Totally random thread

Coffee talk.
ousdahl

Re: Totally random thread

Post by ousdahl »

DeletedUser wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 6:03 pm
ousdahl wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 10:03 am while also giving me shit for things like work ethic.
Work ethic is (partly) what has allowed me to create this lifestyle for myself. Along with a little luck and a little right place right time.

Part of the luck is my 70 year old "boss" has golf league on Wednesday nights, so he usually is hanging with his buddies having beers before they start by mid afternoon most weeks. So it works perfectly for us.
Again, I don’t begrudge! Enjoy that work life balance! I mean that one sincerely

I imagine your ass doesn’t even look that fat in those goofy pants. Okay that one was a Happy Gilmore joke.

I mean this one matter of factly when I say, there’s some paradox at play here. Work ethic allowing weekday leisure. Work hard to hardly work!
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I wish I hardly worked. I work quite a bit. I only go into the office 1 or 2 days a week (and its over an hour drive there), but a lot of my "work" isn't done in the office. I cover a lot of territory. 4 larger cities/markets and then any rural stuff we get in the south and western parts of the state.

And I only get paid based on how much I bill for the most part (I have a minimum comp, but if I didn't surpass that annually they'd find someone who could).
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Riddle me this Batman.
Past 3 days mostly bright sunshine. Average of I would say 84 degrees (times 80 and times 88/89). 67% humidity (sometimes more/sometimes less). 6 mph breeze (sometimes more/some times less).
Rode my bike 16 miles. Walked about 20 miles. Was in the direct sun on and off but mostly on for 27 hours.
How much water do you think I consumed to stay "hydrated"?
I can only guess. I'm going with 37.5 pounds of water.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 7:06 am Riddle me this Batman.
Past 3 days mostly bright sunshine. Average of I would say 84 degrees (times 80 and times 88/89). 67% humidity (sometimes more/sometimes less). 6 mph breeze (sometimes more/some times less).
Rode my bike 16 miles. Walked about 20 miles. Was in the direct sun on and off but mostly on for 27 hours.
I'll take the under.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Shirley wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 11:10 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 7:06 am Riddle me this Batman.
I'll take the under.
If someone asked me without thinking about it, I would have said less than 5 pounds.
I then did some math.
* 16.9oz in a bottle that I brought with me on my bike. Gone by the time I walked in to the festival.
* Filled the bottle at the "hydration" station when I walked in. Drank a bottle while I ate something.
* Filled the bottle and drank it between 7 and 11 times a day.
* Filled the bottle on the way out and drank it on the way home.
Probably the under but I am going to guess as much as 30 - or more pounds.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

one gallon = 128oz of fluid. 128oz/16.9oz/bottle = 7.6 bottles/gallon

one gallon = 8.35#

Assuming you refilled your bottle 11 times, that plus the 3 other times = 14, but lets say you drank 15 bottles.

15 bottles consumed/7.6 bottles/gallon = 2 gallons of water consumed.

2 gallons of water x 8.35#/gallon of water = ~ 16.7# of water consumed.

Someone mathy should check my math, 'cause I'm not.
Derek Cressman
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Moving on to other Gutter excessive consumption...
I ate an entire loaf of this bread today.

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

when i bake bread it yields two loaves

the first never makes it out of day 1

it happens
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Today's edition of should I be honored, insulted, or neither?
Checking out at Walgreen's. Woman - "Would you like to use your senior discount"?
BOOOM! Goes the dynamite.
Gutter being Gutter I said - "I assume the senior discount is for 40 or over - right"?
She didn't respond. I think (hope) she knew I was fucking with her.
P.S. The discount is for 55 or over (I'm 57) and it's the first time I was asked at Walgreen's.
Idiot me never remembers to ask for it.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

did you use the discount?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

KUTradition wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 4:51 pm when i bake bread it yields two loaves

the first never makes it out of day 1

it happens
Nice that you bake bread! My mother used to.
Nothing like warm out of the oven bread to be a "comfort food" for me.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

KUTradition wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 7:12 pm did you use the discount?
Yep. She applied it. I could have said no, but heck, the Walgreen's at 757 Michigan Avenue is highly overpriced and Walgreen's has stolen a lot of my money over the years.

