Chiefs Offseason 2024

Kansas Football.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Chiefs Offseason 2024

Post by pdub »

DeletedUser wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 12:47 pm Why did they ban you for that question?
They called it a shit post - and fine, they are the mods and maybe they are regulating a possible flood of who would you rather topics.

But to be honest, /nfl kind of has it out for Chiefs fans at this moment in time ( just like i'm sure Pats fans experienced for a while ).

I get a one week timeout.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

The Kansas City Chiefs and Harrison Butker have agreed to a contract extension that will make him the highest-paid kicker in the NFL, according to multiple reports.

Butker had one year remaining on his current deal. The new contract is reportedly for $25.6 million over four years, including $17.75 million guaranteed. Butker is now signed with the Chiefs through 2028.

Originally a seventh-round draft pick of the Carolina Panthers, Butker has kicked for Kansas City since 2017. He has converted 89.1% of his 197 career field-goal attempts during the regular season. And he’s been even more accurate during the playoffs, hitting 91.4% of his kicks in the postseason, helping the Chiefs win three Super Bowls since 2019...
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Remember when people wanted him cut?
Lol what a week that was.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

pdub wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 7:08 pm Remember when people wanted him cut?
Lol what a week that was.
I believe he put a lot of pressure on himself which may lead to bad things. And Townsend not there. He had a great year. And a bad offseason
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If having a bad offseason means becoming the highest paid at the position then Hunter Dickinson better line up a bunch of talks at religious colleges pronto.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I sort of doubt HD shares the same beliefs as Butker. HD seems like a good dude. Teammates seemingly love him. Funniest guy on the team.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

You missed the joke.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The joke may be on all of us. What separates any kicker from Lin Elliott are the voices in their head. Elliott was good until he wasn't after a Super Bowl ring with Dallas even. Inexplicable yips. Butker basically burned a lot of goodwill and knows it. Never destroy goodwill.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I’m cheering for the dude.
He’s the Chiefs kicker and I hope he continues to kick accurately.

Do I disagree with what he said? Absolutely. Do I think he deserved the amount of hate that he got for saying it? No.
( this is different than saying that people can’t speak their mind—they can—I just think it was blown out of proportion as much is in todays socially digitally driven society ).
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

pdub wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 12:36 am I’m cheering for the dude.
He’s the Chiefs kicker and I hope he continues to kick accurately.

Do I disagree with what he said? Absolutely. Do I think he deserved the amount of hate that he got for saying it? No.
( this is different than saying that people can’t speak their mind—they can—I just think it was blown out of proportion as much is in todays socially digitally driven society ).
I couldn't agree more with the post above. Only think I might add is I probably wouldn't cheer for him if he was a kicker on any team other than the Chiefs or Bears but I would probably say that about every other kicker in the league.
I might also add - I don't like the dude but I don't hate him, and NEVER did I feel the Chiefs should cut him.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

PDub: i agree. But when I saw Butker's remarks, as a kicker, I thought "oh no." Their psychology is fragile. He is probably a good luck shoe away from missing some key kicks as it is. Hoping he can compartmentalize.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I honestly think more Chiefs fans might side with much of what he said than not.
I also think more Chiefs players might side with much of what he said than not.

So he just needs to tone out the people who don't follow football who latched onto the story because it could sell clicks like hot cakes because of the vitriol that could be churned up from it AND the opposing fans who already want him to miss every kick to begin with ( but now they have more fuel for their signs they can hold up that he probably will never see or read ).
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

I never believed he should be cut, but still believe if he wasn’t the (one of the) best at his position, he would have been. And thats gross.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 10:20 am I never believed he should be cut, but still believe if he wasn’t the (one of the) best at his position, he would have been. And thats gross.
There is a personal conduct rule that is loosely enforced when someone denigrates others on the basis of religion, culture or sex. He hit on all three. Needs a PR guy
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 10:08 am I honestly think more Chiefs fans might side with much of what he said than not.
For sure. And support following the comments sure seems to support those conclusions.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

If he weren't closely aligned with people involved in Christian Nationalism and Project 2025, I'd feel better about him. IMO, it wasn't an accident that Butker went as far as he did the day he gave that commencement address.

5/18/2024 "Harrison Butker has businesses that tie back to Leonard Leo, Josh Hawley, Project 2025, and the 7 Mountain Mandate. His words are EXACTLY who he is and what he envisions America to be very soon."

Butker & Project 2025
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

A rat bastard who kicks. But the Hunts are pretty scary too.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

pdub wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 10:08 am I honestly think more Chiefs fans might side with much of what he said than not.
agree with the first…not so much the second
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

NFL players are a larger percent Christian than the general populace.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

pdub wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 5:01 am NFL players are a larger percent Christian than the general populace.
My guess is you are probably right.
I don't know what makes someone Christian (or not) but I do know a lot if not most NFL Players pray, and say glory to god/Jesus, and actually believe God gives a damn about them - on a frequent basis.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.