Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:24 am
jfish26 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:18 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:36 am The math is crazy:

Robert Covington = 2 1st rounders
Jrue Holiday = 3 1st rounders + 2 pick swaps
Russell Westbrook = ?
James Harden = ?
Westbrook probably has negative value at the moment.
I would have thought so before yesterday.
I just don't know what sort of team would really want Russ, at that salary.

Washington, if Wall isn't going to get back (and they can unload his contract)?
CrimsonNBlue

Re: NBA Offseason

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:29 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:24 am
jfish26 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:18 am

Westbrook probably has negative value at the moment.
I would have thought so before yesterday.
I just don't know what sort of team would really want Russ, at that salary.

Washington, if Wall isn't going to get back (and they can unload his contract)?
Like maybe a dumb team in the east either trying to sneak into the playoffs or into a top 4 slot.

Not to re-hash this, but two of the worst contracts in the NBA were traded yesterday in Chris Paul and Trevor Aria with the former getting a haul.

But, it's the Jrue Holiday value that really shocks. Albeit, he's 3 years older, but Westbrook was much better than Holiday last year. It's not 40 million, but Holiday is still owed around $27m per season.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

The knicks are the only team i can see being dumb enough to take on russells contract

and Ive heard for some reasons the clippers in interested in taking russell to get rid of paul george in some kind of trade package
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Awfully quiet right now after a busy night?

Harden and Westbrook want out of Houston partly due to owner's heavy Trump ties.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

randylahey wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:52 pm The knicks are the only team i can see being dumb enough to take on russells contract

and Ive heard for some reasons the clippers in interested in taking russell to get rid of paul george in some kind of trade package
Trade one guy who can't win in the playoffs for another guy who can't win in the playoffs.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I don't know about "by any means necessary," but I'd be doing everything to move on from Paul George after his performance and effort in the playoffs. That was fireable in most industries.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:24 pm I don't know about "by any means necessary," but I'd be doing everything to move on from Paul George after his performance and effort in the playoffs. That was fireable in most industries.
I completely agree, but I wouldn't waste my time with Westbrook or Harden as a replacement.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Teams' hands are tied with the max contracts.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:26 pm Teams' hands are tied with the max contracts.
Yep. I'd love to see something other than these max contracts. Teams panic and give them out to players who aren't really good enough for a max deal or the player instantly becomes a malcontent (they're all way too sensitive these days) and the contracts end up killing teams quickly.

In theory they seem like a good idea, but in practice they are becoming a disaster.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

It's something the NBA could fix with even a small amount of creativity. I am not for limiting what players earn, but there's no reason that the big contracts should kill a building process which creates a situation where both player and team want to shake things up every year.

It's not really creating a better product. These are the best players on each of the last 9 NBA champions:

LeBron James
Kawhi Leonard
Kevin Durant
Kevin Durant
LeBron James
Stephen Curry
Kawhi Leonard
LeBron James
LeBron James
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:42 pm It's something the NBA could fix with even a small amount of creativity. I am not for limiting what players earn, but there's no reason that the big contracts should kill a building process which creates a situation where both player and team want to shake things up every year.

It's not really creating a better product. These are the best players on each of the last 9 NBA champions:

LeBron James
Kawhi Leonard
Kevin Durant
Kevin Durant
LeBron James
Stephen Curry
Kawhi Leonard
LeBron James
LeBron James
And it's not completely unfair to replace Durant with Curry, which gives you

4 - James (3 teams)
3 - Curry
2 - Leonard (2 teams)

yawn.........
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:42 pm It's something the NBA could fix with even a small amount of creativity. I am not for limiting what players earn, but there's no reason that the big contracts should kill a building process which creates a situation where both player and team want to shake things up every year.

LeBron James
Kawhi Leonard
Kevin Durant
Kevin Durant
LeBron James
Stephen Curry
Kawhi Leonard
LeBron James
LeBron James
Interesting that of those 9 - If I am not mistaken, only 3 of them were the league MVP the season they won the championship.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Not really that interesting.............
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Well there must be something to the Rockets hating their Trump-loving owner because John Wall, without question, has the most immovable contract in the league.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Teams desperate to shed bad contracts. In retrospect, what an awful signing Horford was.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Horford was good for the Celts but at his age ( and unless you thought Embiid was going to get hurt ) and on that team, he didn't fit for 100+ mill.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Sixers can now turn their attention to:

Beal, LaVine, Harden.
Deleted User 289

Cascadia wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:54 pm Not really that interesting.............
Duly noted.

I'm going to add that.....
I was speaking for myself. Not you. Not anyone else.
We had people discussing when the league MVP should be declared and if the playoffs should have a bearing on it. Therefore, I felt a desire to do minimal research and shared the the correlation that I pointed out - that was "interesting" to ME.
That's all.

Moving on.....
Deleted User 289

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:59 pm Sixers can now turn their attention to:

Beal, LaVine, Harden.
Should the Sixers have kept their attention on Butler and done whatever they could to keep him?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Water under the bridge.