Kids

Coffee talk.
MICHHAWK

Re: Kids

Post by MICHHAWK »

soccer is the best team sports for the girls.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

It's not my favorite. It takes until they're damn close to high school to look like a real sport.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

pdub wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 9:34 am
TDub wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 8:56 am my son had his first ever soccer game this weekend.

It's been a battle trying to get him to participate in practice and focus on anything....he claims to hate soccer, only likes basketball and track and wants to switch to flag football next year when he's old enough.

to my surprise...he Allen Iversoned it and turned it on for game time. played hard, focused...was aggressive. and scored a hat trick.

now he likes soccer and next practice he was focused and participated fully...lol kids....

that's it. that's the whole story. thanks for listening.
Love it.
I can't get minibud to be into soccer yet...don't want to force it on her.
In my mind she'd already be dribbling, shooting and juggling by now but obviously was not realistic.
I think he just really likes to win. Which is good and bad of course.

in 4ish years of playing every sport, my daughter has never once asked what the score was, or if they won.

In his first competitive event ever, my sons first words to me after the game were "did we win? where's the scoreboard? I had 3, friend had 2, other teammate had 1, 2, and 1, so we had 9...what did they have?

it's just interesting to see how their personalities differ in what they view as a "win"
Just Ledoux it