pdub
Site Admin

Re: Chiefs Offseason 2024

Post by pdub »

Also this shit is hilarious:

https://www.nfl.com/news/top-100-player ... ck-mahomes

Tyreek Hill?
Lol

Do you think that Miami, if given the option, would trade Tyreek Hill and Tua for Mahomes straight up?

Um yes. Yes they would.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

pdub wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 6:23 am Also this shit is hilarious:

https://www.nfl.com/news/top-100-player ... ck-mahomes

Tyreek Hill?
Lol

Do you think that Miami, if given the option, would trade Tyreek Hill and Tua for Mahomes straight up?

Um yes. Yes they would.
I can all but promise you the Dolphins wouldn't do it.
I'm not saying they would be right but I'm confident if MICH went to his local mall and asked 100 random people, the majority would say the Dolphins wouldn't.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I'd be shocked if there were 100 people at my local mall to ask. It's a ghost town most days.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The Dolphins would do that in a heartbeat.

Mahomes is 2 years older than Tua, has won 2 MVPs ( and was cheated out of another ), 3 SB wins, 2 without Tyreek, didn't have to sit out a season because of multiple brain injuries and would likely command AT LEAST 5 1st round draft picks or more to trade for - and to be honest, that probably wouldn't be enough.

Mahomes' worst season statistically, this last years, compares to Tua's best, which means that Mahomes has had 5 more seasons better than any season Tua has ever produced. And in that season, this last season, Mahomes had MVS and rookie Rashee Rice as his WR's, Tua had Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 7:13 am ...I'm confident if MICH went to his local mall and asked 100 random people, the majority would say the Dolphins wouldn't.
OK, give me a moment.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

pdub wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 8:51 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 7:13 am ...I'm confident if MICH went to his local mall and asked 100 random people, the majority would say the Dolphins wouldn't.
OK, give me a moment.
You are already getting wrecked .
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Here was my scenario presented:

"2 questions. Assume current contracts and teams can make the salary cap work somehow without losing any significant players.

1. Any team besides the Chiefs or Dolphins can pick these two scenarios to add to their teams.
A. Add Patrick Mahomes
B. Add Tua and Tyreek Hill

2. The Dolphins are allowed to trade Tua and Tyreek Hill straight up for Mahomes. Do they do it?"

Currently only 1 person has voted for 1B and qualified in that choice that teams like the Ravens, Bengals and Bills might just so they could get Tyreek. No one has voted NO on 2. 28 votes for 1A and 27 votes for 2 Yes.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Yeah, this is silly. Even with his present contract, there is not a single team in the NFL that would not trade BOTH of its TWO best players for Mahomes.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

My post got removed and I got banned for 7 days from reddit nfl but it was worth it.
We got 30 upvotes on this comment in the 10 minutes before it was removed:

Any team would choose Mahomes and the Dolphins would take Mahomes. /endthread.

Got about 15 other comments saying how ridiculous my scenario was.
( there was only 1 that said mayyyyybe the Ravens, Bengals or Bills would consider Tua/Hill but that poster promptly got 2 people calling him/her out on that )
If the mods had let it go for another 10 minutes I'm pretty sure I coulda gotten that leading post ( the above post ) to 51+ ( majority ).

Reddit /nfl is way better than a mall for asking this kind of question.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 9:26 am My post got removed and I got banned for 7 days from reddit nfl but it was worth it.
We got 30 upvotes on this comment in the 10 minutes before it was removed:

Any team would choose Mahomes and the Dolphins would take Mahomes. /endthread.

Got about 15 other comments saying how ridiculous my scenario was.
If the mods had let it go for another 10 minutes I'm pretty sure I coulda gotten that leading post ( the above post ) to 51+ ( majority ).
It's just Mahomes fatigue. He has been extraordinary for so long now that it's become ordinary.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

A few other comments in the 10 minutes before it was removed:

"Anybody alive will pick Mahomes 100% of the time"
"Dolphins would make that trade in a heartbeat. Chiefs would laugh and hang up the phone."
"I don't think any unbiased person would choose Tua/Tyreek in any situation"
"Mahomes >>>>>>>>>>> Tua + Hill"
"There is no combination of two players in the NFL you'd trade Mahomes for"
"Mahomes easily. Tua and Tyreek's ceiling is likely an AFC title apperance."
"Tua and Hill haven't even won their own division together, dude, who is picking them"
"This is silly. Any team in any scenario is picking Mahomes over Tua and Hill."
"A. Mahomes. He can win with anyone."
"Mahomes is by far the most valuable player in the league."

