COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 89

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by Deleted User 89 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:10 pm if you are vaxxed you have nothing to worry about.

i am vaxxed. i have nothing to worry about. other than what's for dinner tonight.
false, at least for everyone other than one’s self

Delta viral load (and transmissibility) can be just as high in vaxxed as it can in unvaxxed

being vaxxed just reduced chance if serious disease, hospitalization and death

but don’t let facts bother you, mich...i know they never do
shindig

Post by shindig »

So I'm planning a short trip to NYC in early September to see some buddies, what's the status up there? I'm vaxxed, but if there's another mask mandate, not sure I want to deal with it. Also direct flights out of KCI fvcking suck. I haven't booked a flight yet, but I refuse to fly to Denver or Houston out of KCI, then on to Laguardia or JFK. Plan to fly out 9/1.
Deleted User 89

shindig wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:16 pm So I'm planning a short trip to NYC in early September to see some buddies, what's the status up there? I'm vaxxed, but if there's another mask mandate, not sure I want to deal with it. Also direct flights out of KCI fvcking suck. I haven't booked a flight yet, but I refuse to fly to Denver or Houston out of KCI, then on to Laguardia or JFK. Plan to fly out 9/1.
jmo, but it’s still too far out to know for sure what things will be like anywhere in two months

i’m trying to plan a trip back to KS to see family this fall, but am holding off as long as possible until the situation becomes clearer

i’m fortunate though in that i’m driving
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:14 pm being vaxxed just reduced chance if serious disease, hospitalization and death
exactly. it is working exactly as it is supposed to. it is doing exactly what they told us.

"get vaxxed, stay safe. you can get back to normal." is what they said months ago.

they did not say......"get vaxxed, wear you mask, don't go indoors."

it is working exactly as they said it would. so they can phucque off.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

TDub wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:58 pm Im vaccinated dumbass
I just noticed this. It was certainly not what I was suggesting--TDub was however defending the freedom of the unvaccinated to go around utterly, blithely, and angrily dumbassed.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Sparko wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:34 pm
TDub wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:58 pm Im vaccinated dumbass
I just noticed this. It was certainly not what I was suggesting--TDub was however defending the freedom of the unvaccinated to go around utterly, blithely, and angrily dumbassed.
I am 100% against forceful vaccination by the government, and any sort of vaccine passport, if thats what you mean....yes.
Just Ledoux it
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I have an honest question for you to consider. What is the real goal at this point? To the people in support of more lockdowns, masks/vaccine mandates, doesn't maintaining a normal society have to rank high on the list. Giving our children (who covid poses almost zero risk to) a normal upbringing has to become a top objective moving forward
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

We could've maintained a normal society all along. Yes some people would have gotten sick and died. But thats always been the case and always will
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

And it still happened anyways
Deleted User 89

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:30 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:14 pm being vaxxed just reduced chance if serious disease, hospitalization and death
exactly. it is working exactly as it is supposed to. it is doing exactly what they told us.

"get vaxxed, stay safe. you can get back to normal." is what they said months ago.

they did not say......"get vaxxed, wear you mask, don't go indoors."

it is working exactly as they said it would. so they can phucque off.
troll
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

randylahey wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:46 pm Giving our children (who covid poses almost zero risk to) a normal upbringing has to become a top objective moving forward
the damage that we are voluntarily inflicting on the children is mind boggling.

my grandson had his 4th grade year abruptly cut short. his 5th grade year completely upside down. now they are preparing the parents for an upside down 6th grade year. the teachers unions are the biggest villian, of all the villians, of the last 18 months.

my grandson had his first year squirt hockey season abruptly cut short. his second year squirt hockey season completely upside down. now they preparing the parents for an upside down first year peewee season.

my grandson had no spring soccer season in 2020. fall soccer season 2020 he had to wear a mask to play soccer outdoors. spring 2021 season they had to wear a mask to play soccer outdoors. who knows what the fall 2021 season brings.

Deleted User 89

man, imagine how much worse it must be for these parents

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronaviru ... est-death/
Deleted User 89

if wearing a mask might save just one life, isn’t it worth it?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:03 pm
randylahey wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:46 pm Giving our children (who covid poses almost zero risk to) a normal upbringing has to become a top objective moving forward

my grandson had his 4th grade year abruptly cut short. his 5th grade year completely upside down. now they are preparing the parents for an upside down 6th grade year. the teachers unions are the biggest villian, of all the villians, of the last 18 months.

my grandson had his first year squirt hockey season abruptly cut short. his second year squirt hockey season completely upside down. now they preparing the parents for an upside down first year peewee season.

my grandson had no spring soccer season in 2020. fall soccer season 2020 he had to wear a mask to play soccer outdoors. spring 2021 season they had to wear a mask to play soccer outdoors. who knows what the fall 2021 season brings.

I truly hope at your grandson is able to put these atrocities behind him, and go on to lead a healthy, happy life.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Club soccer with a mask on. When will this national nightmare end?
shindig

Post by shindig »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:28 pm
shindig wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:16 pm So I'm planning a short trip to NYC in early September to see some buddies, what's the status up there? I'm vaxxed, but if there's another mask mandate, not sure I want to deal with it. Also direct flights out of KCI fvcking suck. I haven't booked a flight yet, but I refuse to fly to Denver or Houston out of KCI, then on to Laguardia or JFK. Plan to fly out 9/1.
jmo, but it’s still too far out to know for sure what things will be like anywhere in two months

i’m trying to plan a trip back to KS to see family this fall, but am holding off as long as possible until the situation becomes clearer

i’m fortunate though in that i’m driving
Yeah, probably hold off for a week or two. Flights right now are so unpredictable with lack of pilots and flight attendants. A buddy of mine flew to Houston a few weeks ago for work and his flight out was canceled due to the airline being short of flight attendants. He ended up spending the night at Hobby because they re-booked him for a 6am flight the next morning...lol. He wasn't happy. Almost seems more a pain right now.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:10 pm if you are vaxxed you have nothing to worry about.

i am vaxxed. i have nothing to worry about. other than what's for dinner tonight.
If you live where Tdub does and the emergency room is full, you might worry about getting in an accident or having any type of treatable ailment that requires you to go to a hospital/emergency room.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Wiff

Post by Wiff »

randylahey wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:46 pm I have an honest question for you to consider. What is the real goal at this point?
LOL. Holy shit.
Ain't no seats
Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

Overlander wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:11 pm

I truly hope at your grandson is able to put these atrocities behind him, and go on to lead a healthy, happy life.
You beat me to it!
My mother got fucked over by the second world war. She went on to live a mostly happy 70+ years after the war.
Let's all hope MICH'S Grandson is going to be ok - because he had to wear a mask and his hockey and soccer seasons were cut short.

Hey MICH, if you need/want to feel better about things why don't you and your grandson come visit me in Chicago and let me take you to Lurie Children's Hospital and introduce you to the kids who are cancer victims - before they die.
Then after that, perhaps we can stop by Shirley Ryan rehab center and I can introduce you to the kids who have had severe illnesses and massive injuries and are missing limbs.
When we are done there we can go to the mental health center and sit in on a support meeting with those who lost their children (their kids died).
In other words, while the last year and half sucked and I can be (and am) somewhat sympathetic, obviously it could have been much worse.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Sorry to hear that. I didn't see this before posting in the kids thread but these are the kind of things i wondered about and was worried about.