NBA Offseason

Kansas Basketball.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: NBA Offseason

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:38 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:30 pm Hope so. Was never really used right in Minny and Steph Curry opens up an offense for everyone.
To add, as always one of the weird truths for KU fan perspective: Wiggins is one day younger than Devonte' Graham and almost a whole year younger than Frank Mason. Still a lot of time to develop into something.
Can you imagine telling someone, around this time in 2013 (when Wiggins was just starting his career at KU and Graham was still bound by a letter of intent to Appalachian State), that come 2020, Graham would be the obviously better NBA player, without injury being a factor?

Not the craziest prediction you could make about 2020, I suppose, but still.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Someone should have told Wiggs that.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

"I took that personally"
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:24 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:38 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:30 pm Hope so. Was never really used right in Minny and Steph Curry opens up an offense for everyone.
To add, as always one of the weird truths for KU fan perspective: Wiggins is one day younger than Devonte' Graham and almost a whole year younger than Frank Mason. Still a lot of time to develop into something.
Can you imagine telling someone, around this time in 2013 (when Wiggins was just starting his career at KU and Graham was still bound by a letter of intent to Appalachian State), that come 2020, Graham would be the obviously better NBA player, without injury being a factor?

Not the craziest prediction you could make about 2020, I suppose, but still.
Wiggins has developed in to a guy who has averaged 19.7 points a game in his career.
Here is a crazy thing to consider. Magic Johnson averaged 19.5 points per game for his career.
If when he was drafted someone made me guess what Wiggins career average would have been at this point I may have guessed about 22 points per game. Not too far off.
The other thing Wiggins has developed in to is a guy who will be getting paid close to 150 million dollars over a 5 year period - for someone who has been considered to have little heart/desire to be a great player.
That's a big head scratcher to me.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Make no mistake, averaging 20 PPG in the NBA is hard as hell. That's only scratching the surface for someone as gifted as Wiggins, though.

And that'st he most disappointing to me. The plateau. At age 25, I often think he looked better at age 20.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:21 am Make no mistake, averaging 20 PPG in the NBA is hard as hell. That's only scratching the surface for someone as gifted as Wiggins, though.

And that'st he most disappointing to me. The plateau. At age 25, I often think he looked better at age 20.
It's just such an empty 20ppg. I was good with him being an uber-second-banana.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:28 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:21 am Make no mistake, averaging 20 PPG in the NBA is hard as hell. That's only scratching the surface for someone as gifted as Wiggins, though.

It's just such an empty 20ppg. I was good with him being an uber-second-banana.
What did you expect, though? He can't really shoot, He's a crazy good athlete, but 99% of guys in the Association are, so he's neutralized there.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

He's actually been a better jump shooter than projected. His problem was under Thibs's system, they had him going horizontal off of screens for his jump shot. That's brick city for him. Needs to be facing the basket. Limited shooter.

He was a badass rebounder and on-ball defender in Lawrence. Where'd that go?

Early in his career he was like a top-3 scorer on the block for a guard. Where'd that go?

Shit, he doesn't even dunk that much anymore.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:40 am He's actually been a better jump shooter than projected. His problem was under Thibs's system, they had him going horizontal off of screens for his jump shot. That's brick city for him. Needs to be facing the basket. Limited shooter.

Early in his career he was like a top-3 scorer on the block for a guard. Where'd that go?

Right. He doesn't use his athleticism at all.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Kerr has done a better job with him. All of his best offensive plays here start out in triple-threat on the perimeter and then attacks the rim straight on. He's more limited than you'd like, but when he wants that move, it's devastating.

NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

4 of his top 10 plays were the same play, lol. And it's been his go to since HS.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Well, that's fine if it works and he plays to that strength.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:48 am Kerr has done a better job with him. All of his best offensive plays here start out in triple-threat on the perimeter and then attacks the rim straight on. He's more limited than you'd like, but when he wants that move, it's devastating.

He should have 10 better plays that that every month.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

I agree, if it works, but I can also agree that it's bad he hasn't expanded his arsenal in 6 years in the league. Doesn't exactly counter the narrative that he has a poor work ethic and is content coasting by on just athletic ability.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:40 am He's actually been a better jump shooter than projected. His problem was under Thibs's system, they had him going horizontal off of screens for his jump shot. That's brick city for him. Needs to be facing the basket. Limited shooter.

Thibs should never get another NBA job for how badly he mishandled Wiggins. Fucking crime, man.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NDballer13 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:53 am I agree, if it works, but I can also agree that it's bad he hasn't expanded his arsenal in 6 years in the league. Doesn't exactly counter the narrative that he has a poor work ethic and is content coasting by on just athletic ability.
Absolutely agree.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Too many moves to keep track of but this guy disrespected me and KU so as far as I am concerned - I will never be a fan of his.
I have to assume the Lakers basically told him - GTFO being that he originally tweeted what he did.
It's not as if he got a better deal signing with the 76ers.

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

This off-season, the Lakers have landed the first and second place finishers for the 2020 Sixth Man Award in Montrezl Harrell and Denis Schroeder. Pretty solid upgrades from the guys they lost in Dwight Howard and Danny Green.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Hayward to Charlotte
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

4 year 120 mil?!