COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I do like to give psych shit on here but agree with all of that.

Ridiculous not to rec masks from the beginning. Even saw some shaming of people wearing masks early on, then it flips.

But, I have some friends that get so worked up about what their neighbors, community members are or are not doing. There's enough stress going around without worrying what the hell others are doing. KC Police had to send out a tweet for people to stop calling 911 on others for not being inside their house. Stop snitchin'.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 12:55 pm I do like to give psych shit on here but agree with all of that.

Ridiculous not to rec masks from the beginning. Even saw some shaming of people wearing masks early on, then it flips.

But, I have some friends that get so worked up about what their neighbors, community members are or are not doing. There's enough stress going around without worrying what the hell others are doing. KC Police had to send out a tweet for people to stop calling 911 on others for not being inside their house. Stop snitchin'.
The whole "people should have the absolute right to choose for themselves" thing sort of falls apart when people make shitty decisions that endanger trees of others.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

You know that I absolutely agree with the regulations and think it's selfish of people to act reckless.

Hell, the latter is why you need regulations and things like stay-at-home orders.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 1:12 pm You know that I absolutely agree with the regulations and think it's selfish of people to act reckless.

Hell, the latter is why you need regulations and things like stay-at-home orders.
It's also 100% justifiable for local leaders to say, "don't like it? Take it up with your Senator."
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

After listening to the younger woman in front of me in the aisle at the grocery store in the formerly most redneck town in my county, I'd be more worried about the ladies than the GI Joes. She and her husband were both wearing masks and she was quite tall and looked like she batted clean up in high school and was complaining that some guy had gotten too close, "butt to butt," at the meat counter.

I wouldn't tangle with her, especially if I were a shorter guy that she could lean down and cough on quite easily.
Don't inject Lysol.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Until we have enough efficacious antibody tests to know otherwise, or, have a vaccine, take the attitude that you and everyone else has the virus, and act accordingly.

Household members, excepted.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Had a conversation with my sister about an hour ago. My brother in law has a licensed physical therapist who practices mostly in Virginia. She was going to assisted living facilities and was NOT being tested. Now she is going to to some "facility" to work with COVID-19 positive patients and she is NOT getting tested. She has a family to go home to everyday. I mean, WTF?
There is such a lack of a plan for testing in this country - it's fucking mind boggling.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Grandma wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 3:13 pm Had a conversation with my sister about an hour ago. My brother in law has a licensed physical therapist who practices mostly in Virginia. She was going to assisted living facilities and was NOT being tested. Now she is going to to some "facility" to work with COVID-19 positive patients and she is NOT getting tested. She has a family to go home to everyday. I mean, WTF?
There is such a lack of a plan for testing in this country - it's fucking mind boggling.
I don’t know if you heard, but there’s a shortage of tests. Maybe she’s not at the top of the priority list.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

HouseDivided wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 5:12 pm
Grandma wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 3:13 pm Had a conversation with my sister about an hour ago. My brother in law has a licensed physical therapist who practices mostly in Virginia. She was going to assisted living facilities and was NOT being tested. Now she is going to to some "facility" to work with COVID-19 positive patients and she is NOT getting tested. She has a family to go home to everyday. I mean, WTF?
I don’t know if you heard, but there’s a shortage of tests. Maybe she’s not at the top of the priority list.
Yes HD, I have heard there is a shortage of tests. I have posted several things regarding the shortage of tests.
Obviously she is not at the "top of the priority list".
What she is - is a CARE GIVER who MAY have been positive with the virus and was working with HIGH RISK patients.
Now she is working with people who are POSITIVE for/with Coronavirus.
Am I supposed to say I'm sorry for feeling she's someone who is deserving of a test for HER safety and for OTHER'S safety?
I MIGHT feel a LITTLE less aggravated if our President admitted to a shortage of tests instead of boasting about the amount of testing, and anybody who needs a test gets a test, and blah, blah, blah.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

no shortage at the White House.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

The lack of tests is the saddest part.

I thought testing was a big big part of why we were buying ourselves time by shutting down two months ago, but here we are.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Mainly we were buying time for the hospitals to not surge past capacity
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I did see somewhere that its showing up in seminal fluid. Thats an odd thing for a respiratory virus isnt it?
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Dammit. All of this in the wrong thread
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 7:27 pm Mainly we were buying time for the hospitals to not surge past capacity
Good point, I suppose we reacted okay enough to not overwhelming hospitals.

But how much have we proactively done besides that? Kindly suggest the beaverfevers wear a mask?

I think if Merica would have had a more substantive plan in place sooner than later, there wouldn’t be so much unrest about wtf are we supposed to do now.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 7:41 pm I did see somewhere that its showing up in seminal fluid. Thats an odd thing for a respiratory virus isnt it?
Shit for real? need to confirm.

Asking for a friend.

Okay okay, for a friend’s mom...
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The whole nonmask shaming deal is a microcosm of America currently.

One side is saying, hey we know what is best for you, how dare you think for yourself!

The other, how dare you give me advice, I’ll do something that could be dumb just to prove you wrong.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

That’s a good illustration.

with perhaps the biggest difference between the two sides being, only one trying to think of everyone else.