Where's the petri dish thread?

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 289

Re: Where's the petri dish thread?

Post by Deleted User 289 »

I have a friend who asked people on Facebook their opinions on him traveling to Argentina and Brazil.
It was about 50/50 in terms of those who said he should go and those who said he shouldn't.

After reading the previous 71 responses this was my response....

Some people responding don't seem to realize it's so much more than worrying if YOU contract the virus. Parts of the world are going in shut down mode - with more to come. Think about what would happen if you were traveling in Northern Italy right now. You would be fu*ked. Heck, I am supposed to travel to California in 2 weeks. Probably not going to happen because I am under the impression it's going to get a whole lot worse to the point where everything I want to do (NCAA Basketball games, Dodgers game, attend Awards show, go to nice restaurants, etc.) will possibly/probably be postponed/cancelled. I have ZERO doubt that traveling in and out of airports will become a major issue to the point where some may actually become quarantined. It's going to really suck for anyone/everyone. Forgetting all that, I don't care how much money you have - the world's economy is getting CRUSHED. Inevitable major shut downs, layoffs, etc. across the board to come.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

One line of thought might be to catch it early while there are still hospital beds and staff available before the system gets overwhelmed. Of course, that theory doesn't work as well when you have to be at deaths door to get tested and treated for it here in the USA.
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Grandma wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:08 am I have a friend who asked people on Facebook their opinions on him traveling to Argentina and Brazil.
It was about 50/50 in terms of those who said he should go and those who said he shouldn't.

After reading the previous 71 responses this was my response....

Some people responding don't seem to realize it's so much more than worrying if YOU contract the virus. Parts of the world are going in shut down mode - with more to come. Think about what would happen if you were traveling in Northern Italy right now. You would be fu*ked. Heck, I am supposed to travel to California in 2 weeks. Probably not going to happen because I am under the impression it's going to get a whole lot worse to the point where everything I want to do (NCAA Basketball games, Dodgers game, attend Awards show, go to nice restaurants, etc.) will possibly/probably be postponed/cancelled. I have ZERO doubt that traveling in and out of airports will become a major issue to the point where some may actually become quarantined. It's going to really suck for anyone/everyone. Forgetting all that, I don't care how much money you have - the world's economy is getting CRUSHED. Inevitable major shut downs, layoffs, etc. across the board to come.
133 deaths in one day in Italy, with ¼ of Italy's population, 16,000,000 people, quarantined.

I've been waiting for a buying opportunity like 2009 since ~ 2010, although I hadn't envisioned a global pandemic as the cause:

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Just heard that the # of new infections in China continues to decrease.

Six dead in Italy prison riots after visits suspended due to coronavirus

Six prisoners have died in a Modena prison after riots broke out in several Italian jails following the suspension of visits to curb the spread of the coronavirus, according to authorities.

Riots occurred on Sunday in Modena, Frosinone, Naples, Pavia, Alessandria and Foggia prisons, according to a statement by the Italian justice ministry. The disturbances ended on Sunday evening.

"The protests concerned the coronavirus emergency, as well as the measures issued by the government to reduce the risk of infection and protect those who lives and works within the prison," the statement wrote.
Derek Cressman
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Broham
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Wondering if this guy missed his calling:

Derek Cressman
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jhawks99 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:45 am Image
Derek Cressman
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

According to The Atlantic, the CDC isn't going to let us know the # of negative COVID-19 tests. My default is to trust the CDC, but I'd be curious to hear their reasoning.

Meanwhile, just this morning. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like he aught to have something better to do.

Derek Cressman
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Feral wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:35 am According to The Atlantic, the CDC isn't going to let us know the # of negative COVID-19 tests. My default is to trust the CDC, but I'd be curious to hear their reasoning.

Meanwhile, just this morning. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like he aught to have something better to do.

I’m so sick of this dumb fuck.

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

His ability to falsely-downplay things via Twitter is going to get people killed.

Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

sdoyel wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:48 am
Feral wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:35 am According to The Atlantic, the CDC isn't going to let us know the # of negative COVID-19 tests. My default is to trust the CDC, but I'd be curious to hear their reasoning.

I’m so sick of this dumb fuck.
More frightening than the virus is that people actually like the fuckstick and think he's doing a great job.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

So dangerous. My Mom encountered someone who actually told her that the coronavirus doesnt actually exist and is just a made-up thing by Democrats to make Donald Trump look bad and to scare voters.