Last night....
International Delight Creamer - $4.99
Coffee Mate Creamer - $5.79
Ice Mountain Spring Water 12 ounce 12 pack - $4.79
Chicago Water Tax - .60
Sales Tax - .35
Total - $16.52
That was with the 20% discount. I happen to feel a 20% discount for seniors is a great thing.
Funny, being that in the morning I had a session with my therapist in which I discussed the word NEED. What do I NEED vs. what do I want.
In typical Gutter over thinking of things.....
I don't feel I "NEEDED" the discount but I do NEED money to survive and I do NEED to eat, so maybe I actually did NEED the discount?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 6:18 am
Yep. She applied it. I could have said no, but heck, the Walgreen's at 757 Michigan Avenue is highly overpriced and Walgreen's has stolen a lot of my money over the years.

Last night....
Chicago Water Tax - .60
Sales Tax - .35
Total - $16.52
That was with the 20% discount. I happen to feel a 20% discount for seniors is a great thing.
Funny, being that in the morning I had a session with my therapist in which I discussed the word NEED. What do I NEED vs. what do I want.
I don't feel I "NEEDED" the discount but I do NEED money to survive and I do NEED to eat, so maybe I actually did NEED the discount?
“If you want to make a man happy, add not unto his riches, but take away from his desires.”

Epicurus
Derek Cressman
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Shirley wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 7:24 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 6:18 am

Last night....
Chicago Water Tax - .60
Sales Tax - .35
Total - $16.52
“If you want to make a man happy, add not unto his riches, but take away from his desires.”

Epicurus
Nice!

"If you want to make your man happy, don't blow his money, blow his.....".

Gutter
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

gutter, do you normally buy those sorts of things at Walgreens?

seems like an expensive choice, presuming there are other options
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

My guess is convenience.
From what i've gathered, he's pretty downtown Chicago, and i'm guessing Walgreens is walkable to where he lives and a bigger grocery store isn't.

When I lived in Manhattan ( NYC - sorry tmcats ), I'd often just hit up Duane Reade because it was a block away as opposed to the grocery store 5 blocks away.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

My new mountain bike is in transit, should get here Friday night. Super exicted to get my old ass out on a full suspension bike with good shocks. I bought a Motobecane brand full suspension bike so I could save some money. My last bike, a Trek 6000 hardtail, lasted for 15 years and is still kicking but has a lot of maintenance $ coming due. It needs new tires, new chain, and a new rear cassette as the teeth are getting really worn out on the gears. Doesn't make much sense to put $500 more into a 15 year old bike that cost $800 new.

Random note of the day.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Knowing the general area where twocoach resides, it looks like a great day Saturday for him to bust that new bike out.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

KUTradition wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 8:31 am gutter, do you normally buy those sorts of things at Walgreens?

seems like an expensive choice, presuming there are other options
No. I normally do not. It was a convenience factor. But.... I can't find one of the creamers I like anywhere else near me.
There is a Target within walking distance of me.
I just checked their prices for the same products (the Coffee Mate creamer and the water) ....

Water is $4.99 for the 12 pack of 12 ounce Ice Mountain
Creamer is $4.99

In other words, I would have paid 10 cents more for the water and 80 cents less for the creamer.

https://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=ice ... %7Chistory

https://www.target.com/p/coffee-mate-fr ... nk=sametab
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 8:43 am My guess is convenience.
From what i've gathered, he's pretty downtown Chicago, and i'm guessing Walgreens is walkable to where he lives and a bigger grocery store isn't.

When I lived in Manhattan ( NYC - sorry tmcats ), I'd often just hit up Duane Reade because it was a block away as opposed to the grocery store 5 blocks away.
BINGO! I responded to Trad before I read your post.