Chiefs 2023

Kansas Football.
hartjack8
Contributor

Re: Chiefs 2023

Post by hartjack8 »

pdub wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:15 am Frank Clark straight up released by the Donkeys.
Do we have any interest in a prorated vet minimum?
HAHA hell to yeah. Plug and play. We winning because of defense. We wasting the QB because he only has one weapon. Either go out and get Evan's or go all in on defense and hope and pray a WR1 shows up out of the blue.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

So I watched the SF-Dallas game and thing that stuck out was SF and Brock Prudy. SF has a QB playing like that for a million dollars. WTF??? JFC you see the weapons Brock has. You see now how they could afford the Bosa contract. I think he signed for two more years at a mill. Lord they loaded.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

They only weapon is Kelce that could get on the field for SF and they have Kittle so ??? And they have a FB which we do not even have. LOL
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

I know this is way after the fact, but did anyone else think the play where Kelce got up limping that the Denver guy intentionally rolled with his bad ankle?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Shirley wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:25 pm
japhy wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:17 pm There are fourth graders in Denver who have never seen the Broncos beat the Chiefs.

Broncos doing Bronco stuff at the end.
Does that mean it's time for me to get over Elway beating the Chiefs twice a year, every year?
Far be it from me to tell you what you should and shouldn't let go of. But if you are wondering if you should take a grudge inventory, you should probably take a grudge inventory and dump some long held surplus.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

AlOerter wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:27 am I know this is way after the fact, but did anyone else think the play where Kelce got up limping that the Denver guy intentionally rolled with his bad ankle?
He did, for sure.
You could see him try and hang on and twist.
When you haven't won in almost a decade, and you're on your way to another L, you probably get a bit angry at the world.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

And San Fran is absolutely set.
It's all about that QB contract - you can balance out the $$ for several years.
Purdy is making so little against the cap.

( it's also why I don't do what the Colts did and spend big money on a RB - sorry RBs )
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:27 am
AlOerter wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:27 am I know this is way after the fact, but did anyone else think the play where Kelce got up limping that the Denver guy intentionally rolled with his bad ankle?
He did, for sure.
When you haven't won in almost a decade, and you're on your way to another L, you probably get a bit angry at the world.
100% agree, I saw that too and thought the same thing in real time. They cut off the replay before it got all the way to the end but it looked like he kept rolling just to give it an extra tweak.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

japhy wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:17 pm There are fourth graders in Denver who have never seen the Broncos beat the Chiefs.

Does that mean it's time for me to get over Elway beating the Chiefs twice a year, every year?
Elway's longest streak against KC was 4 wins. Screw that horse-toothed overrated QB.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/john-e ... the-chiefs
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

twocoach wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:04 pm

Elway's longest streak against KC was 4 wins. Screw that horse-toothed overrated QB.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/john-e ... the-chiefs
poetic license: the freedom to depart from the facts of a matter or from the conventional rules of language when speaking or writing in order to create an effect.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

There's a shit ton of poetry on the poli-bored then.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

twocoach wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:02 pm
pdub wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:27 am
He did, for sure.
100% agree, I saw that too and thought the same thing in real time. They cut off the replay before it got all the way to the end but it looked like he kept rolling just to give it an extra tweak.
My wife mentioned it and it was pretty sadistic rewatching it. As soon as it looked like KC might get a long punt return or pass, the flags flew too.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Eh.
That return was negated by a MVS penalty ( dumb of him ). It seemed pretty clear to me.
The trash call was the roughing the passer that gave them a first in the redzone instead of a 4th and long from midfield.

There was also a completely blatant hold on Chris Jones on an important down they ignored.

But I think the refs made the right calls with no flags on Pacheco getting tossed out of bounds ( guy was already tackling and finishing his motion ) and Mahomes getting almost destroyed when beginning his slide ( he wanted a flag but there really wasn't much contact ). And as far as that Kelce tackle, it was a perfectly legal one, but shame on that defender.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I thought the MVS one was pretty lame. But it was pretty much KC's game even with the roughing flag.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Sparko wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:06 pm I thought the MVS one was pretty lame. But it was pretty much KC's game even with the roughing flag.
From the side and pretty soft contact on MVS.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Chiefs are penalized a lot. Even before Mahomes. The forward progress effect. The win over the Jets looks pretty good right now.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Since Mahomes became a starter, the Chiefs have the 3rd most penalties in the NFL.
Now that comes with our style of play in the secondary but also, no, we aren't helped out by referees.
We've had some huge games where we've been totally fucked over.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Two Gutterisms for the price of one......

1. Typical NFL fan logic = When your team IS committing penalties, you feel penalties should NOT be called. When the other team is NOT committing penalties, you feel penalties SHOULD be called.

2. A penalty is a penalty. If refs called every game perfectly, some teams would commit more penalties than others. Some teams would commit less penalties than others. It wouldn't be even.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'll add that the Chiefs are now being shown on TV and getting a lot more eyeballs on them these days ( they are the SB champs, have an MVP and now have maybe the GOAT TE dating one of the most popular pop stars today )...so BWW Chad's and BWW's sons BWW Cooper are flocking to social media clicking up a storm.