Totally random thread

Coffee talk.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Totally random thread

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Sad the things that blew my mind the most on Assassination Attempt thread this morning were Psych's sports related comments.

"My daughter will not play soccer. We don't do that".
* So if Psych's daughter went to a friend's house, they decided to get some other girls and go to a park, and play soccer - what would he do?
If his daughter decided SHE would like to play soccer to interact with other girls, and told HIM that SHE would like to use it as a tool to make new friends, get exercise, gain confidence in herself, learn about teamwork and responsibilities, and have fun, Psych wouldn't allow it and would lock her in her bedroom?

"Not liking the most boring and pointless game in existence".
* "Boring and pointless" to HIM! Is SHE not allowed to decide? Perhaps it may be exciting and meaningful to her. Meanwhile, it seems Psych is going to convince her that HIS opinion should be HER opinion.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 12:29 pm Sad the things that blew my mind the most on Assassination Attempt thread this morning were Psych's sports related comments.

* So if Psych's daughter went to a friend's house, they decided to get some other girls and go to a park, and play soccer - what would he do?
If his daughter decided SHE would like to play soccer to interact with other girls, and told HIM that SHE would like to use it as a tool to make new friends, get exercise, gain confidence in herself, learn about teamwork and responsibilities, and have fun, Psych wouldn't allow it and would lock her in her bedroom?

* "Boring and pointless" to HIM! Is SHE not allowed to decide? Perhaps it may be exciting and meaningful to her. Meanwhile, it seems Psych is going to convince her that HIS opinion should be HER opinion.
Allow Psych to clarify:

I would not forbid her. I would go to her games, swallow my revulsion, and cheer for her. Heck, I endured three years of sitting in Bill Snyder Family Stadium watching my older son and feeling like I was going to vomit the whole time, so this would not compare.

I am not going to encourage her to play, though. I will continue to offer alternatives and encourage those. Her mother was a cross country and track athlete, so she can do that. I played and loved basketball and tennis, so I will encourage her and play those with her. Athletics are an amazing socialization tool and promote physical and emotional health.

I don't rule with an iron fist, but I offer my opinion and my preferences. I don't think it's any different than people saying "My son will never play football because I think it's too dangerous."

But, hey, don't let that get in the way of the portrait of the monstrous, evil, misogynistic father you all were in the process of painting.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

your posts and posting history speak for themselves
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"My daughter will not play soccer. We don't do that."

Now how would gutter ( or the rest of us ) get from there to your more recent clarification?
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

pdub wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 1:18 pm "My daughter will not play soccer. We don't do that."

Now how would gutter ( or the rest of us ) get from there to your more recent clarification?
It should come as no surprise that I am prone to hyperbole when annoyed. A more accurate rendering might have been: “If I have my strong preferences, my daughter will not play soccer. As Americans, we have much better options where sports are concerned.”
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

First sentence, "If I have my..." fine.
Second sentence, "As Americans..." mouthbreather standard copy paste repeat.

It blares I am scared of the entire world and change and only want the comfort of things I am used to.
It's extremely on brand - like right out of the factory.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

pdub wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 2:02 pm First sentence, "If I have my..." fine.
Second sentence, "As Americans..." mouthbreather standard copy paste repeat.

It blares I am scared of the entire world and change and only want the comfort of things I am used to.
It's extremely on brand - like right out of the factory.
I don’t have your admiration and approval? Color me surprised!

Alas, I shall endeavor to carry on nonetheless.

(Deep, plaintive sigh.)
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

JKLivin wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 12:38 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 12:29 pm Sad the things that blew my mind the most on Assassination Attempt thread this morning were Psych's sports related comments.

Allow Psych to clarify:

I would not forbid her. I would go to her games, swallow my revulsion, and cheer for her. Heck, I endured three years of sitting in Bill Snyder Family Stadium watching my older son and feeling like I was going to vomit the whole time, so this would not compare.

I am not going to encourage her to play, though. I will continue to offer alternatives and encourage those. Her mother was a cross country and track athlete, so she can do that. I played and loved basketball and tennis, so I will encourage her and play those with her. Athletics are an amazing socialization tool and promote physical and emotional health.

I don't rule with an iron fist, but I offer my opinion and my preferences. I don't think it's any different than people saying "My son will never play football because I think it's too dangerous."

But, hey, don't let that get in the way of the portrait of the monstrous, evil, misogynistic father you all were in the process of painting.
Thanks for clarifying! My sincere hope is it was more for your sake and benefit than it was for mine.
P.S. I wasn't judging ("painting") you as being a "monstrous, evil, misogynistic father". I was thinking to myself it's unfortunate that I am not a father, and wondering if and when I set boundaries and limits for my child, would I be able to make decisions and differentiate between what I truly felt was best for my child and what I was being overly selfish about in regards to my own interests.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

so Zoom - yes, that Zoom - is making their remote workers return to the office.

fucking Zoom!
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

“ Alas, I shall endeavor to carry on nonetheless.”

Cuntiest thing ever posted on this site? It’s gotta be top 3.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I'm gonna go all gutter here for a minute and bitch and moan about my life specifically....fuck summer all the way around.

Left for "vacation" (visiting family) 4 days ago. Day 1, the pass is closed due to a wreck....the alternate route added 3 hrs to the trip. A 9 hour drive took us 12.5. Hotel was double booked, moved to a smaller room...whatever...but...still.
On the way back we drive 2 hours out od the way to visit some caves....the last cave tour is supposed to go at 6pm. We arrive at 5pm. Buy tickets. wander around....at 5:45 they tell us they forgot they are having a private tour at 6 and they aren't doing more tours. So....yea, cool.

