Top 3 in your city

Coffee talk.
DeletedUser

Re: Top 3 in your city

Post by DeletedUser »

I am a really big fried chicken fan (bone in, strips, whatever), so there that. I've never met a chicken tender I didn't like. I also like spicy stuff. I get their extra hot (a step below the reaper). It's probably too much for some. I had a bit of forehead sweat today while consuming it. I dont get there very often, as they are few and far between. But thankfully I travel around enough to hit a city with one every now and then.

I'd give Dave's a solid 8.2 out of 10 on my fried chicken scale.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DeletedUser wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 5:41 pm I am a really big fried chicken fan (bone in, strips, whatever), so there that. I've never met a chicken tender I didn't like. I also like spicy stuff. I get their extra hot (a step below the reaper). It's probably too much for some. I had a bit of forehead sweat today while consuming it. I dont get there very often, as they are few and far between. But thankfully I travel around enough to hit a city with one every now and then.

So - for what it is - Jack in the Box's spicy chicken strips are legitimately good. Actually hot (to me at least), and I like a kick in the forehead.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 6:22 pm
DeletedUser wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 5:41 pm I am a really big fried chicken fan (bone in, strips, whatever), so there that. I've never met a chicken tender I didn't like. I also like spicy stuff. I get their extra hot (a step below the reaper). It's probably too much for some. I had a bit of forehead sweat today while consuming it. I dont get there very often, as they are few and far between. But thankfully I travel around enough to hit a city with one every now and then.

So - for what it is - Jack in the Box's spicy chicken strips are legitimately good. Actually hot (to me at least), and I like a kick in the forehead.
Never had jack in the box......next time I'm in a town with one I'll give them a try!
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

I can’t speak to this particular menu item, but I’ve been to Jack in the Box twice. And that’s enough times for me.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

And question: do you all make homemade chicken strips? So so easy, delicious, and way cheaper than getting them out (yeah I know it’s probably a grab and go lunch option, and makes sense when at work, etc).

I actually do a tarragon chicken salad with a beer batter for time to time at home. Super yummy.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

You know who used to have a great chicken tender basket?
Jeffersons on Mass.

You know who now sucks at everything they do?
Jeffersons on Mass.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i’m shocked (and cringe) when i hear that recruits and their families get taken there
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 6:48 pm And question: do you all make homemade chicken strips? So so easy, delicious, and way cheaper than getting them out (yeah I know it’s probably a grab and go lunch option, and makes sense when at work, etc).

I actually do a tarragon chicken salad with a beer batter for time to time at home. Super yummy.
I am a shitty cook. Haven't mastered frying things, although I only try occasionally.

Whats your method: Deep frier? Cast iron? Oil type/temp?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

DeletedUser wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 6:34 pm
jfish26 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 6:22 pm

Never had jack in the box......next time I'm in a town with one I'll give them a try!
Probably close to a million restaurants in the USA.
Jack in the Box chicken strips being discussed on the Top 3 in your city thread.
Hey, I get it. People like what they like. One man's treasure is another man's trash.
Speaking of Top 3 and chicken.....
There is a grocery store near me that sells "boneless" chicken wings at their deli counter. They typically make them 3 different ways. I feel one way sucks balls, one way is fair at best, one way is fricking awesome. My guess is if 3 different people on here ate them, they would all rank them differently than I would.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 7:10 pm You know who used to have a great chicken tender basket?
Jeffersons on Mass.

Jeffersons on Mass.
Only had them once way back in the day, but yes they were good.

As an out of towner who was primarily a Saturday game attendee, we had our routine that didn't usually include Jeffersons. We had to pick and choose our spots. Especially with family in KC and almost always staying in KC at their house or a hotel near P&L.

For morning/early afternoon games we'd drive in the night before. Breakfast was usually Munchers because my dad loves doughnuts. We liked pregame drinks at the Eldridge. Walk down Mass. Park at Islamic Center (or whatever it's called). Quick walk to AFH. Then we'd hit KC BBQ spots for dinner with my family in KC.