You can't fix stupid but you sure can dupe it.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i’m not advocating panic, but why in the world would you even consider doing/saying something that would minimize the potential here?

why would you not want to be overly-cautious?

just seems so illogical, not to mention dangerous
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:54 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:28 pm i’ll preface this by saying that i don’t want anyone getting sick, let alone dying....

but, it would serve this administration right if this thing blew up in their faces (more than it already has)
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

I posted the bit last night about CPAC. The guy who runs CPAC introduced and shook hands with POTUS and VPOTUS after meeting with and have conversations with the guy who tested positive.

If one of them gets it, then whole mutherfucking arc of the response changes instantly.

I agree with you; I don't want anyone getting sick. But it would certainly motivate their fat asses.
Derek Cressman
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

“HE’S DEFINITELY MELTING DOWN OVER THIS”: TRUMP, GERMAPHOBE IN CHIEF, STRUGGLES TO CONTROL THE COVID-19 STORY

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/03 ... d-19-story
Ever since the coronavirus exploded outside of China at the end of January, Donald Trump has treated the public health crisis as a media war that he could win with the right messaging. But with cases now documented in 34 states and markets plunging, Republicans close to Trump fear his rosy assessments are fundamentally detached from reality in ways that will make the epidemic worse. “He is trying to control the narrative and he can’t,” a former West Wing official told me.

The problem is that the crisis fits into his preexisting and deeply held worldview—that the media is always searching for a story to bring him down. Covid-19 is merely the latest instance, and he’s reacting in familiar ways. “So much FAKE NEWS!” Trump tweeted this morning. “He wants Justice to open investigations of the media for market manipulation,” a source close to the White House told me. Trump is also frustrated with his West Wing for not getting a handle on the news cycle.

[...]

[O]one person who spoke to the president over the weekend saw the press conference as an ominous sign. “He’s just now waking up to the fact that this is bad, and he doesn’t know how to respond.”

As Trump pushes a nothing-to-see-here message in public, sources said he’s privately terrified about getting the virus.

[...]

Stories about Trump’s coronavirus fears have spread through the White House. Last week Trump told aides he’s afraid journalists will try to purposefully contract coronavirus to give it to him on Air Force One, a person close to the administration told me. The source also said Trump has asked the Secret Service to set up a screening program and bar anyone who has a cough from the White House grounds. “He’s definitely melting down over this,” the source said.

But thus far Trump’s private concerns haven’t affected his public response. Pressure from the public health community is mounting on Trump to cancel his mass rallies, but Trump is pushing back. “He is going to resist until the very last minute,” a former West Wing official said. “He may take suggestions to stop shaking hands, but in terms of shutting stuff down, his position is: ‘No, I’m not going to do it.’”
It goes without saying, but: Trump is simply incapable of evaluating any issue in a perspective other than him being the center of the universe.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:54 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:28 pm i’ll preface this by saying that i don’t want anyone getting sick, let alone dying....

but, it would serve this administration right if this thing blew up in their faces (more than it already has)
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

I posted the bit last night about CPAC. The guy who runs CPAC introduced and shook hands with POTUS and VPOTUS after meeting with and have conversations with the guy who tested positive.

If one of them gets it, then whole mutherfucking arc of the response changes instantly.

I agree with you; I don't want anyone getting sick. But it would certainly motivate their fat asses.
Ah ha ha ha ha!

Yes that's wut we want a motorvated trump. THIS will certainly "chasten him". He will now let the CDC do their job and.......oh who are you kidding?

Not even yourself.

Your boy trump will be trump and your trumpublican party will be in self preservation mode so.... deny, deny, deny, deflect, scapegoat, and deny some more.

First order of business, let's get everyone looking into the finances of the Bidens so we can change the narrative. And some tax cuts for investor dividends. My dividends will surely drop this year so let's reduce the taxes so as not to affect my take home.

Then we need to get everyone at the CDC working on a report to show how Obama's incompetence cratered the CDC's ability to fight a pandemic. Fox News will cover this in an eye opening series.

Everyone who is not working on this report at the CDC will need to show up for a series of TV press opportunities with the orange one and be prepared to say, " I am amazed at how much he knows about viruses, he is a genius."

The trumpublicans have cast their lot and they are all in on the trump dynasty. They will back him to the bitter end out of fear that Hannity will call them disloyal.

"Motivate their fat asses".....yes, because the only thing more dangerous than a disengaged trump is a motivated trump.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

He should resign now.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto