Totally random thread

Coffee talk.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Totally random thread

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

twocoach wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 8:50 am My new mountain bike is in transit, should get here Friday night. Super exicted to get my old ass out on a full suspension bike with good shocks. I bought a Motobecane brand full suspension bike so I could save some money. My last bike, a Trek 6000 hardtail, lasted for 15 years and is still kicking but has a lot of maintenance $ coming due. It needs new tires, new chain, and a new rear cassette as the teeth are getting really worn out on the gears. Doesn't make much sense to put $500 more into a 15 year old bike that cost $800 new.

Random note of the day.
NICE!

Several years ago my bike (Specialized Rockhopper) was stolen (locked to a street poll outside my apartment) while going to pick up my other bike (Trek 820) at my ex's house. I was PISSED!
I allowed a guy at Village Cycle to talk me in to a Trek Dual Sport 3. Never would have considered it had he not recommended it. Meanwhile, it's been the perfect bike for me. Kudos to him.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

twocoach wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 8:50 am My new mountain bike is in transit, should get here Friday night. Super exicted to get my old ass out on a full suspension bike with good shocks. I bought a Motobecane brand full suspension bike so I could save some money. My last bike, a Trek 6000 hardtail, lasted for 15 years and is still kicking but has a lot of maintenance $ coming due. It needs new tires, new chain, and a new rear cassette as the teeth are getting really worn out on the gears. Doesn't make much sense to put $500 more into a 15 year old bike that cost $800 new.

Random note of the day.
Woo Hoo! Getting a new bike has been one of the best things in life, my entire life! And, that's especially true, when it's a mt bike!

If you're having the bike shipped to you and not a bicycle shop, you're in luck, because traditionally, motobecane bikes arrive nearly completely assembled.

Motobecane just celebrated its 100th anniversary last year. Originally a French Co. it was bought by Yamaha in the '80s.

If you want your friends to hate you, be sure to correct them when they mispronounce the last syllable, "cane", like sugar "cane", and not the correct French pronunciation, "can", like a tin can...
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Shirley wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 9:58 am

Random note of the day.
Woo Hoo! Getting a new bike has been one of the best things in life, my entire life! And, that's especially true, when it's a mt bike!

If you're having the bike shipped to you and not a bicycle shop, you're in luck, because traditionally, motobecane bikes arrive nearly completely assembled.

Motobecane just celebrated its 100th anniversary last year. Originally a French Co. it was bought by Yamaha in the '80s.

If you want your friends to hate you, be sure to correct them when they mispronounce the last syllable, "cane", like sugar "cane", and not the correct French pronunciation, "can", like a tin can...
Porch-Ah
Broham
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Shirley wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 9:58 am

Random note of the day.

I started riding my old mtb bike again a few months ago after a few years away due to my back injury. I had been nervous to get back on it but my back has held up pretty well. So this is both my reward for getting back to this point and my motivation to keep pushing forward.

For my ADHD brain, mountain biking has been a key therapeutic tool. For an hour or more, the focus on the timing of shifting gears, braking and steering is enough that my brain is able to quiet the other 7+ channels playing in my head, which is very relaxing. When I do not have a physical outlet for my stress and anxiety, my brain just spins out of control. To make it even better, the temperature has dropped these last few days.

And yes, it comes in 2 boxes and is described as 80% built. It can't be harder to finish than my custom arcade was. Worst case, I have to take it to a bike shop to have them make some adjustments (while no doubt giving me grief over not purchasing from a local bike shop).

Super excited to get it together and out in the dirt!
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Ok, I have a co-worker who is super model beautiful. Zero chance I can take her pic without being obvious. Some point I may take a "group" photo of her "group" at work. Stay tuned......
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Just called LMH to get an appointment for PT scheduled. Apparently LMh has 4 separate PT facilities in Lawrence, and a referral only works for each specific office…

So…went to main hospital line, asked if I could do appointments at LMH west..,,perso. on phone said sure, but they’ll need to transfer referral to them. Ok, I said, and they said hold and he’ll transfer me.

