Totally random thread

Coffee talk.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Totally random thread

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Today's edition of being GUTTERED.

I have been given tickets to the tapings of The Daily Show (in Chicago next week). Looks like I won't be able to attend because I would have to show up around 1:00pm and be there until around 6:30pm - which would then take me out of commission for other convention related things that I will potentially/probably be required to do.
It's my "what about me" struggle. I often revolve my life around doing for others - at the expense of doing for myself. I shouldn't complain. I am pretty fortunate in regards to the possible alternative/s.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Spot News

@SPOTNEWSonIG
1h
Chicago/Lake Shore Drive: a Marine Distress, she jumped in the water trying to commit suicide, pedestrians and a lifeguard are trying to hold her. #Chicago #ChicagoScanner

Gutter on the scene. I don't believe she was trying to commit suicide.

your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Would you, for 40k tax free a year, once a week, time and day of your choosing, listen and watch three hours of mid college jazz students play experimental jazz?

You can’t wear something to muffle the sound. They will appear wherever you are when you want them to that week ( they come to you ). You can’t be on your phone/read/etc. you have to be “actively” watching.

You get the 40k end of year.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

pdub wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 9:40 pm Would you, for 40k tax free a year, once a week, time and day of your choosing, listen and watch three hours of mid college jazz students play experimental jazz?

You can’t wear something to muffle the sound. They will appear wherever you are when you want them to that week ( they come to you ). You can’t be on your phone/read/etc. you have to be “actively” watching.

No.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Shirley wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 10:24 pm
pdub wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 9:40 pm Would you, for 40k tax free a year, once a week, time and day of your choosing, listen and watch three hours of mid college jazz students play experimental jazz?

No.
Yes. I would do it for 10k.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Sign me up. I like jazz.
Broham
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

7:45 am
Neighbor fires up his lawnmower.
Broham
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

nice and cool, good time to mow
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jhawks99 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 7:55 am

Sign me up. I like jazz.
^^^

Besides, $3333 in your pocket a month.

That’s like a serviceable middle class lifestyle many places. For 3 hours a week!

(Tho yea part of me wanted to post that gif from the office about jazz like, “JUST PLAY THE RIGHT NOTE!”)
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

40k is a middle class lifestyle? Where?

Here's what I found...

"The middle class is commonly defined as households earning between two-thirds and double the median income, which is $128,151 in the San Francisco-Oakland-Berkeley, California metro area, the Census Bureau reports. That means middle class households there earn between $85,434 and $256,302 a year."
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

depends…if you’re solo with minimal or no debt, $40 K would be fine in the midwest
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jhawks99 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 7:56 am 7:45 am
At least it’s not jazz.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Shirley is out.
Gutter and 99 and I think Ous is in.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

pdub wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 7:50 pm Shirley is out.
Gutter and 99 and I think Ous is in.
That earlier post was merely my opening gambit in this negotiation process.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 7:49 pm
At least it’s not jazz.
I have 5 questions.
1. Neighbor fired up his lawnmower. Did the neighbor use it to mow lawn or just fire it up?
2. Is it a riding mower? Dude's wife might ride that thing for purposes other than mowing lawn.
3. If 7:45am it too early to fire up a lawnmower on a Saturday (I feel it is), what is the proper time one should wait until to fire up their lawnmower?
4. Does the neighbor mow with an old school Walkman and listen to Jazz cassettes while mowing?
5. Is this 99's neighbor?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

that sounds almost like torture. But yea, I'd do it. I've done worse for less.
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 8:08 pm
At least it’s not jazz.
I have 5 questions.
1. Neighbor fired up his lawnmower. Did the neighbor use it to mow lawn or just fire it up?
2. Is it a riding mower? Dude's wife might ride that thing for purposes other than mowing lawn.
3. If 7:45am it too early to fire up a lawnmower on a Saturday (I feel it is), what is the proper time one should wait until to fire up their lawnmower?
4. Does the neighbor mow with an old school Walkman and listen to Jazz cassettes while mowing?
1) He mowed his lawn.
2) Push, I think it was self propelled
3) At least 8:30, I would wait until 9:30 or 10
4) I don't think so
5) No
Broham
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

jhawks99 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 8:55 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 8:08 pm

At least it’s not jazz.
I have 5 questions.
1) He mowed his lawn.
2) Push, I think it was self propelled
3) At least 8:30, I would wait until 9:30 or 10
4) I don't think so
5) No
Better you dealing with him than me.

1. I would have pulled down my pants and told him to MOW THIS.
2. I would have told him I'll mow his lawn for $20 but I would have the decency to not do it at 7:45am on a Saturday.
3. I would take an airhorn and blow it outside his bedroom window at 3:00am to teach him a lesson.
4. I would give him mine and give him some Dead to listen me.
5. I would have told him to mow his lawn in a Speedo - or a snow suit.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I hadn't seen a forecast. I started raining soon after he was done. I can understand.
Broham
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

So another kitchen utensil I love is my Franklin Popper pan. Whirleypop is another brand of same thing. If you like eating popcorn at home, this pan is wonderful. Fluffiest home popcorn I’ve ever had in this thing. Not many half popped kernels, though, which, admittedly, are my favorite