure why he allows himself to get sucked into the nonsense day in and day out.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I was in NYC on Saturday night, and: Covid protocols are sort of awesome.

Several of the streets (think 46th between 8th and 9th) are closed off to traffic, and all of the restaurants have popped outdoor seating into the street. It's de facto open container in those areas, which means you can sort of bar hop in a way never before possible in the city.

Hope it stays like that forever.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:57 am I wasn't chastising Trad, and if it appeared that way it wasn't intentional. I just think he'd be happier around here if he didn't allow himself to get so worked up by lobster (and a few select others).

I mean it was like 6am SLC time and he was in multiple threads talking about lobby...and then somehow developed the conspiracy theory that i was messaging lobster things about him (what those things are i have no idea).

Trad is a good dude. Not sure why he allows himself to get sucked into the nonsense day in and day out.
You giving advice on those topics is like me giving advice to people to scroll back and read all the previous posts on a thread before responding to a post.
Deleted User 863

jfish26 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:16 am I was in NYC on Saturday night, and: Covid protocols are sort of awesome.

Several of the streets (think 46th between 8th and 9th) are closed off to traffic, and all of the restaurants have popped outdoor seating into the street. It's de facto open container in those areas, which means you can sort of bar hop in a way never before possible in the city.

A close friend of my wife is a midwife at elmhurst and has said similar things.

Also said during the heart of the pandemic when it was full lockdown that running/biking around the city was super cool/creepy in a way. Like a scene out of I Am Legend. Huge buildings everywhere and almost 0 people in sight.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:26 am
jfish26 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:16 am I was in NYC on Saturday night, and: Covid protocols are sort of awesome.

A close friend of my wife is a midwife at elmhurst and has said similar things.

Also said during the heart of the pandemic when it was full lockdown that running/biking around the city was super cool/creepy in a way. Like a scene out of I Am Legend. Huge buildings everywhere and almost 0 people in sight.
Yeah, a client of mine would go on long bike rides through midtown, just right through Times Square and Columbus Circle and all of the other usual spots, and reported the same.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:17 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:57 am I wasn't chastising Trad, and if it appeared that way it wasn't intentional. I just think he'd be happier around here if he didn't allow himself to get so worked up by lobster (and a few select others).

You giving advice on those topics is like me giving advice to people to scroll back and read all the previous posts on a thread before responding to a post.
LOL there is probably a lot of truth in that, but i genuinely want to get along with Trad on here and don't want to see him letting lobster get to him. It's just not worth it.