Well, I got hung up on. I’m sure it was an accident…but other office never called me, so I called them 15 minutes later. They had no knowledge of my records, and person on phone IMMEDIATELY got frustrated with me and switched her tone with the elevated 2/3 October weird inflection condescending bad customer-service tone.

I fucking hate that. I told her that and hung up.

I don’t like LMH at all. I don’t feel in six visits dealing with my health issues last fall they did anything of substance. One visit at KU Med, and my mind totally eased.

LMH sucks.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Only been there twice. When Mrs. 99's dad died and when her mom died 5 years later.
Broham
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

See, everyone dies there
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

You reminded me of my friend Old Tom. RIP Tom, I miss you. He had a lot of health problems due to a 5th per day scotch consumption, or more. He liked his doctor but the doc only worked out of St Joseph. Tom referred to it as St Watch 'Em Die in the Halls.
Broham
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Oh, I dislike our health care system in general.

I’m sure most people are decent folk that are in the medical profession (See:Shirley).

I also, think, however that it’s crazy that 2 different providers, one cardiologist, and one general practitioner, in the last three weeks, have both told me the type of care they will refer me to depends on my insurance.

Ewwww ewwww ewwww (I know thats not an LMH biproduct, and it played no part in the formation of my previous post).
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Watching a Russell Crowe movie. I keep thinking he's John Goodman.
Broham
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 8:23 pm Watching a Russell Crowe movie. I keep thinking he's John Goodman.
Yea he Sherron’d.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 1:29 pm Oh, I dislike our health care system in general.

I’m sure most people are decent folk that are in the medical profession (See:Shirley).

I also, think, however that it’s crazy that 2 different providers, one cardiologist, and one general practitioner, in the last three weeks, have both told me the type of care they will refer me to depends on my insurance.

Ewwww ewwww ewwww (I know thats not an LMH biproduct, and it played no part in the formation of my previous post).
(I hope I haven't misinterpreted your complaint.)

Thems that pay the bills, (the insurance co.s) get to make the rules.

Welcome to the American health system.

Next to failing to or misdiagnosing a problem &/or failing to treat it properly, referring a patient for a therapy or to a facility not covered by their insurance is toward the top of the list of reasons patients get upset with physicians.

The doctor can refer you to or for anything you or they want, but if your insurance won't cover it, the provider/facility will expect you to pay for it.

The agreement is between the insurance co. and you/your employer/whatever entity is providing the benefit. The physician has nothing to do with it.

Physicians have complained about it for decades, to no avail.

That being said: We're #1!
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

More of a venting exercise than any specific complaint. I understand the game.

It’s fucking gross and should be blown up to start anew.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Took a bunch of pics of the A&W show today - from a different perspective than usual.
Here's one.

zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Shirley wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 10:05 pm
Back2Lawrence wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 1:29 pm Oh, I dislike our health care system in general.

(I hope I haven't misinterpreted your complaint.)

Thems that pay the bills, (the insurance co.s) get to make the rules.

Welcome to the American health system.

Next to failing to or misdiagnosing a problem &/or failing to treat it properly, referring a patient for a therapy or to a facility not covered by their insurance is toward the top of the list of reasons patients get upset with physicians.

The doctor can refer you to or for anything you or they want, but if your insurance won't cover it, the provider/facility will expect you to pay for it.

The agreement is between the insurance co. and you/your employer/whatever entity is providing the benefit. The physician has nothing to do with it.

Physicians have complained about it for decades, to no avail.

That being said: We're #1!
Yet, there is a whole substantial subset of the population who will tell you that anything different than what we currently have will result in your grandma dropping dead instantly. (cf. Death Panels (TM))
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Buddy of mine rear ended by a motorcycle on the PCH.

"The guy on the Bike was airlifted to a trauma center , I went in an ambulance to the ER , I should be OK , I'm back home".
"Yep , zig zagging between lanes , the witness said he was flying , I thought a bomb went off it was so loud and jolting".

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

the longer i live, the more i detest most motorcyclists

inconsiderate and entitled, more often than not
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

no doubt about it. Yet they always play the victim card.
Just Ledoux it
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

I’d argue that most obey the rules.

Just like cyclists.