COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
zsn
Contributor

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by zsn »

randylahey wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:32 pm But most people that won't want the covid vaccine is because it once again boils down to the fact if you are relatively healthy covid poses almost 0 risk to you
This is the biggest bunch of excrement out there. My really good friend who was a multiple Iron Man event winner was among the first people in Santa Clara County to catch the bug in Mar 20. One of the healthiest guys you’re ever going to encounter. Back when people were just murmuring about how bad this was he caught it. Ended up the ICU and stayed there for over 100 days. Several times we thought the worst. He got out after about 4+ months in the hospital as a shell of himself, literally and figuratively. His story was featured in local news and national media.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

If the ONLY symptom of covid19 was losing your sense of smell and taste, that's serious enough for me to get the vaccine.

Who the fuck wants that shit? and it occurs in 86% of the cases.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If someone said, pick a card from this deck. If it’s a two of clubs you are dead. If it’s a two of any other suit, you’re going to get sick and have to go to the hospital.

Now, if you take this shot, you can take the twos from that deck and put them in these ten decks which each have all the twos removed from them.

Are you cool with just drawing from the first deck?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

PhDhawk wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:08 pm
ousdahl wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:17 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:29 pm

The extent to which russia had control over Trump. I'm pretty sure most libs would believe just about anything they were told about Putin having leverage on Trump.

There were a lot of Dems who thought the 2000 and 2016 elections were frauds.

I think with things like environmental issues, Dems would be more likely to believe in conspiracies and nefarious plots.

Half of Sparko's political posts.

Those are some examples.

But then you have shit like the moon landing is fake, or that fluoride in the water is for mind control that I don't think are unique to one party. Or, before now, anti-vax.
Conspiracy is defined as “a secret plan to do something that is harmful or unlawful”

So how is the whole Russia thing a conspiracy - at least in the context of leftists? I guess you perceive it as a witch-hunt; just some plot to make Trump look bad? What if there is some Russia connection? Heck, even the Russians have admitted as much. The Mueller report is still largely redacted too.

And yeah the Dems fussed about the 00 and 16 elections, but did they actually plot anything that was harmful or unlawful? I remember some pussies saying we shouldn’t certify the electoral votes or whatever, but I don’t recall any of that shit actually going down.

Regarding environmental issues, many on the right think things like climate change are just a lib hoax, but what’s the left’s conspiratorial angle?

And trying to keep this not too pols boredy and on topic here - do you perceive any message or rhetoric from the left as some plan to do something harmful or unlawful in the context of covid vaccinations? Or of public health precautions such as masks?
Trump/Russia is Def real, but there are Dems who believe ANYTHING on that front.

Environment: govt intentionally poisoning us with heavy metals for mind control.

I get it ousy. You can spin any response to make team ousey seem less bad, or whatever and you can feel good about yourself again. But I answered your question about leftists having their own whacky conspiracy type theories. But feel free to explain how team ousey does it better.

The craziest shit I ever heard from the left was that rich people conspired to be pro-life to ensure they had future generations of cheap labor. That's dumber that the flat earthers.

I didn’t realize Dems will believe ANYTHING about Trump/Russia. And the fact you acknowledge it’s def real. I’m tempted to ask about the ANYTHING and how much effect it’s actually had on actual Trump Russia matters, but that’s quite the tangent. Maybe we could try to compare/contrast how much effect the anti-vax conspiracies have had on the covid pandemic, but dunno if that’s worth much either.

And I’m not real privy to the whole gummint heavy metal mind control thing, and def didn’t know it was a conspiracy, nor that it was embraced overwhelmingly by the left, it but guess I’ll take your word for it. If there’s some greater context or link between that and the covid discussion, maybe that’s worth sharing, but still.

other than that, I struggle to understand whether these examples are analogous quite in the way you view them to be. Thanks for doing it tho.

And I get this much now too - that you too can apparently get caught up in some “team” mentality, and that I’m on some team other than yours.

It doesn’t have to be like that. It’s not like that. That sort of thinking is toxic. If your intent is to sincerely discuss here, please do away with that shit…that is, unless, you intent is really just to amuse illy, in which case keep it up bro cuz you’re killing it.

And if you’ve had a bad day, I feel for you bro, I really do, cuz I too would be upset if my secretary quit after delivering breakfast.

(It was either that or end with some pun about which heavy metal album the gummint uses for mind control the most)
Last edited by ousdahl on Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:29 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:08 pm The craziest shit I ever heard from the left was that rich people conspired to be pro-life to ensure they had future generations of cheap labor. That's dumber that the flat earthers.
I've been waiting for you to bust that out for hours.....well played.
I wish my posts would live on across the entire internet as long as they do inside your guys’s heads.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:06 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:08 pm The craziest shit I ever heard from the left was that rich people conspired to be pro-life to ensure they had future generations of cheap labor. That's dumber that the flat earthers.
I wish my posts would live on across the entire internet as long as they do inside your guys’s heads.
Something that epically dumb lives on forever. 🤣

But really, if you'd have just used your typical tactic of turning whatever statement you're trying to make into a question then you'd have had plausible deniability.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:27 pm
ousdahl wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:06 pm

Something that epically dumb lives on forever. 🤣

But really, if you'd have just used your typical tactic of turning whatever statement you're trying to make into a question then you'd have had plausible deniability.
Hes gonna pretend he wasnt serious now. Geez, dont take everything he says for reals bro.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

for reals bro.

I even tried to say it wasn’t some bigger conspiracy, it’s just that there’s a lot of economic angles to discuss here, but you guys were less interested in discussion and more interested in some epically dumb gotcha moment.

Howsabout we take this to the qt thread.
Deleted User 863

Pipe down tough guy. Nobody is heading to the gas station thread. 🙊
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

not any more, at least.

did you see the kinda weapons team ousey came to play with?!
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Another thing people are not factoring into these statistics is how horribly unhealthy Americans are to begin with. The average American diet is utter garbage. Why I never hear any officials promoting exercise and healthy eating is beyond me. Thats your best defense. Keeping your immune system strong. I'll say it again if you are relatively healthy covid poses little to no threat to you
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

And if you are not relatively healthy maybe you should take steps to become that way
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:22 pm And if you are not relatively healthy maybe you should take steps to become that way
Go tune into a Trump rally on YouTube and tell me what percentage of people in the crowd are likely making good health decisions outside of vaccinations.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

twocoach wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:34 pm
randylahey wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:22 pm And if you are not relatively healthy maybe you should take steps to become that way
Go tune into a Trump rally on YouTube and tell me what percentage of people in the crowd are likely making good health decisions outside of vaccinations.
Trump himself lives on McDonalds and guzzles about 12 Diet Cokes a day. If he makes it to 2024 it will be a miracle.

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 863

sdoyel wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:36 pm I’m down.

https://twitter.com/iammoniqueheart/sta ... 42849?s=21
Familiar with inflation at all?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

sdoyel wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:36 pm I’m down.

https://twitter.com/iammoniqueheart/sta ... 42849?s=21
Yea....lets print another trillion out of thin air. Just what we need!
Just Ledoux it
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

randylahey wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:20 pm Another thing people are not factoring into these statistics is how horribly unhealthy Americans are to begin with. The average American diet is utter garbage. Why I never hear any officials promoting exercise and healthy eating is beyond me. Thats your best defense. Keeping your immune system strong. I'll say it again if you are relatively healthy covid poses little to no threat to you
Nope.

The vaccine is. Fact.

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

NBA legend Charles Barkley: ‘The only people who are not vaccinated are just a--holes’

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/27/charles ... nated.html