Hotel #2. horrible, won't go into detail but I'm not a person that generally cares about a hotel....I sleep there and I leave. This was atrocious.

Get home late tonight. At some point in the last 4 days. Somebody stole my leather carpenter bags, my occidental set up I had on the side of the shop. No idea how anyone would've even known they were there. $600 set of bags, plus probably $350 worth of tools in them. fuck right off. My cameras apparently picked up nothing?

Also, at some point in the last 4 days my heat pump decide now was the perfect time to take a shit. It's 93 inside my house. I'm resetting breakers, checking fuses and replacing filters all to no avail so far.

It's hot, I'm not very happy, summer fucking blows.

So now tomorrow's gonna be a long stupid fucking day. I have to go to work, and also figure out where to send my family since it's gonna be 104, and also figure out where to find a new way pump in the middle of July and get it installed and set up so we have some goddamn heat relief.

Oh, also, one of my cats, George, good damn cat. Just wandered off the morning we left and bothered has been no sign of him since.

I'm gonna lose it shortly.
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

TDub wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 11:29 pm I'm gonna go all gutter here for a minute and bitch and moan about my life specifically....fuck summer all the way around.

Left for "vacation" (visiting family) 4 days ago. Day 1, the pass is closed due to a wreck....the alternate route added 3 hrs to the trip. A 9 hour drive took us 12.5. Hotel was double booked, moved to a smaller room...whatever...but...still.
On the way back we drive 2 hours out od the way to visit some caves....the last cave tour is supposed to go at 6pm. We arrive at 5pm. Buy tickets. wander around....at 5:45 they tell us they forgot they are having a private tour at 6 and they aren't doing more tours. So....yea, cool.

Hotel #2. horrible, won't go into detail but I'm not a person that generally cares about a hotel....I sleep there and I leave. This was atrocious.

Get home late tonight. At some point in the last 4 days. Somebody stole my leather carpenter bags, my occidental set up I had on the side of the shop. No idea how anyone would've even known they were there. $600 set of bags, plus probably $350 worth of tools in them. fuck right off. My cameras apparently picked up nothing?

Also, at some point in the last 4 days my heat pump decide now was the perfect time to take a shit. It's 93 inside my house. I'm resetting breakers, checking fuses and replacing filters all to no avail so far.

So now tomorrow's gonna be a long stupid fucking day. I have to go to work, and also figure out where to send my family since it's gonna be 104, and also figure out where to find a new way pump in the middle of July and get it installed and set up so we have some goddamn heat relief.

Oh, also, one of my cats, George, good damn cat. Just wandered off the morning we left and bothered has been no sign of him since.

Sorry you have been having a Gutter type of life recently!
Hopefully if you do "lose it", you will find it back soon.
Hopefully your venting helped at least a little bit - in the moments you were venting.
I'm the last person who should be a philosopher but I will say what others have said - This too shall pass. Things change. Today and tomorrow are new days. Those things and - God is good (even though he/she/it created an earthquake in central Illinois yesterday morning and tried to destroy it with tornados last night :? ).
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

TDub wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 11:29 pm I'm gonna go all gutter here for a minute and bitch and moan about my life specifically....fuck summer all the way around.

That's a lot, all at once. Hope things get better soon.
Trust me bro
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

sorry, TDub…sounds like you’re due for an uptick

if nothing else was taken, this absolutely sounds like a case of someone knowing what was there and what they were looking for. i’d put an APB out to all the local peeps you’re in good with to keep a eyes and ears open
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 7:36 am sorry, TDub…sounds like you’re due for an uptick

if nothing else was taken, this absolutely sounds like a case of someone knowing what was there and what they were looking for. i’d put an APB out to all the local peeps you’re in good with to keep a eyes and ears open
yea yknow...its odd. I've got other things sitting around that are just as valuable and probably easier to pawn or sell. Taking my carpenters bags are oddly specific and really can't be sold around here without me knowing.

I'll ask around. Harvest is just gearing up and I had several of the local farmers call me this weekend asking if anyone was supposed to be at my house (it was the guy I had feeding animals etc). I thought that was cool. I have no neighbors and nobody around me....but there are eyes always watching everything from somewhere ha. Thats the plus side of a small rural community
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Vacation? Cave tours? Bad hotels?

Tdub went to Branson
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Branson has great golf courses.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 7:36 am if nothing else was taken, this absolutely sounds like a case of someone knowing what was there and what they were looking for. i’d put an APB out to all the local peeps you’re in good with to keep a eyes and ears open
I agree.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

pdub wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 2:57 pm
KUTradition wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 7:36 am if nothing else was taken, this absolutely sounds like a case of someone knowing what was there and what they were looking for. i’d put an APB out to all the local peeps you’re in good with to keep a eyes and ears open
I agree.
guessing it was something along those lines. Made some calls, amazingly...one the of farmers kids "found" my bags hanging on a fence post on a backroad about a mile down the way. Only thing missing qas my hammer, nice Stiletto hammer but was my old one, my back up, so all in all....a good day.

Got my AC back functioning, got my bags back. Long crappy stressful day but overall, a successful one.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

pdub wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 2:57 pm
I agree.
guessing it was something along those lines. Made some calls, amazingly...one the of farmers kids "found" my bags hanging on a fence post on a backroad about a mile down the way. Only thing missing qas my hammer, nice Stiletto hammer but was my old one, my back up, so all in all....a good day.

Got my AC back functioning, got my bags back. Long crappy stressful day but overall, a successful one.
Just Ledoux it