If it was a night game we'd usually just drive in the day of and go straight to AFH. Then get a late dinner in KC. Wake up next day, visit family for a bit, KC BBQ lunch, drive home.

Jeffersons was always a shit show on game days iirc. Same with free state. And we preferred free state if we were going to eat on Mass before or after games in that type of busy atmosphere.
Last edited by DeletedUser on Mon Aug 05, 2024 7:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 7:26 pm Probably close to a million restaurants in the USA.
Jack in the Box chicken strips being discussed on the Top 3 in your city thread.
I didn't think I needed to create an entire new thread for fried chicken or chicken strips. Top 3 in your City was the most relevant thread I saw on the first page or 2 of off topic so I rolled with it.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

DeletedUser wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 7:28 pm
pdub wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 7:10 pm You know who used to have a great chicken tender basket?
Jeffersons on Mass.

Jeffersons on Mass.
Only had them once way back in the day, but yes they were good.

As an out of towner who was primarily a Saturday game attendee, we had our routine that didn't usually include Jeffersons. We had to pick and choose our spots. Especially with family in KC and almost always staying in KC at their house or a hotel near P&L.

For morning/early afternoon games we liked pregame drinks at the Eldridge. Walk down Mass. Park at Islamic Center (or whatever it's called). Quick walk to AFH. Then we'd hit KC BBQ spots for dinner with my family in KC.

If it was a night game we'd usually just drive in the day of and go straight to AFH. Then get a late dinner in KC. Wake up next day, visit family for a bit, KC BBQ lunch, drive home.

Jeffersons was always a shit show on game days iirc. Same with free state. And we preferred free state if we were going to eat on Mass before or after games.
In college we swore by Jefferson's. Ate there probably every other week from September to April.
Thousands of dollars spent there - the peak being the 2008 Final Four when we spent 2 days there from 9 AM until the games were over ( UNC / Memphis ).

Then in 2012, for the Final Four, with new management, they said if you wanted to stay at a table you had to spend 700 dollars, so whatever you didn't spend up until that point, they were going to charge you. To customers who had been there, I dunno, over 80 times.

Fuck that noise.
I blame Jefferson's for loosing to Kentucky in 2012.
The day that place goes under is a great day for Lawrence Kansas.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Worst 3 in the city, Lawrence Kansas.

1. Jefferson's

2. Burger King on 6th and Missouri
3. Mrs. E's Express

( Long John Silver would have placed on this list if it was still open )
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Knights Inn has to be one of the 3 worst Lawrence hotels. I stayed there once. It was sketchy as fuck. Not sure if it's still there. Hopefully not.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Knights Inn is not good in any city, anywhere, at any time. I've never been in or seen a decent one
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

also, back to chicken. I like popcorn chicken. Nobody has popcorn chicken anymore except for random "specials". dumb.

Also, of note, KFCs chicken has slipped quite a bit since the 90s. Although, they by far have the best kids nuggets. By best, I mean, it appears to be actual chicken.
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

TDub wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:16 pm also, back to chicken. I like popcorn chicken. Nobody has popcorn chicken anymore except for random "specials". dumb.

Also, of note, KFCs chicken has slipped quite a bit since the 90s. Although, they by far have the best kids nuggets. By best, I mean, it appears to be actual chicken.
you probably don’t have them out there, but i think Sonic still does
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:44 pm
TDub wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:16 pm also, back to chicken. I like popcorn chicken. Nobody has popcorn chicken anymore except for random "specials". dumb.

you probably don’t have them out there, but i think Sonic still does
man I haven't had Sonic in....20? years.

We used to get the cherry limeades often, great ice.
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I miss Sonic.
I get a cherry limeade and tots every time I come back.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Top 3 Inspire Brand/s restaurants in YOUR city? These are your choices.

Arby's
Baskin-Robbins
Buffalo Wild Wings
Dunkin' Donuts
Jimmy John's
Mister Donut
Sonic Drive-In
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.