Sorry gutman but I think you're "kinda" wrong here.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 8:49 am The Dolphins would do that in a heartbeat.

Mahomes is 2 years older than Tua, has won 2 MVPs ( and was cheated out of another ), 3 SB wins, 2 without Tyreek, didn't have to sit out a season because of multiple brain injuries and would likely command AT LEAST 5 1st round draft picks or more to trade for - and to be honest, that probably wouldn't be enough.

Mahomes' worst season statistically, this last years, compares to Tua's best, which means that Mahomes has had 5 more seasons better than any season Tua has ever produced. And in that season, this last season, Mahomes had MVS and rookie Rashee Rice as his WR's, Tua had Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle.
Ok, so you are pointing out the differences between Tua and Mahomes.
Of course the Dolphins would trade Tua for Mahomes.
I don't believe the Dolphins would trade Hill and Tua for Mahomes.
You would, I would, I'm confident the Dolphins wouldn't.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 9:53 am I don't believe the Dolphins would trade Hill and Tua for Mahomes.
You would, I would, I'm confident the Dolphins wouldn't.
nfl reddit was coming in waves to disagree with you.
Got shutdown before I was underwater with wtf kind of stupid question is this.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 9:38 am A few other comments in the 10 minutes before it was removed:

"Anybody alive will pick Mahomes 100% of the time"
"Dolphins would make that trade in a heartbeat. Chiefs would laugh and hang up the phone."
"I don't think any unbiased person would choose Tua/Tyreek in any situation"
"Mahomes >>>>>>>>>>> Tua + Hill"
"There is no combination of two players in the NFL you'd trade Mahomes for"
"Mahomes easily. Tua and Tyreek's ceiling is likely an AFC title apperance."
"Tua and Hill haven't even won their own division together, dude, who is picking them"
"This is silly. Any team in any scenario is picking Mahomes over Tua and Hill."
"A. Mahomes. He can win with anyone."
"Mahomes is by far the most valuable player in the league."

Sorry gutman but I think you're "kinda" wrong here.
I very well may be wrong but you're smart enough to realize a bunch of reddit warriors aren't Chris Grier (or Stephen Ross).
As I said in my previous post, you and I (and the reddit folks) would make that trade. I just don't believe the Dolphins would but hey - I've been wrong (ranging from DEAD wrong to just barely wrong ;) )before.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"I'm confident if MICH went to his local mall and asked 100 random people, the majority would say the Dolphins wouldn't."

This is what I was proving wrong.
I can't prove your opinion wrong on what you think the Dolphins would do since it's an opinion ( though an overwhelmingly majority of people who know anything at all about the NFL to people who live and breathe it would disagree with your opinion ).
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:02 am "I'm confident if MICH went to his local mall and asked 100 random people, the majority would say the Dolphins wouldn't."

This is what I was proving wrong.
I can't prove your opinion wrong on what you think the Dolphins would do since it's an opinion ( though an overwhelmingly majority of people who know anything at all about the NFL to people who live and breathe it would disagree with your opinion ).
That was me in the moment. Bad thing for me to have been "confident" about.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:45 am That was me in the moment. Bad thing for me to have been "confident" about.
Fair and noble response right here.
Posters take note - it's OK to admit you were wrong - in fact, it's healthy to do so.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

pdub wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:56 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:45 am That was me in the moment. Bad thing for me to have been "confident" about.
Fair and noble response right here.
Posters take note - it's OK to admit you were wrong - in fact, it's healthy to do so.
If we could just all be like Mich. . .
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

The only person who wouldn't take that trade is Tyreek Hill. And that's because he's an idiot.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Why did they ban you for that question?