Jayhawks in the NBA

Kansas Basketball.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: Jawhawks in the NBA

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Josh needs a ton of help staying focused. That's not a good fit for the NBA.

That guy's head was all over the place when he was here. Even on the court.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The statement was that he has to figure it out on and OFF the court.
Both can definitely affect each other.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

If you say so, Laura Bauer.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

For 100 bucks would you host Laura Bauer for a romantic night of alfredo?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:16 am Josh needs a ton of help staying focused. That's not a good fit for the NBA.

Really? He played his ass off on both ends at Kansas. I didn't notice a drop-off when the off-the-court stuff came out, other than when he couldn't play. The guy is a competitor. I think with him and Wiggins that they would have become much better NBA players if they didn't have all the highschool hype
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

pdub wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:10 pm For 100 bucks would you host Laura Bauer for a romantic night of alfredo?
well yeah, 100 should cover the tab at Olive Garden, right?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Mjl wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:31 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:16 am Josh needs a ton of help staying focused. That's not a good fit for the NBA.

Really? He played his ass off on both ends at Kansas. I didn't notice a drop-off when the off-the-court stuff came out, other than when he couldn't play. The guy is a competitor. I think with him and Wiggins that they would have become much better NBA players if they didn't have all the highschool hype
Certainly wasn't saying anything about his competitiveness. You just had to keep him interested, and luckily we had a good team. Don't think I've seen a KU player get so many technicals. He was easily baited and Bill constantly had to reel him in. Obviously his off-the-court stuff showed his lack of focus His rookie year was also a disaster for that very reason. He's a ticking time bomb on a bad team and needs other people to keep his eye on the prize.

And Wiggs and Josh have a Pacific Ocean-sized gap between them as NBA players.
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

Games played 10/10
McLemore - 13 min, 2 reb, 1 ast, 3 points
Rush playing for Maccabi Haifa against Portland - 24 min, 4 reb, 10 points
Diallo - 4 min, 2 reb, 1 ast, 0 points
Oubre Jr. - 19 min, 0-9 fg, 3 reb, 1 ast, 2 stl, 8 points
Wiggins - 17 min, 3 ast, 13 points
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:23 pm

Certainly wasn't saying anything about his competitiveness. You just had to keep him interested, and luckily we had a good team. Don't think I've seen a KU player get so many technicals. He was easily baited and Bill constantly had to reel him in. Obviously his off-the-court stuff showed his lack of focus His rookie year was also a disaster for that very reason. He's a ticking time bomb on a bad team and needs other people to keep his eye on the prize.

And Wiggs and Josh have a Pacific Ocean-sized gap between them as NBA players.
Wonder how a player would be with Wiggins' God-given ability combined with Jackson's competitiveness and fire.
Deleted User 286

Post by Deleted User 286 »

I don't think Wiggins has a whole lot more natural ability than Jackson.

I also don't think Wiggins is significantly less competitive than Jackson. Wiggins is just sort of shy so he doesn't scream and beat on his chest as much.

Neither seem to have that Kobe-like mentality / work ethic / focus to be the best.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

One thing Wiggins is significantly better at than Jackson is being on the floor for a 10 minute span where if you were told he was on the bench, you'd believe it.
Deleted User 286

NDballer13 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:45 am One thing Wiggins is significantly better at than Jackson is being on the floor for a 10 minute span where if you were told he was on the bench, you'd believe it.
Ya, maybe....but you've got to be on the floor for that to be possible, and Jackson has trouble even being on the bench (let alone the floor).
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

He had a lot of problem staying away from foul trouble, especially technicals due to his lack of ability to control himself. It got so absurd that he started getting technicals that he didnt even deserve because the refs were trying to show him who was boss. He missed most of the first half of his EE loss to Oregon due to very avoidable foul trouble.

So yeah, there were on court issues with it at Kansas.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:19 am I don't think Wiggins has a whole lot more natural ability than Jackson.

I also don't think Wiggins is significantly less competitive than Jackson. Wiggins is just sort of shy so he doesn't scream and beat on his chest as much.

Neither seem to have that Kobe-like mentality / work ethic / focus to be the best.
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:25 am Ya, maybe....but you've got to be on the floor for that to be possible, and Jackson has trouble even being on the bench (let alone the floor).
So there has to be something that separates them from one being a Max (terrible contract?) guy playing 40 minutes a game and the other starting the season in the G League. If they are so similar, you'd think the one on the worse team would be able to get more floor time.
Deleted User 286

Wiggins is better at basketball and isn't a head case?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Bucks PG Eric Bledsoe reported to have some sort of rib fracture that will keep him out for a period of time. Looks like Mason may get a chance to get some reps. He's earned it after his jail sentence in Sactown.
Deleted User 266

Games played 10/11

MC (Best player on the Knicks) 31 min 21 pts
MK - 21 min 5 pts
SVI - 10 min 4 pts
DG - 24 min 8 pts
FMIII - 14 min 6 pts
Deleted User 266

twocoach wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:54 pm Bucks PG Eric Bledsoe reported to have some sort of rib fracture that will keep him out for a period of time. Looks like Mason may get a chance to get some reps. He's earned it after his jail sentence in Sactown.
Frank has been seeing minutes and had a really nice game against the Bools.
I'm thinking George Hill is definitely above Frank on the depth chart and the problem is I believe DiVincenzo (combo guard) is probably ahead of Frank too. There just may be a spot for him but I think he's on the bubble right now. Wishing him the best.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Paul1 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:36 am You love them because of their idiotic behavior or because they have a take no shit attitude?
I respect the later, don't respect the former.
A little bit of the former, all of the latter.
Deleted User 266

Devonte' with a heck of a game last night.
25 min, 6-10 fg, 4-6 3pt, 2-2 ft, 7 reb, 5 ast, 18 points, game high +37.
Oubs had 11 points in 23 minutes.
Diallo had 3 points and 5 rebounds in 9 minutes.