COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 89

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by Deleted User 89 »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:40 am this is more than a year old, but was quite prescient

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/ ... ecautions/
randy...you should read this
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

this will go down in history as one of the greatest mismanaged episodes in the history of the world.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

sdoyel wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:33 am My oldest son starts Kindergarten in a few weeks, would rather him not have to wear a mask due to a bunch of anti-vax idiots prolonging this Pandemic.
Starting to look like wishful thinking. We are bracing our little one for having to wear it this fall; so far she doesn't really care. Half the time, we'd get all the way home from pick up and I'd notice that she still had her mask on. I'd tell her it's OK to take it off and she'd just say that she didn't even notice she was still wearing it. The parents claiming that their children are being tortured are just projecting their opinions on their kids.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I find it entertaining how a lot of my posts come from a very neutral perspective. They are mainly meant to be thought provoking. Challenging you to try to see things from different perspectives. And there are still a lot of sensitive people that are just outraged
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Don't trust experts at the CDC. Instead we should elect members of the CDC.

got it. taking notes on all this good stuff.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

randylahey wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:44 am I find it entertaining how a lot of my posts come from a very neutral perspective. They are mainly meant to be thought provoking. Challenging you to try to see things from different perspectives. And there are still a lot of sensitive people that are just outraged
This might be the funniest post in the history of this website.

randylahey

Post by randylahey »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:43 am
TraditionKU wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:40 am this is more than a year old, but was quite prescient

Its usually better to err on the side of caution yeah. We should probably all agree that it was better to over react out of caution than to under react, especially initially. But it doesn't justify overreacting either. Especially when so much politics was clearly tied into it
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

victims of our own success.

Preventing hospitals from being overrun made the virus nbd.

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

randylahey wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:46 am

Its usually better to err on the side of caution yeah. We should probably all agree that it was better to over react out of caution than to under react, especially initially. But it doesn't justify overreacting either. Especially when so much politics was clearly tied into it
Your response shows that you don't understand the point.

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:42 am Wearing a mask was also proven to be minimally effective at best. There were mask mandates everywhere. if it worked it should have shut down the virus correct
People didn’t do it!
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Had this happened in a non election year I would have a different take on this overreaction. But how many people honestly think things would have played out the same in a non election year? Politics is dirty dirty game and a lot changes when wealth and power hang in the balance
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:42 am
randylahey wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:38 am
TraditionKU wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:27 am

utah just passed a law prohibiting mask mandates in schools

fucking knuckle-draggers
What difference does that make tho? Anyone in utah that wants to wear a mask still can. They just can't force anyone to. It was the right thing to do. Hopefully kansas does the same
why stop at masks then?

let all the kids get chicken pox

what’s a little hepatitis a or b?

measles, mumps...no biggie, right?

I hear polio is fun
Defense. Rebounds.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Also, Jesus Christ, I’d get a shot every week over wearing a mask. I hate masks.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:44 am this will go down in history as one of the greatest mismanaged episodes in the history of the world.
So dumb. No it won't. Management of the bubonic plague in the 1300s will never be overtaken. Telling people to go to church to pray away the Black Death, thereby putting every together to ensure they passed the disease to others, will be #1 by a wide margin for the foreseeable future. Estimated 75-200 million deaths, which was around 25% of the world's population. Covid would have to kill 1.9 billion people to match that.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

randylahey wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:42 am Wearing a mask was also proven to be minimally effective at best. There were mask mandates everywhere. if it worked it should have shut down the virus correct
Washing hands is very good at preventing rapid spread of diseases. When doctors started doing it, deaths dropped significantly. It didn't shut down infectious diseases.

Masks reduce the rate of transmission, they were never and could never shut down the virus, that's crazy talk. But if the average sick person only infects 1 person instead of 5 people that's a huge thing. And that's more or less what happened at least initially when mask ordinances were taken seriously. Don't know your level of understanding of logarithms or exponents, but that's an enormous difference.

But I do love the way you make an opening declarative statement as fact, with nothing to back it up, and then by sentence 3 you make it clear to everyone that you don't know what you're talking about.

Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

randylahey wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:48 am Had this happened in a non election year I would have a different take on this overreaction. But how many people honestly think things would have played out the same in a non election year? Politics is dirty dirty game and a lot changes when wealth and power hang in the balance
yes, if so many on the right hadn’t called it a hoax and overtly politicized it, many more would likely be willing to adhere to mitigation measures and get vaccinated

instead, the “but, my rights” crowd was coddled, given a platform and made to believe that their personal choices were more important than public health...their (your) ignorance/opinion is not as valid as the facts available
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:49 am Also, Jesus Christ, I’d get a shot every week over wearing a mask. I hate masks.
On average, people are a lot better looking with the masks on.

Another positive of the mandates.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

If you recall the left encouraged protesting during the shutdowns. So how does that fit into the narrative? Encouraging large groups to gather
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:53 am
randylahey wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:48 am Had this happened in a non election year I would have a different take on this overreaction. But how many people honestly think things would have played out the same in a non election year? Politics is dirty dirty game and a lot changes when wealth and power hang in the balance
yes, if so many on the right hadn’t called it a hoax and overtly politicized it, many more would likely be willing to adhere to mitigation measures and get vaccinated

instead, the “but, my rights” crowd was coddled, given a platform and made to believe that their personal choices were more important than public health...their (your) ignorance/opinion is not as valid as the facts available
Come on. Dont pretend this hasnt been politicized by everyone. Yea the right politicized it. The left grabbed thst snd politicized it too. Everybody has politicized the fuck out if from the get go.

Everybody is politicizing the fuck out id everything in this country. Its a big reason we're headed down the road we are, divide and conquer.
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:08 pm If you recall the left encouraged protesting during the shutdowns. So how does that fit into the narrative? Encouraging large groups to gather
The vapid talking point train is exhausting.