COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
zsn
Contributor

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by zsn »

Exactly. As a society we continually evaluate best practices and modify expectations and behavior accordingly. For instance just not too long ago we thought that individuals smoking in separate areas of enclosed spaces was acceptable; then we reconsidered. The same doom-and-gloom alarmists were outraged. They were proven wrong.

Almost the same arguments for vaccines now
Last edited by zsn on Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:09 am But as far as businesses or anyone setting different rules or regulations for non vaccinated people no im strongly against that. Dividing a population and setting different rules for different people is the definition of segregation. Society doesn't need to go backwards. Especially when almost everyone can survive without needing this vaccine
So, “no shoes, no shirt, no service” is out?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I am not threatened. If vaccine mandates or rules were to instituted, they won't affect me, since i am vaccinated. But I still think they are wrong
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:19 am I am not threatened. If vaccine mandates or rules were to instituted, they won't affect me, since i am vaccinated. But I still think they are wrong
And you’d be within your rights to withhold your business from a company that makes rules you disagree with.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

We currently have a political class that openly wants to be able to censor what people say, and restrict their rights to bear arms. A lot of people don't understand why they have those rights. Its to shield us from a corrupt government. Which is what our ancestors fought and died to overcome. And thats exactly what we are faced with today. But its our own government
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

So the longer they cling to this covid situation, the more everyone should really begin to question it. When the bottom line the overwhelming majority either won't catch it, will catch it and have no symptoms, or will catch it have minor symptoms and recovery just fine on their own without a need for a vaccine or medical treatment
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

So covid simply just doesn't justify any infringement on the rights of anyone, vaccinated or not, and the continued use of it politically is alarming. Especially at this point. We are well past the point of reasonable doubt
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

utah just passed a law prohibiting mask mandates in schools

fucking knuckle-draggers
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:24 am So the longer they cling to this covid situation, the more everyone should really begin to question it. When the bottom line the overwhelming majority either won't catch it, will catch it and have no symptoms, or will catch it have minor symptoms and recovery just fine on their own without a need for a vaccine or medical treatment
This willingly glosses over the mutation issue.
Deleted User 89

randylahey wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:26 am So covid simply just doesn't justify any infringement on the rights of anyone, vaccinated or not, and the continued use of it politically is alarming. Especially at this point. We are well past the point of reasonable doubt
pardon me, while i take the opinion of infectious disease experts and epidemiologists over a message board random that traffics in conspiracy theories
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

The CDC recommendations also hold no real merit. This isn't a group with authority. They are not elected officials. Even if they have only the purest of intentions its an overly cautious group of advisors who's overreacting have cause more problems then they solved.

Cancel culture/social media can be blamed for that tho. Businesses were to quick to adhere to "recommendations" for fear of offending anybody and getting canceled by the internet mafia of triggered liberals
Deleted User 89

so which is it? the CDC or cancel culture?

i can’t keep your outrage straight
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

My oldest son starts Kindergarten in a few weeks, would rather him not have to wear a mask due to a bunch of anti-vax idiots prolonging this Pandemic.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:27 am

fucking knuckle-draggers
What difference does that make tho? Anyone in utah that wants to wear a mask still can. They just can't force anyone to. It was the right thing to do. Hopefully kansas does the same
Deleted User 89

this is more than a year old, but was quite prescient

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/ ... ecautions/
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:38 am

fucking knuckle-draggers
What difference does that make tho? Anyone in utah that wants to wear a mask still can. They just can't force anyone to. It was the right thing to do. Hopefully kansas does the same
Wearing a mask isn’t about protecting yourself, good grief.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

sdoyel wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:33 am My oldest son starts Kindergarten in a few weeks, would rather him not have to wear a mask due to a bunch of anti-vax idiots prolonging this Pandemic.
Theres a chance all the "flatten the curve" mandates of mask wearing, social distancing, shutting down the economy, etc, could have prolonged the pandemic too. It would be interesting to theoretically see what would have happened had we let it run its natural course, and where would would be at at this point. (None of us know - nobody get butthurt)
Deleted User 89

randylahey wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:38 am

fucking knuckle-draggers
why stop at masks then?

let all the kids get chicken pox

what’s a little hepatitis a or b?

measles, mumps...no biggie, right?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Wearing a mask was also proven to be minimally effective at best. There were mask mandates everywhere. if it worked it should have shut down the virus correct